Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miki12345

Is this how CVs are intended to be "balanced"?

463 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles

Just had a game where a lexington took away half of my health in the first 2 mintues of the game. And finished me off in 5 minutes.

In those 5 minutes of my miserable life i got a whopping amount of 2 plane kills.

125550408_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-19_45_56_83.png.7a96bbb4642f7543ae5e9f9b57f74ca7.png

 

Dear Wargayming, is this how you intended the CV balance to work? Here, have a replay even and tell that I should just dodge and blob up with my teammates and cry when a CV drops me thru 3 ships worth of AA and that this is not normal gameplay.

20190611_192912_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

 

If any1 has any idea how this is supposed to be counterplayed, let me know please. This is unnaceptable.

Kind regards, and I hope that all of you that asked for the CV rework go and step on some LEGOs.

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
17,371 posts
11,714 battles
15 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

If any1 has any idea how this is supposed to be counterplayed, let me know please. This is unnaceptable.

Kind regards, and I hope that all of you that asked for the CV rework go and step on some LEGOs.

Mistake list:

  • reacting too late
  • not using sector focus (25% AA power wasted)
  • not using Def AA on an Atlanta (100% AA power wasted) :fish_palm:
  • not looking for additional AA cover AFTER your were shot to pieces
  • the Kamikaze rush at the end and your ping parade did not help either, you were lucky you did not bite the dust then
  • when the second air attack came you used Def AA at around 2.5km, a bit late
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
6,677 posts
5,542 battles
21 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Just had a game where a lexington took away half of my health in the first 2 mintues of the game. And finished me off in 5 minutes.

In those 5 minutes of my miserable life i got a whopping amount of 2 plane kills.

125550408_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-19_45_56_83.png.7a96bbb4642f7543ae5e9f9b57f74ca7.png

 

Dear Wargayming, is this how you intended the CV balance to work? Here, have a replay even and tell that I should just dodge and blob up with my teammates and cry when a CV drops me thru 3 ships worth of AA and that this is not normal gameplay.

20190611_192912_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

 

If any1 has any idea how this is supposed to be counterplayed, let me know please. This is unnaceptable.

Kind regards, and I hope that all of you that asked for the CV rework go and step on some LEGOs.

 

Boooooooooooooo !!!!

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Mistake list:

  • reacting too late
  • not using sector focus (25% AA power wasted)
  • not using Def AA on an Atlanta (100% AA power wasted) :fish_palm:
  • not looking for additional AA cover AFTER your were shot to pieces
  • the Kamikaze rush at the end and your ping parade did not help either, you were lucky you did not bite the dust then
  • when the second air attack came you used Def AA at around 2.5km, a bit late

The first 3 points would have made no difference, tried and tested multiple times.

 

The kamikaze rush was me giving up and that is not the point of this. Please tell me do you like getting rocket striked for half of your hp?

I played my atlanta enough to know how it plays before and after the rework.

 

The cv would have made at least 2 strikes even with sector and def aa.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
17,371 posts
11,714 battles
1 minute ago, Miki12345 said:

The first 3 points would have made no difference, tried and tested multiple times.

 

The kamikaze rush was me giving up and that is not the point of this. Please tell me do you like getting rocket striked for half of your hp?

I played my atlanta enough to know how it plays before and after the rework.

 

The cv would have made at least 2 strikes even with sector and def aa.

If you know that, why do you not look for AA support?

If you know that sector focus and def AA will negate one attack run, why did you not do that?

 

Sounds like giving up.

 

And no, my ships, even my DD, usually do not get rocket striked for half their HP. It can happen, when I am not careful, but usually I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,141 battles

I have no wish to anger you Miki, but such ships only perfom with all AA skills and all AA modules and then setting the AA zone correctly all the time.

 

You get a stock value ship, skills and modules are there for you to increase the potential of the ship towards tasks you feel are important......you can make it  DD killer too.....or an island spammer. But it can only do 1 thing exceptionally well, not all.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If you know that, why do you not look for AA support?

If you know that sector focus and def AA will negate one attack run, why did you not do that?

 

Sounds like giving up.

 

And no, my ships, even my DD, usually do not get rocket striked for half their HP. It can happen, when I am not careful, but usually I am.

look for air support? when spawning middle with only 1 ship near me?

1 run is a maybe and if it did negate that one im down by 35% of my hp not 50% yipee what a difference.

 

It is giving up after playing so many games and enjoying the game and not anymore.

 

Dds are a smaller target and therefore harder to hit but you can still devestate them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles

how much dmg should have the CV done to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
258 posts
4,381 battles

you isolated yourself in open water and hoarded your dfaa.

that was self inflicted.

 

why mount premium dfaa and not use it until you are already nearly dead?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
9 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

how much dmg should have the CV done to you?

An acceptable amount would be 20% maximum if he even gets a chamce to drop me. 

8 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

you isolated yourself in open water and hoarded your dfaa.

that was self inflicted.

Like said be4 i spawned there, where should i go? I cannot go 200kts like the planes can. 

Dfaa wouldnt have made a difference 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UAC]
Players
59 posts
1 hour ago, Miki12345 said:

Just had a game where a lexington took away half of my health in the first 2 mintues of the game. And finished me off in 5 minutes.

In those 5 minutes of my miserable life i got a whopping amount of 2 plane kills.

125550408_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-19_45_56_83.png.7a96bbb4642f7543ae5e9f9b57f74ca7.png

 

Dear Wargayming, is this how you intended the CV balance to work? Here, have a replay even and tell that I should just dodge and blob up with my teammates and cry when a CV drops me thru 3 ships worth of AA and that this is not normal gameplay.

20190611_192912_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

 

If any1 has any idea how this is supposed to be counterplayed, let me know please. This is unnaceptable.

Kind regards, and I hope that all of you that asked for the CV rework go and step on some LEGOs.

First of all, there's no need for insults......

Second, there's this thing called team play, you know, where BBs provide big guns, cruisers AA and DDs concealment and torpedo strike.

Third, have you ever heard of smoke screen? Try it, you might like it.

 

CVs not only are not OP in this game, but I dare to say are actually the most underpowered ship class right now in the game and will get worse after update 0.8.5

More often than not, CV get into battles where they face 2 tier higher ships and can't do jacksh** to anyone. These rare occasions where you get to actually contribute to victory are a break for a CV player.

Also, I find it more annoying when a DD smokes up and unleashes wall of skill towards me and I cannot do anything. That is imo bigger bull than any CV.

 

I constantly see DDs torping their enemies (especially BBs) with a wall of torpedoes and I don't see anyone complain on the forum about that, so how about you quit your whining and next time stick with someone with better AA to protect you.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
334 posts
13,806 battles

to me it seems that op is not original owner of that account and wg should check this out.

with these stats you should not ask so stupid questions or not be able to survive lex with atlanta bit longer

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
2 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

 

Second, there's this thing called team play, you know, where BBs provide big guns, cruisers AA and dds concealment and torpedo strike.

Third, have you ever heard of smoke screen? Try it, you might like it.

Im sure youre trying your best but after 7k games im safe to say that i understand the core of the game. 

 

 

You do know that atlanta doesnt have smoke? And asking a team8 to waste a smoke for me that early is selfish and detremental to him. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
2 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

to me it seems that op is not original owner of that account and wg should check this out.

with these stats you should not ask so stupid questions or not be able to survive lex with atlanta bit longer

I didnt sell my account dont worry you can go and check the games i played today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UAC]
Players
59 posts
1 minute ago, Miki12345 said:

Im sure youre trying your best but after 7k games im safe to say that i understand the core of the game. 

 

 

You do know that atlanta doesnt have smoke? And asking a team8 to waste a smoke for me that early is selfish and detremental to him. 

You know what's also detrimental to any team? Losing an allied ship.......

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
1,925 posts
336 battles
1 hour ago, Miki12345 said:

Just had a game where a lexington took away half of my health in the first 2 mintues of the game. And finished me off in 5 minutes.

In those 5 minutes of my miserable life i got a whopping amount of 2 plane kills.

125550408_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-19_45_56_83.png.7a96bbb4642f7543ae5e9f9b57f74ca7.png

 

Dear Wargayming, is this how you intended the CV balance to work? Here, have a replay even and tell that I should just dodge and blob up with my teammates and cry when a CV drops me thru 3 ships worth of AA and that this is not normal gameplay.

20190611_192912_PASC006-Atlanta-1942_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

 

If any1 has any idea how this is supposed to be counterplayed, let me know please. This is unnaceptable.

Kind regards, and I hope that all of you that asked for the CV rework go and step on some LEGOs.

clear LTP issue

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
720 battles
43 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I have no wish to anger you Miki, but such ships only perfom with all AA skills and all AA modules and then setting the AA zone correctly all the time.

 

You get a stock value ship, skills and modules are there for you to increase the potential of the ship towards tasks you feel are important......you can make it  DD killer too.....or an island spammer. But it can only do 1 thing exceptionally well, not all.

Excellent point. But I wonder how many cruiser-players out there startet leveling their cruisers to become floating AA-platforms. I know I didn´t, and I would rather drop playing cruisers than being forced into that unrewarding role.

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WWGU]
Players
481 posts
8,277 battles
19 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

An acceptable amount would be 20% maximum if he even gets a chamce to drop me. 

Just out of interest, what would you say was the acceptable first salvo from say a Baltimore? Being a t8 cruiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
1 minute ago, Cambera_1 said:

Just out of interest, what would you say was the acceptable first salvo from say a Baltimore? Being a t8 cruiser. 

What do you mean by that? I dont fully understand the question. Do you mean first salvo on me?

 

I know that a baltimore can 1 shot me with AP in certain situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WWGU]
Players
481 posts
8,277 battles
4 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

What do you mean by that? I dont fully understand the question. Do you mean first salvo on me?

 

I know that a baltimore can 1 shot me with AP in certain situations.

So why is the Baltimore allowed to 1shot you, but a Lexington is only allowed to do 20% and more is "unacceptable'? 

Balance? 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
334 posts
13,806 battles
6 minutes ago, Nassenoeff said:

Excellent point. But I wonder how many cruiser-players out there startet leveling their cruisers to become floating AA-platforms. I know I didn´t, and I would rather drop playing cruisers than being forced into that unrewarding role.

lets be honest here - with your 700 battles you dont know much. there is just one main role for atlanta - shoot down planes, it is aa platform and if you are using it for fishing then you are going to fail. most of us cruiser are speced to aa. most of my ships are speced to aa, or havent you noticed cv's in battles.

ffs dude, gather some experience before making such bold statements.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,685 posts
8,648 battles
32 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

An acceptable amount would be 20% maximum if he even gets a chamce to drop me. 

A tier 8 CV striking a tier 7 CL that isn't even trying for just 5.5k. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
334 posts
13,806 battles
22 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

I didnt sell my account dont worry you can go and check the games i played today. 

i think you bought it. the crap you post here cannot be written by person who have made these stats. i urge wg to check op's account.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
92 posts
9,151 battles
3 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

So why is the Baltimore allowed to 1shot you, but a Lexington is only allowed to do 20% and more is "unacceptable'? 

Balance? 

Because I can counter that baltimore by careful positioning and dodging, a cv on the other hand has freebies on me.

 

3 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

lets be honest here - with your 700 battles you dont know much. there is just one main role for atlanta - shoot down planes, it is aa platform and if you are using it for fishing then you are going to fail. most of us cruiser are speced to aa. most of my ships are speced to aa, or havent you noticed cv's in battles.

ffs dude, gather some experience before making such bold statements.

522656340_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-21_28_57_89.thumb.png.09b2ce4ea9e16ebd7b15d22444ce6c56.png

This is not enough experience? ok then...

 

"i think you bought it. the crap you post here cannot be written by person who have made these stats. i urge wg to check op's account."

Why dont you go and ask my div m8 from the battle? Since you want my account banned so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
334 posts
13,806 battles
Just now, Miki12345 said:

Because I can counter that baltimore by careful positioning and dodging, a cv on the other hand has freebies on me.

 

522656340_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-21_28_57_89.thumb.png.09b2ce4ea9e16ebd7b15d22444ce6c56.png4

This is not enough experience? ok the...

why do you think that this was to you? or cant you see to whom it was written?

what my response to you was that with suck experience in atlanta one cannot make such stupid post - what means that this is not your account

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×