Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Desty_NL

Ranked - Stalingrad play style

10 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
13,261 battles

Rank battles --> Do you consider the Stalingrad to be an early game close (radar)support ship?

Plz post your  insights. 

Thanks and have a nice day!

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

In a Moskva i went full speed around some islands in the circle map, caught the single DD in the match between other enemies , it smoked,  i used radar, executed it,  and not mements after  ofcourse was executed by every enemy in the match simultaniously. We won the match because the enemy had no means to cap the middle without getting mass fired upon anymore.....

I am sure you do not consider that good play, despite winning the match :Smile-_tongue:

Players
3,652 posts
14,315 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

In a Moskva i went full speed around some islands in the circle map, caught the single DD in the match between other enemies , it smoked,  i used radar, executed it,  and not mements after  ofcourse was executed by every enemy in the match simultaniously. We won the match because the enemy had no means to cap the middle without getting mass fired upon anymore.....

I am sure you do not consider that good play, despite winning the match :Smile-_tongue:

And that has what to do about Stalingrads overall play style? Trying to derail another thread with your inane nonsense again huh...

• Cool 6

[XTREM]
Players
4,272 posts
11,906 battles

Stalingrad never felt like a real problem in ranked.

It usually never had targets to shoot at and real problems to get out of the position it ankered itself to.

Rank 5+ was heavy BB meta so the stalin mostly was an ineffectice pick since the few cruisers that were around were always behind cover.

As i pöayed half of ranked as a shima the 12km radar is short enough to just dodge the incoming fire long enough until radar finishes and then completely wreck parked stalins or their BB support.

Players
3,652 posts
14,315 battles
6 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Parked stalin is a dead stalin.

Easy to burn, easy to torp and easy to citadel. 

[XTREM]
Players
2,032 posts
14,944 battles

Whatever you do, don't park or hug an island. You're easy food for Haku, and if your flank goes south you will likely not be able to escape.

You can radar a cap, even early game, but don't go bow in and do it. Instead, know where you'll be within range, then before you get there, turn out. Then reverse so you cover the cap. Keep yourself angled to enemy fire. When the cap is contested, you can radar. Done right you will take little to no damage.

In this way, you can also more easily escape and be in a position to move if you see the CV coming for you. 

Stalin is a strong ship. Use it primarily for AP fire support at targets of opportunity, especially in the beginning, and don't be scared to use HE if there is a ship parked bow in and not going to give angle. 

This is not her strength, but she can also be a pusher. Consider the situation carefully before you commit to it. Pushing isn't always the right idea. And... watch for crossfires.

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 ora fa, Beastofwar ha scritto:

I am sure you do not consider that good play, despite winning the match

Yeah, you yoloed like an idiot and you were  lucky to found a DD more potato than you :Smile_child: 

Back on topic @Desty_NL: I think Stalingrad is great in random where there are a lot of ships and the average player will often show you his broadside; it is also really good in CB where you have a flanking cruiser that can cover you and cross-fire the enemy who wants to angle against your AP. 

But in ranked you are alone: you can’t count of focus-fire on DDs and your short radar may be wasted, other cruisers don’t protect your flank, BBs like to camp the I-J line and if the enemy can angle your HE DPM is quite low.

[T-F-K]
Players
231 posts
14,645 battles

Stalins sucks because lack of AA, in R5-R2 bracelet you almost always get CVs.