You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

Divisions

50 comments in this topic

Players
3,315 posts
14,063 battles

I like playing solo, just sail about and do my own things. But you just can’t always carry half the potato players you get given. And that’s where divisions are great. It’s fun, there is teamwork and you have 1 or 2 players you know you can trust.

Who else loves having the ability to division and save some sanity and play with friends for a laugh :)

I mean it’s obviously “cheating” according to some derp potato’s but who cares about them anyway.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,580 posts
8,858 battles

I only play division as you know basicly :Smile_glasses:

Average players get worse, CVs are what they are, you cant play solo and be sane :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
5 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I like playing solo, just sail about and do my own things. But you just can’t always carry half the potato players you get given. And that’s where divisions are great. It’s fun, there is teamwork and you have 1 or 2 players you know you can trust.

Who else loves having the ability to division and save some sanity and play with friends for a laugh :)

I mean it’s obviously “cheating” according to some derp potato’s but who cares about them anyway.

Apparently divisions are rotten bullies, shame on you :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,600 posts
13,579 battles

I hardly div... only very occasionally. And even then, only if I get invited to. 

I don't really know why, I just like playing alone, and not just in WoWs. 

Clan Battles and Tourneys are a different story however, and achieving together there is a different kind of fun, and I enjoy that too...

I'm strange. :Smile_bajan2:

More news at 11

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I used to play solo until I found forumites to hang out with which eventually lead to the SCRUB clan. I was playing a LOT in divisions, learning from and alongside those players and I tell you it's the sole reason I stuck around for as long as I did because if I had to play solo without friends, I'd have uninstalled this game a long while ago. Playing solo can get downright depressing at times, with an unhealthy dose of "how do those people even function in real life" when you look at how daft some of them act (ingame or in chat).

Playing more solo recently mostly because it's faster to grind by oneself as we take turns selecting the tier in divisions, also people tend to grind the same ships upon a new line release and as derpy fun as it can be, a division made of the same ships is hardly ever a good synergy and I wouldn't trust random teammates being able to compensate (or trust WG's MM and/or spawning system to even allow us the luxury of playing together ....).

Also, not gonna lie: the trashtalk and slew of gaudy jokes on our TS3/Discord is something I wouldn't want to miss and nothing provides for better banter than sh*ttakling one's own division mates.

• Cool 4

Players
316 posts
10,348 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

We know "who" you mean :cap_like:

• Funny 2

Players
3,227 posts
12 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I only play division as you know basicly :Smile_glasses:

Average players get worse, CVs are what they are, you cant play solo and be sane :cap_haloween:

Ah so that is where I go wrong, I definitely need more forumites to division up with as my clan mates are either not interested or elsewhere, so enforced insanity is that game right now, lol

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,794 posts
19,513 battles

Solo most of the time.

Because the yield of salt and tears becomes much greater when farming as a solo CV.

2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

you cant play solo and be sane :cap_haloween:

Do it like me and maintain your sanity via sheer hatred for the average playerbase.

• Funny 6

[XTREM]
Players
3,671 posts
10,897 battles
Vor 1 Minute, El2aZeR sagte:

Do it like me and maintain your sanity via sheer hatred for the average playerbase.

Teach me the ways of hate senpai.

So far people called me weird and dangerously optimistic in chat.

I think i'm doing it wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[-TPF-]
Players
3,839 posts
15,851 battles

Other people might look at the MM at the start of a game to see how good people are.... I tend to look at it to see what Divisions are on my team, and whether those Divisions are from the same clan. Then I can predict how they're going to behave. I'm sure none of the good people on this forum end up in a clump at J10 ten minutes into a battle or follow each other around irrespective of the game situation and then claim they were carrying everyone else, but, boy there are a lot of people who do....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,527 posts
6,013 battles
7 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Work in retail, that'll do it.

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,626 battles
10 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

I hardly div... only very occasionally. And even then, only if I get invited to. 

I don't really know why, I just like playing alone, and not just in WoWs. 

Clan Battles and Tourneys are a different story however, and achieving together there is a different kind of fun, and I enjoy that too...

I'm strange. :Smile_bajan2:

More news at 11

Oh man you need a man hug.  

There is no way I would be playing this game now solo.  Div's and the Clan is the only reason.

Playing solo is just an exercise in frustration. 

My normal routine is:

1) Log on to comms and the game.

2) Peruse our Discord to watch up-to-date WOWS stuff and funny vids from Clan members

3) See if anyone needs help in the "needs help, advice" channel

4) See if anyone needs help grinding in their respective channels

5) Go into the countdown room and do countdowns with everyone else who normally hangs out there (countdowns are popular in our clan, it's a laugh and bants) 

Only times i play solo games is when getting to rank 10, which this season was easy with no losses.

I would have no get-go if i just clicked random battles.  With the old CV's maybe because it was RTS which is naturally more of a solo thing and I always thought it was a game within a game.

People who call it cheating are just thick :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,870 posts
11,572 battles

I think probably about 90-95% of my games are solo. Not that im anti social or anything, I really enjoy playing division the few times I done it, its more lika a small hassel when you are half dead coming home from work and just need some relaxation to fire up TeamSpeak and find someone on the clan channels. Sometimes you just want to emerge into the game and dont have to be social. Also a bit hard when you have a lot of grown up responsebilities like doing laundry, cooking dinner for the kids, help them with homework, get some quality time with the wife etc etc.

But think I gonna get Ranked Sprint a try, feels nice with those 2 man divisions.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,478 posts

As the song goes "Gods or demons, animals or men, it makes no difference when i go beserk"

If enemies are so fearfull they must hide behind buddies so be it, but it won't save them.

In a CV you can even kill all their non-division teammates so your team focusses on them when they are left alive by their divisioning.....peal away their teammate shield so eventually they can be killed. Such an indirect kill is less satisfying, but if that is what it takes....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,976 battles
12 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Divisions

5. Don’t discuss illegal/forbidden activities

Discussion of any illegal activity will result in the removal of the post and harsh punishments from the moderation team. Posts about illegal activity will also be escalated to the proper authorities.

Avoid:

• Posting cheats, hacks, Trojan horses or Malicious Programs

• Funny 7

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

As the song goes "Gods or demons, animals or men, it makes no difference when i go beserk"

If enemies are so fearfull they must hide behind buddies so be it, but it won't save them. In a CV you can even kill all their non-division teammates so your team focusses on them when they are left alive.....indirect kill, i do not mind.

Careful, if you get any more full of yourself you'll burst.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,478 posts
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Careful, if you get any more full of yourself you'll burst.

I am completly confident i can defeat "super unicums" on their own or "super unicum" divisions....not because i am that good....just because artificially boosted stats fool only....ermm...i don't want a ban lol.

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Oh, we can tell you're confident. That doesn't make you good enough to back up your bluster with results though. The fact you keep on your recent crusade against artificially boosted stats only shows that you're bitter at people being able to consistently get better results than you coupled with the fact those very same people who're better at the game have been telling you for quite some time now that you're wrong. And rather than accept that you're not the be all, end all you've elected to not only ignore the facts, but lambast them as fake to make yourself feel better.

There's always people that are better at something than you are. There will always be people that are considerably better at something. Your failure in being able to acknowledge that simple fact of life is honestly just sad.

• Cool 4

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,976 battles
34 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I am completly confident i can defeat "super unicums" on their own or "super unicum" divisions....not because i am that good....just because artificially boosted stats fool only....ermm...i don't want a ban lol.

How do you increase your PR by playing in divisions?

[BHSFL]
Players
3,478 posts
33 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Oh, we can tell you're confident. That doesn't make you good enough to back up your bluster with results though. The fact you keep on your recent crusade against artificially boosted stats only shows that you're bitter at people being able to consistently get better results than you coupled with the fact those very same people who're better at the game have been telling you for quite some time now that you're wrong. And rather than accept that you're not the be all, end all you've elected to not only ignore the facts, but lambast them as fake to make yourself feel better.

There's always people that are better at something than you are. There will always be people that are considerably better at something. Your failure in being able to acknowledge that simple fact of life is honestly just sad.

Words are cheap.....i wonder why i never see those artificially boosted ( or even fake ! )  stats guys in game.

I have seen only a few forummembers in game over months of playing. And with one exception the quite enjoyable  and pleaseant forum members/players.

• Boring 2

Players
3,315 posts
14,063 battles
10 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Words are cheap.....i wonder why i never see those artificially boosted ( or even fake ! )  stats guys in game.

I have seen only a few forummembers in game over months of playing. And with one exception the quite enjoyable  and pleaseant forum members/players.

91E0D10E-D487-498D-B12D-33B1641B8D71.gif.eb82f8e9d7f17f731a7104f2bf2145b6.gif

• Funny 2

[HOO]
Players
1,887 posts
3,707 battles
13 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Not only is div'ing fun, you at least know what 1 or 2 of your team mates are doing, and you can coordinate your activity.

• Cool 1