Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shonai

ST, changes to test ships and engine boost of planes

30 comments in this topic

WG Staff
25 posts
5 battles

French destroyer Siroco, tier V:

• Torpedoes are changed:
    • Damage is lowered from 14 883 to 12 233;
    • Speed is lowered from 60 to 57 knots;
    • Range is lowered from 9 to 7 km;
    • Detectability range is lowered from 1.3 to 1.2 km;
    • Flooding chance is lowered from 246% to 199%.

Siroco's main strengths are, like that of researchable French destroyers, effective main caliber guns and the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable. Tests have shown that Siroco's torpedoes are too effective for the ship with such features, and thus they are replaced with weaker ones with a range closer to the destroyer's detection range.

French destroyer Mogador, tier IX:

• Main caliber guns reload time is increased from 7.5 to 8 s.

Reload time increase allows Mogador to be balanced with her classmates in terms of combat efficiency keeping intact her features of good speed and Main Battery Reload Booster consumable.

Soviet battleship Slava, tier X:

• Turrets 180 degree turn time is lowered from 60 to 45 s;
  • Main caliber guns reload time is lowered from 33 to 30 s.

Previous changes to this battleship were intended to outline Slava's role as a ship for long-range combat having good firepower, but vulnerable when under focused. Lowered survivability impacted Slava's positioning in combat and moved it away from enemies. But the firepower of the ship was not enough and we decided to return some of the parameters to their previous values.

Soviet cruiser Smolensk, tier X:

• Main caliber guns base firing range is lowered from 15.6 to 13.8 km.

Good ballistics together with a Smoke Generator consumable allow this cruiser to confidently shoot over long distances despite it's main weakness - survivability. Lower range will bring Smolensk closer to enemies and make the cruiser more vulnerable.

French cruiser Colbert, tier X:

• The restoration of the casemate (non-citadel) damage by Repair party is increased from 50% to 60%;
  • The restoration of the citadel damage by Repair party is increased from 33% to 50%.

Due to the nature of her ballistics, Colbert is most effective at medium ranges, and, considering her low amount of HP, every hit will deal significant damage to the cruiser. An increased amount of restored damage will compensate for this.

Japanese destroyer Yudachi, tier VII:

• Torpedoes are changed:
    • Damage is lowered from 17 233 to 15 633;
    • Flooding chance is lowered from 287% to 259%.

Yudachi has long-range torpedoes especially effective against battleships and low detectability range of the ship allows her to use torpedoes without getting close to targets. Besides that, low detectability gives an edge over enemy destroyers. With support from the team, Yudachi can fight for key areas, but it will be difficult to win in a 1 on 1 gun fight. Tests have shown that the concept of the ship works well, but the efficiency of the ship is higher than that of it's classmates. Torpedo damage was lowered to keep the gameplay of the ship and her low detection range intact, but to balance it with destroyers in terms of combat efficiency.

The minimal speed when the engine boost is used is changed for all planes of IV - X tiers. With the S key pressed, aircraft will decelerate by 26.25 knots instead of 17.5. Japanese and Graf Zeppelin's aircraft, as well as the attack aircraft of all nations will decelerate by 30 knots instead of 20 upon pressing the S key.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 3

[OM]
Players
219 posts
10,736 battles

Finally i got proof that WG Devs are disconnected from their own game!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,281 posts
14,162 battles
10 minutes ago, Alelos said:

Finally i got proof that WG Devs are disconnected from their own game!

In what way?

• Bad 1

[OM]
Players
219 posts
10,736 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

In what way?

Is this an out of season April fools joke?

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,281 posts
14,162 battles
6 minutes ago, Alelos said:

Is this an out of season April fools joke?

So you think that Smolensk, a cruiser that is considered EXTREMLY powerful, should not have lost the range?

• Bad 2

[OCG-R]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
731 posts
16,451 battles

yep, lost the range will change nothing on Smolensk. (we just need to put AFT and range mod, and you keep the same firing range )

It will be better to nerf a bit the reload

[OM]
Players
219 posts
10,736 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

So you think that Smolensk, a cruiser that is considered EXTREMLY powerful, should not have lost the range?

What Smolensk?

Modder
2,342 posts
21,748 battles
40 minutes ago, shonai said:

Japanese destroyer Yudachi, tier VII:

• Torpedoes are changed:
    • Damage is lowered from 17 233 to 15 633;
    • Flooding chance is lowered from 287% to 259%.

Yudachi has long-range torpedoes especially effective against battleships and low detectability range of the ship allows her to use torpedoes without getting close to targets. Besides that, low detectability gives an edge over enemy destroyers. With support from the team, Yudachi can fight for key areas, but it will be difficult to win in a 1 on 1 gun fight. Tests have shown that the concept of the ship works well, but the efficiency of the ship is higher than that of it's classmates. Torpedo damage was lowered to keep the gameplay of the ship and her low detection range intact, but to balance it with destroyers in terms of combat efficiency.

That's right. Make the bad torpedoes even worse. The chance of hitting is already relatively small by speed and uncovering. Only against inattentive opponents the torpedoes are really devastating.

This ship is probably already one of the worst destroyers I've ever been allowed to drive.  Fun is different.

Yes, the ship has its strengths, too. The guns are slow, but quite usable and able to hit hard.  A 1vs1 against other Japanese destroyers can be won.

The camouflage value is outstanding, especially as  top tier.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
26,281 posts
14,162 battles
1 minute ago, Alelos said:

What Smolensk?

That happens when you focus only on one thing, not the whole post.

• Bad 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,587 posts
16,423 battles

Ok, there's nothing between those changes that makes sense.

Smolensk change would, if AFT didn't exist. Basically that merely locks you into one particular build.

Colbert buffs? lol

Slava buffs? lol

Yuudachi and Siroco nerfs? lol

I don't think I've ever seen an update that had no one useful/decent/quality of life change at least.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,795 posts
26,684 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

What this do is just make AFT mandatory. And as IFHE is already mandatory, which mean 8 captain points spent for mandatory skills. I think that Smolensk, same as Colbert, need nerf but not sure if this is the best way. I hate when you are forced to use some many points on captain skills which are mandatory.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,795 posts
26,684 battles

WT... WG. What are those changes. I don't know a single CC that is thinking that Yudachi is not a cr*p and you are still nerfing it. And at the same time buffing Slava and Colbert? Please tell this is some kind of joke.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,591 posts
8,858 battles

925.jpg_large

1 hour ago, shonai said:

Soviet battleship Slava, tier X: [...] But the firepower of the ship was not enough and we decided to return some of the parameters to their previous values.

Soviet battleship Slava, tier X [...] But the firepower of the ship was not enough

Slava, firepower not enough

giphy.gif

Lost for words... lost all hope, better uninstall soon

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Players
138 posts
10,513 battles

Slava buffs

Colbert buffs

Yuudachi nerfs

CV buffs, especially for rocket planes

WG is actually just trolling us now holy crap xD xD xD It's like every single of these changes is designed to be the polar opposite of what should be

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,485 posts
13,494 battles

People complain about how a sniper slava is bad for the meta so WG gives it some buffs that dont even fully revert the last nerf it got so that it can stand more chance at closer ranges and not entirely rely on sniping and people complain that it's getting buffed, holy moly.

[CATS]
Players
26,281 posts
14,162 battles
23 minutes ago, fumtu said:

What this do is just make AFT mandatory. And as IFHE is already mandatory, which mean 8 captain points spent for mandatory skills. I think that Smolensk, same as Colbert, need nerf but not sure if this is the best way. I hate when you are forced to use some many points on captain skills which are mandatory.

Yeah, and AFT does not cost any points one could use for something else...

• Bad 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,587 posts
16,423 battles
1 hour ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

People complain about how a sniper slava is bad for the meta so WG gives it some buffs that dont even fully revert the last nerf it got so that it can stand more chance at closer ranges and not entirely rely on sniping and people complain that it's getting buffed, holy moly.

It's still a sniper Slava, only now it can shoot more often and can more confortably engage ships all over the map with the faster turret traverse.

None of these buffs make it NOT a sniper. It just became a sniper with even more probable damage dealt...

Obviously having any kind of ship that promotes passive long range play is dubious at best, but the problem with Slava is that it's just too freaking good at it.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,485 posts
13,494 battles
6 minutes ago, Toivia said:

It's still a sniper Slava, only now it can shoot more often and can more confortably engage ships all over the map with the faster turret traverse.

None of these buffs make it NOT a sniper. It just became a sniper with even more probable damage dealt...

Obviously having any kind of ship that promotes passive long range play is dubious at best, but the problem with Slava is that it's just too freaking good at it.

But since they nerfed it the last round it's now underperforming, so.

But we only have what WG is saying about it, they're not showing us the stats.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,587 posts
16,423 battles
5 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

But we only have what WG is saying about it, they're not showing us the stats.

Point is I haven't seen the ship underperform at all. Every streamer I've seen playing it kept getting great results. Even at close ranges, where the dispersion is supposed to be somewhat worse than for most BBs, the salvoes are consistent.

The only real and obvious weakness for Slava is the lack of heal charges. But the gunpower at range simply compensates for it very easily.

Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles

*sad Poi noises*

Less firepower than Shinonome, about same in torpedo power. Barely better concealment. What a trash design. As I already told our clan leader yesterday, you don't want WG to implement your favourite ships. Chances are, they mess it up and the ship's nfuriatingly garbage or a pile of toxic gimmicks.

• Cool 3

[URBAN]
Players
18 posts
3,774 battles

I honestly don't understand the Yudachi nerf and I am honestly confused why WG would do this considered how popular Yudachi is.

This is a ship that is extremely popular because of a anime called Kancolle and could potentially be a gold mine for WG, if the intention is to sell it for real money and they make it this crap.

I wish they could explain their reasoning as to why they make Japanese ship crap which has to be buffed in the future to be playable, and then make Russian ships that is so overpowered they have to nerf them to balance things.

I just don't get it to be honest.

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
7 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

*sad Poi noises*

Less firepower than Shinonome, about same in torpedo power. Barely better concealment. What a trash design. As I already told our clan leader yesterday, you don't want WG to implement your favourite ships. Chances are, they mess it up and the ship's nfuriatingly garbage or a pile of toxic gimmicks.

The curse of the japanese ships, they always have some really hard disadvantages. The Shima as torpedo ship with such bad reaction times. Now the Hayadate almost a fine dd a bit like the Gearing, but then bad concealment... Or the Harugumo, good gun boat, but large and sluggish as hell. Or the Asashio, she can hit planes with her torpedos.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,795 posts
26,684 battles
16 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Every CC I watch is still calling her OP even after nerfs. She is still too good, and her concept is still braindead as it was before. WG should scrap whole concept and try to find a new role for the ship.

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Every CC I watch is still calling her OP even after nerfs. She is still too good, and her concept is still brainless as it was before. WG should scrap whole concept and try to find a new role for the ship.

MrConway said, she was underperforming with the nerf, thus they buffed her slightly again.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,591 posts
8,858 battles
7 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Every CC I watch is still calling her OP even after nerfs. She is still too good, and her concept is still brainless as it was before. WG should scrap whole concept and try to find a new role for the ship.

Dont think they will do that. They have a basic concept for a ship - they dont move away from it imo. Like GC, they propose a nerf to T6 instead of doing some other tweaks. Same with Slava, they obviously want a range sniper, so it will stay like that, and they will screw around with other stuff long enough until its right in "their mind".

1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

MrConway said, she was underperforming with the nerf, thus they buffed her slightly again.

I guess some ST plebs played it like morons, ofc it sucks then :cap_haloween:

(Community balancing GZ anyone? :Smile_hiding:)

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this