You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cvs_Need_Buff

Montana buff when?

85 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
8,038 battles

In the actual meta Montana is a really bad BB, every "comtier" BB have something better, the only remaining thing  that montana has better are the gun accuracy, but in the most of the cases it just results in some shatter and overpens, i think will be good to give her super heavy shells then a special ricochet angle, maybe the same as stalingrad 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11
  • Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles

On what experience do you base this assumption?

Anyway that aside, i dont think so. What does GK have in comparision? Guns are worse, huge, supposed to get close in this meta is mostly bad idea. Monty atleast can get away with not going close.

Improved pen angles on a BB will crap on Cruisers - we dont need any more of this. If a ship shatters a lot, giving it better pen angles will result in even more shatters, as its lacking penetration. But in that case, the armor will be even thicker...

Weekend Tester
281 posts

Compared to the Ungerman abomination called Currywurst the Monty is fine she is rather tanky has very good accurate guns and a lot of them too, infact i would still rate her among the most powerfull BBs after the Repu and Gremlin

and the thing with the Overpens and shatters well thats standard BB rng all BB suffer from it especially the BBs with guns larger then 406mm, yeah its not fun firing at a Mino 10 km away and shoot 9 overpen in the Citadel but that happens that is how the AP mechanics are build

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles
25 minutes ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

i think will be good to give her super heavy shells then a special ricochet angle, maybe the same as stalingrad 

If you knew the ship, you would already know that she already has this.

• Cool 1

Players
17 posts
8,038 battles
37 minuti fa, dasCKD ha scritto:

If you knew the ship, you would already know that she already has this.

unfortunally she don't, or i wasn't going to start this discussion

Players
17 posts
8,038 battles
49 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

On what experience do you base this assumption?

i felt better with kurfust, she has really better armor and with all these HE spammers around i think it's a good choice,and about the worst dispersion i use more often HE shells on kurfust because they have also the 1/4 base HE shells pen, it looks like stupid but it works, montana has good manoeuvrability but poor armor and good aa, so why don't play republique instead, she is completely better option

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
41 minutes ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

i felt better with kurfust, she has really better armor and with all these HE spammers around i think it's a good choice,and about the worst dispersion i use more often HE shells on kurfust because they have also the 1/4 base HE shells pen, it looks like stupid but it works, montana has good manoeuvrability but poor armor and good aa, so why don't play republique instead, she is completely better option 

Repu has "worse" armor, atleast looking at plating (not citadel). Every Cruiser can farm a Repu easily, while Montana is mostly immune midsection to HE shells, except german CA and Henri. And ofc Yamato/musashi bounce too on Montanas midsection, while 32mm is free pen everywhere.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles

Improved ricochet angles on high tier battleships?

No, thanks!

Spoiler

artworks-000061139952-7gmc1k-t500x500.jpg.ffb0a59641dbd9e5736c374b27713826.jpg

1 hour ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

i use more often HE shells on kurfust because they have also the 1/4 base HE shells pen

With that calibre 1/4 or 1/6 doesn't make a change.

So there's no need for improving Montana's AP, just spam HE in it, too.

I'm not saying it's good, but if you potato in your Großer Kurfürst, you can also potato in your Montana. On your other account. Where you probably have them.

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
5 hours ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

Then I suggest to look up her shell stats and compare them with other 406mm shells and historical documentation.

You will  be surprised....

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,810 battles

lol, apart from the new abomination that has been introduced ( that will be nerfed, i hope in  a deck nerf from 60 to 50mm), montana is the most powerfull bb in the game, as it isn't free damage for enemy cruisers and yamato like the republique is

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles
11 hours ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

Of course she does. All american battleships get improved autobounce angles. They have had this for literally years. You can also go check the shell weights, the Americans already have heavier shells than any 406 mm gun design in the game.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles

i felt better with kurfust, she has really better armor and with all these HE spammers around i think it's a good choice,

Except the Kurfurst's armor, as compared to the Montana's armor, matters to exactly two ships: the Henri without IFHE and a Donskoi with IFHE. Every other ship either can't penetrate anything above 33 mm (most heavy cruisers + IFHE IJN 100 mm) or will penetrate everything up to 50 mm (KM cruisers + IFHE Henri + supercruiser HE + all tier X battleship HE). There is almost no relevant HE threshold that breaks 38 mm that won't break 50 mm. You are simply wrong here. The Kurfurst doesn't have better armor than the Montana at least when it comes to resisting long ranged HE.

and about the worst dispersion i use more often HE shells on kurfust because they have also the 1/4 base HE shells pen, it looks like stupid but it works,

:cap_fainting:"looks" stupid?

montana has good manoeuvrability but poor armor and good aa, so why don't play republique instead, she is completely better option

Montana does not have poor armor. The Conqueror has poor armor. The Republique has poor armor. The Montana's armor won't get overmatched by Yamato's shells. The Montana's armor won't get penetrated by usual 206 mm HE. People don't play the Republique because unlike the Montana, the Republique actually does have poor armor along with unreliable guns.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
4 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Of course she does. All american battleships get improved autobounce angles. They have had this for literally years. You can also go check the shell weights, the Americans already have heavier shells than any 406 mm gun design in the game.

No, only US CAs have improved pen angles

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration#Armor-Piercing

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
9 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Only battleships in the game with improved ricochet angles are the Hood and Duke of York. All other battleships in the game, including the US ones, have the standard ricochet angles.

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles
10 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Only battleships in the game with improved ricochet angles are the Hood and Duke of York. All other battleships in the game, including the US ones, have the standard ricochet angles.

12 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Fair enough, my mistake. My position still hasn't changed though. The Montana's gun is still among the best in the game. There is nothing in her performance which can justify buffing her.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
2 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Fair enough, my mistake. My position still hasn't changed though. The Montana's gun is still among the best in the game. There is nothing in her performance which can justify buffing her.

IF the Montana required a buff (which I don't think she needs), the guns are certainly the last thing that would need to be looked at.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
3 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Ofc i agree, Monty guns arent bad. Good accuracy with 12 guns. dont have monty, but since they just have to be better than GK guns, i know it must be good :Smile-_tongue:

[FLYD]
Players
1,371 posts
13,072 battles
12 hours ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

I don't need better armor when i outrange you. Puls the guns are very fine, you just to figure them out :)

Monty as it is , is a fine ship in my book.

Put her in a sold kiting position use all your 4 turrets to great effect, profit, her AA is decent, HP is decent, alpha strike is decent.

Couldn't think of a better ship to blap kurfürsts for 16k with pens on 23 km

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
13 hours ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

In the actual meta Montana is a really bad BB

The "actual meta" actually favours Montana way more than your beloved Großer Kurfürst.

But if your aim is bad, you'll probably hit more in GK.

• Cool 3

[FLYD]
Players
1,371 posts
13,072 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

How does the vaunted Conqueror fare when compared to a Monty, I have both, as well as the Republique, so just asking out of Interest.

Conquerer is strong as long as he is unfocused by the enemy team, the Long time for the heal to be ready makes it hard to sustain an engagement. Reublique is a differnt beast all together.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
13 hours ago, Cvs_Need_Buff said:

In the actual meta Montana is a really bad BB, every "comtier" BB have something better, the only remaining thing  that montana has better are the gun accuracy, but in the most of the cases it just results in some shatter and overpens, i think will be good to give her super heavy shells then a special ricochet angle, maybe the same as stalingrad 

You want even more buffs? Wasn't the lowered citadell enough?!? Think of poor Yamato (only BB with an easy hitable Citadell in the game for a LONG time) and Conqueror (got her citadell raised recently).

Montana can have buffs but only after her citadell sits where it should've stayed all along.

Players
3,220 posts
Just now, The_Reichtangle said:

Conquerer is strong as long as he is unfocused by the enemy team, the Long time for the heal to be ready makes it hard to sustain an engagement. Reublique is a differnt beast all together.

I gather the Republique is a hard one to play, of all my tier 10 ships, Monty and Conq and Atrocious are the only ones I feel confident abut playing I will try others but cruisers, well just cruisers.