You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Munchboii

Battle Royale really?

25 comments in this topic

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,857 battles

Nobody asked for this game mode, how about you work on the ACTUAL game such as NEW MAPS, ITALIAN LINES or CV rework? 

Why oh why oh why dont you know Battle royale was the 2018 meme anyway?? You're a bit late to the party WG

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[XTREM]
Players
3,605 posts
10,810 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Munchboii sagte:

Nobody asked for this game mode, how about you work on the ACTUAL game such as NEW MAPS, ITALIAN LINES or CV rework? 

Why oh why oh why dont you know Battle royale was the 2018 meme anyway?? You're a bit late to the party WG

You know they aren't forcing you to play it and that it's their decision what to put into their game?

I'm sure it will be very successful and a great place for people to escape CVs.

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,070 battles

Well aside from it being a `18 meme I sort of remember loads of topics screaming for it, even on this forum...

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
609 posts
14,037 battles

As if we dont have enough crappy Battle Royal Games already out there....

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles

Wows is gonna have battle royale? Now I have seen it all...

[BHSFL]
Players
3,363 posts
13,020 battles
6 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

You know they aren't forcing you to play it and that it's their decision what to put into their game?

I'm sure it will be very successful and a great place for people to escape CVs.

But they do invest their development time in stuff most players of this game are not waiting for, while conten we are waiting for is on low priority......

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,070 battles

Well as I said pretty sure there were loads and loads of posts asking for it besides jumping on the bandwagon in such cases is more of a rule then exeption in computer gaming

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,469 posts
13,410 battles
6 hours ago, Munchboii said:

If only they could somehow hire multiple people to work on different things at the same time.

They literally just added a new ship line, a new map and balancing for CVs in the latest patch, WG are obviously going to want to also add new "fun" content or whatever it is people say they want when they fill out surveys, and theyll be capable of doing that concurrently with new standard content and balancing work.

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,461 battles
6 hours ago, Munchboii said:

Post-apocalyptic battleroyal clearly fits WW2 naval game perfectly.

Spreadsheet said so

:Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 4

Players
1,611 posts
18,129 battles

Well it's a fast paced game mode without CV's so it's not all bad, it may not be something I was hoping for. However it's certainly going to be good for just jumping in and having a bit of fun, when I get tired of randoms. 

The only thing I have found though after trying it on PTS is that it does get boring fast. 

Players
1,611 posts
18,129 battles
14 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

What is battleroyal

It means the game objective is to be last man standing, essentially there are no objectives, and the map is constantly shrinking, so your forced to fight and there are no points etc so the only way to win is to be the last man (or team) alive. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,237 posts
24,070 battles

New sprint rank is t7 so no cvs there either :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,909 battles
26 minutes ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Is this battle royale mode an event or part of the upcoming Tier VII ranked sprint?

It is not related to ranked sprint.

Wasn't Arms Race already kind of a step towards a battle royale mode?

• Cool 1

[PVE-D]
Players
265 posts
8,879 battles

Hey guys, calm down. Now that the port client is stable and running smoothly, bot-CVs have been fixed and all the missing operations have been brought back, they surely have enough resources to spare for this fun mode for their target audience! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,663 battles
2 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

If only they could somehow hire multiple people to work on different things at the same time.

If only they could hire these people to do one task properly, rather than do three tasks poorly, and end up scraping one, rushing two, and end up just scratching one of those because it turns out not to fit the game anyway.

*cough, CV rework*

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,533 battles
9 hours ago, Munchboii said:

That's simple enough to answer. WoWs is a long term multiplayer online arena game. If they frontload all their content, players will get bored and quit. If they dripfeed anticipated content however, they will prolong the amount of time the game will remain sustainable.

[VH]
Players
165 posts
14,725 battles

i watched the vid and actually thought it was fun especially as it was dd only and no cv is always going to be fun for me as i primarily place dd anyway

Players
397 posts
3,834 battles

I watched JIngles' video on it, and I agree it looks like a lot of fun. It might be a bit fast paced for my glacial reactions and laughable situational awareness, but I'll give it a few tries at least..

Dear Mister WG, after that's done, can we have Battle Normale, with no CVs or radar - just gunnery ? That would be even more welcome. :Smile_Default:

[BHSFL]
Players
3,363 posts
13,020 battles

It must be all what those hating CV and submarines, or all relation to real war naval battles want......a simplified shooter game where they can just frag each other.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,772 posts
17,120 battles
48 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

a simplified shooter game where they can just frag each other.

And where they can have fun :Smile_hiding:

[GURKA]
Players
5,192 posts
10,373 battles
15 hours ago, Munchboii said:

You should know, they often do new modes and events. And while these events they often test stuff for the future. Halloween Submarine event -> That doesn't mean there will be a permanent Halloween events, but maybe Submarines some day.

With the Battle Royal they also test new consumables, thus maybe new consumables for the main mode. I appreciate the testing of new stuff.