You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captn_Crap

Gamemode Proposal: Nation vs Nation Team Battles

25 comments in this topic

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
294 posts
16,865 battles

I know I'm not the first one to propose Nation vs Nation battles. There are obvious reasons why it didn't work in Wot (I never played Wot so I don't know how they implemented it exactly). One problem is that nations are not balanced against each other but with the following system it might work:

- team battles (for example 7vs7)

- no fixed tier but a point system: For example 60 tier points which get split up among the team (tier 10 costs 10 points, tier 7 costs 7 points, etc.). Total points should increase/decrease depending on serverwide winrate of a nation to balance the nations automatically. 

- each ship only once

- no CVs yet (only 3 nations have a CV tree)

- possibly 1 BB max

- T6-T10

- 6 nations after introduction of french dds (US, UK, Germany, Russia, France, Japan)

Example of a Japanese and American team with 60 tier points: 

Spoiler

Japan

- Musashi
- Zao
- Azuma
- Atago
- Mogami
- Kitakaze
- Shiratsuyu

US

- Worcester
- Missouri
- Alaska
- Black
- Kidd
- Baltimore
- Indianapolis

After 1 week of battles the winrate might look like this: US 54% and Japan 46%. If we decrease/increase the total points by 1 point per 2% increase/decrease in winrate the total points for each nation look like this: US 58 Points and Japan 62 Points.

Example of a Japanese and American team with 62/58 tier points:

Spoiler

Japan (62 Points)

- Yamato
- Zao
- Azuma
- Atago
- Mogami
- Kitakaze
- Kagero

US (58 Points)

- Worcester 
- Missouri
- Alaska
- Black
- Baltimore
- Indianapolis
- Monaghan

At some point every nation should even out at around 50% WR while the system can react to meta changes accordingly.

• Cool 8

[ADRIA]
Players
273 posts
12,254 battles

While I do like the idea of a Nations vs Nations battle, it really needs more profound thought, design and implementation testing. Think that is why they made PvE operations.

Imagine a IJN vs USN where only USN have radar and IJN dont, which might sway the battle to much in USNs favor.

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,870 battles

I think this is a good idea but they should start by having a game mode called something like "Historical Random Battle" where it is historical factions. 

So UK + USA + FRANCE + USSR vs Germany + Japan + Italy

• Cool 1

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
294 posts
16,865 battles
2 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

While I do like the idea of a Nations vs Nations battle, it really needs more profound thought, design and implementation testing. Think that is why they made PvE operations.

Imagine a IJN vs USN where only USN have radar and IJN dont, which might sway the battle to much in USNs favor.

That's why I thought of the point system. At some point the nations are forced to even out at around 50% WR. Strong nations like the US will only be able to take much weaker ships into battle.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,737 battles
12 minutes ago, Munchboii said:

I think this is a good idea but they should start by having a game mode called something like "Historical Random Battle" where it is historical factions. 

So UK + USA + FRANCE + USSR vs Germany + Japan + Italy

Again all the Radar on one side - needs balance or make Radar against the rules of this mode.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,737 battles
23 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

[Snip]

Example of a Japanese and American team with 60 tier points: 

Reveal hidden contents

Japan

- Musashi
- Zao
- Azuma
- Atago
- Mogami
- Kitakaze
- Shiratsuyu

US

- Worcester
- Missouri
- Alaska
- Black
- Kidd
- Baltimore
- Indianapolis

After 1 week of battles the winrate might look like this: US 54% and Japan 46%. If we decrease/increase the total points by 1 point per 2% increase/decrease in winrate the total points for each nation look like this: US 58 Points and Japan 62 Points.

Example of a Japanese and American team with 62/58 tier points:

Reveal hidden contents

Japan (62 Points)

- Yamato
- Zao
- Azuma
- Atago
- Mogami
- Kitakaze
- Kagero

US (58 Points)

- Worcester 
- Missouri
- Alaska
- Black
- Baltimore
- Indianapolis
- Monaghan

[Snip]

How would the players sign up? As a clan directed by Clan Officers? As individuals with a slots apublished list of classes such as slots for a Worcester or Baltimore?

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
294 posts
16,865 battles
4 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

How would the players sign up? As a clan directed by Clan Officers? As individuals with a slots apublished list of classes such as slots for a Worcester or Baltimore?

I would suggest to just do it over the normal division window. There should be a number in the divsion window showing how many points are left. If there are 60 total points and someone chooses a T10 ship the number will be reduced to 50. Of course not everyone will be able to take a T10 ship so you have to figure out your own setup.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,622 battles

Nah dont balance it, if its a lot of radar to counter then git gud and handle it else be on the allies side.

I would welcome a radar vs non radar team deathmatch

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Nations are not balanced against each other. Ships are balanced for mixed nation games. That's why we don't get nation versus nation battles.

Players
1,633 posts
18,223 battles

Interesting idea I remember it was very briefly tried in world of tanks but it really didn't work out well as different tiers favoured certain nations. 

[FLYD]
Players
1,378 posts
13,091 battles

It would not only kind of suck it would suck hard, nation traits for the allies (Rapid fire cruisers, longer smoke and the better smoke counter in radar)

Would negate anything resembling fun in that.

Axis vessels have a good hydro thats it in the most cases.

I don't say its not feeseable to play it but the pure meta of it would ruin it for anyone not in an allied ship *shrug*

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,976 battles
14 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

That's a lot of radar to counter when put down on paper XD

Didn't you know, spreadsheet says the amount of radar doesn't effect the outcome of a battle.

Players
4,016 posts
9 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

Didn't you know, spreadsheet says the amount of radar doesn't effect the outcome of a battle.

Of course it doesn't.

By the same spreadshit CV rework is a major success and subs will balance the game out once and for all.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,976 battles
5 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Of course it doesn't.

By the same spreadshit CV rework is a major success and subs will balance the game out once and for all.

WG just need to "upset" players even more every time.

Radar < Carrier Rework < Submarines < TBD

• Cool 1

Players
3,226 posts
9 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Interesting idea I remember it was very briefly tried in world of tanks but it really didn't work out well as different tiers favoured certain nations. 

Maybe WoW's could have a Frontlines event similar to WoT's where just tier 8's see tier 8's, or a grand battles scenario, just an idea, we certainly need a tier 8 weekly ops

• Cool 1

Players
2,384 posts
15,336 battles

I'm afraid what you are going to end up with on high tiers is competition for nations equipped with radar consumable...

It might work only for silver ships of mid - lower tiers (especially for which any alternative game modes are non existant...)

Players
1,633 posts
18,223 battles
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

Maybe WoW's could have a Frontlines event similar to WoT's where just tier 8's see tier 8's, or a grand battles scenario, just an idea, we certainly need a tier 8 weekly ops

I would love some new operations I have almost given up hope we will ever get the carrier based ones back. 

Also so it would be fun to have something like front lines. 

• Cool 2

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,585 battles

I would like that. It would definitively make more sense as a fun brawl mode than some post apocalyptic BR.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,829 posts
7,370 battles
15 hours ago, Captn_Crap said:

I would suggest to just do it over the normal division window. There should be a number in the divsion window showing how many points are left. If there are 60 total points and someone chooses a T10 ship the number will be reduced to 50. Of course not everyone will be able to take a T10 ship so you have to figure out your own setup.

I'd even say limit it to T6-7-8 or something, as higher tiers are much much stronger.

So you can take either Allied or Axis ships, to a 'max total of 100 points' or something.

And then team can ALSO take more ships if they are all T6, depending on max points.

So you can take all T8, but might face a multiple of T6 ships. 

Say you'd take Bismarck and Gneisenau, but that would count as 3 T6 BBs?

You'd face 3x New Mexico. That would make it more fun IMO.

14 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Also so it would be fun to have something like front lines. 

You mean, an on-going battle where you can just jump in. Excellent.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,474 posts

While real world navies tried to keep each other in balance and copied or countered each others designs it will probably not work in game because WG artificially, for gameplay sake balanced  whole tech trees with gimmicks or traits that make them diffrent from other nations.

Mixed in game modes with all other nations ships this often is a positive thing, but with the whole team suffering a shared weakness.....not a good idea.

I do like the idea a lot however.....Japanese or Germans ( and probably the Italians too ) for example did not use mixed nation fleets, it feels unnatural to be in all nation teams with them. Maybe that is the reason we do not have axis based Operarions/scenario's ?

• Cool 1

Players
6,822 posts
245 battles

They tried this in world of tanks and while i liked it, it really showed which tanks were better against others or which just simply shat on the rest.

Tiger 1's vs is-2's was hilarious. Hellcats vs su-100's even more so.

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,622 battles

Then give some axis ships radar, I know historically they had some forms of radar. Yamato for e.g. was fitted with a low tech radar.

Just give axis ships nerfed versions of radar or boost hydros