Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saltface

Harugumo vs Khabarovsk

21 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles

Hello All,

two reasons for starting this thread.

First, I am dead bored with CV related rant threads. Not because I love CVs per se, but come on now, there must be another topic; Second, I have the Khabarovsk, I don't have the Harugumo. And I am thinking to invest on it. (let me tell you a secret, I ll get it either way but lets pretend I am thinking about it)

So, advice, set-ups, commander skills, play-style info and all related to the game-play of these two ships will be greatly appreciated and I will be eternally grateful to you (well, don't count on it but it is nice to say so).

Looking forward to your answers

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,158 posts

Oh, man. I don't like either of those much and I have them both. The Shimakaze is my preferred weapon, I also have the Grozovoi but the captain is not fully trained. I think the Khabarovsk would probably work better in a game with more 'real' DD's that she could give support to. Currently I feel she is just an uptiered but inferior Tashkent.

• Cool 2

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,922 battles

The Khaba is great!

She has a bit of a unique playstyle though. As in .... you dont do any of the regular DD things.

You take the heal instead of the smoke. You take AFT instead of concealment expert .... you're going to be shooting 80% of the game anyway ... so screw hiding.

Forget about caps at the start of the game. Just go pew pew at the first thing you spot (preferably a big BB ... be a bit carefull of Zoa's and ohter laser gun cruisers)

Use your speed to not get hit (half rudder one way ... then half rudder the other way.... to zig zag a bit)

If you spot an enemy DD with little support you can rush him with your 45 knots top speeds and hunt the little bugger down.

Or you can harass BB's from max range and rack up that potential damage :) 

Just never stop moving. Keep an eye on the minimap so you don't overcommit on a flank (you'll need to get used to how fast you can run out of friends in that thing :) )

Use speed boost often, but tactically.

Oh and you want the increased speedboost duration module.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

For me, no question asked, harugumo is better ship. by better i mean more effective in and more beneficial towards win.

Those 2 ships, even both are dakadaka have totally different play style. 

• Cool 1

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
154 posts
16,191 battles

Khaba is great in terms of solo play. It has amazing speed and good guns to be very annoying on a flank. But since you already own that ship I don't have to be Captain Obvious.

The Haru is different in terms of engagement. Yes it has amazing torps (plus that reload booster for when feeling very aggressive at the start of the match for contesting caps) and great dpm with its five turrets. However, and here comes the big flaws (imo):

- it is fat. i mean really fat in terms of handeling. and I suggest you take the acceleration mod (i know contradiction) for getting up to speed fast for when you are being focussed.

- it relies on spotting done by teammates, because of smoke.

- Mandatory to have IFHE. Khaba is a bit more versatile in terms of skills.

- Doesn't have heal. And it eats BB AP, but Khaba eats that too.

On the plus side; Haru does have quite decent AA. 

• Cool 1

[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

with both u cant cap in early game.

Khaba is what they say; a light cruiser to hit everything u dare.

Haru has more options to play as a DD; smoke, torps. Dont ever stay in smoke with something with torps around. if u stop u cant maneuver, is like MINO in that.

with friends to spot and cover u, it is easy to have 600 hits in 10min. a real killer.

but u r a DD and your team expect spoting and caping from u... if u can play together with a SHIMA is a great pair.

I am a lonely wolf so I play Haru only in coop. saves me from many angry co-players...

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
271 posts
12,253 battles

Harugumo is borderline OP ship especially in the right hands. It plays more like a light cruiser than a destroyer. Personally, like the ship but it is quite challenging to play because it has a god awful turning circle, a bit sluggish for a dd and it EATS bb pens and damage in general.

Best way to play it like an island hugger or a dd support ship sailing a few kilometres behind a friendly dd. Exchanging gun figths with dds will be a piece of cake but dd hunting will be a problem since dodging torps is very hard.

That said you can always play it like a torp dd and smoke he spammer.(read damage farmer:cap_rambo:)

There are multiple builds, from range spec(range upgrade or aft) to ultimate dakka. It is up to you to choose what you like.

You can go F3s but they are not optimal.

If youre grinding the line the Kitakaze will be you absolute favorite, easily can be a t10 ship imho.

Lastly, aa is pretty gud since you have an aa trap and lots of flak.

Have fun!

1618548255_DesktopScreenshot2019_06.11-18_03_08_20.thumb.png.ab6f01441ceb51779810df4abaf8da3f.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.11 - 18.03.16.76.png

• Cool 3

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
154 posts
16,191 battles

Oh I forgot to add that the Kita is actually better than the Haru (similar as Fletcher is to Gearing, Jutland is to Daring)

• Cool 3

Players
11 posts

Harugumo vs Khabarovsk    Well harugumo is the better of them kahaba has torps that cant be used and if you dont take smoke CV´s be on you till you die and the Rockets Hit hard. take the Harugumo and take the Taskent its better then kahaba in every way. another WG failure

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
4,014 posts
On 6/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, Hummus said:

The Khaba is great!

She has a bit of a unique playstyle though. As in .... you dont do any of the regular DD things.

You take the heal instead of the smoke. You take AFT instead of concealment expert .... you're going to be shooting 80% of the game anyway ... so screw hiding.

Forget about caps at the start of the game. Just go pew pew at the first thing you spot (preferably a big BB ... be a bit carefull of Zoa's and ohter laser gun cruisers)

Use your speed to not get hit (half rudder one way ... then half rudder the other way.... to zig zag a bit)

If you spot an enemy DD with little support you can rush him with your 45 knots top speeds and hunt the little bugger down.

Or you can harass BB's from max range and rack up that potential damage :) 

Just never stop moving. Keep an eye on the minimap so you don't overcommit on a flank (you'll need to get used to how fast you can run out of friends in that thing :) )

Use speed boost often, but tactically.

Oh and you want the increased speedboost duration module.

And then some BB blaps you with AP to 10% HP and the puny Shima you were wrecking finishes you off :D

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,634 posts
16,262 battles

My take on thise two:

Khaba: open water gunboating all day long, collecting massive potential damage numbers, mostly near max range of  its guns

Haru: smoke/island gunboating (open water is possible under the right circumstances), a lot more squichy than Khaba, mostly short to mid range 

• Cool 2

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
154 posts
16,191 battles
17 hours ago, R3tacx_The_Salty said:

Harugumo vs Khabarovsk    Well harugumo is the better of them kahaba has torps that cant be used and if you dont take smoke CV´s be on you till you die and the Rockets Hit hard. take the Harugumo and take the Taskent its better then kahaba in every way. another WG failure

you are not being serious, are you?

• Cool 2

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
154 posts
16,191 battles
13 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

EM not AR, kinda questionable:cap_rambo:

always take AR. and take PM for the love of god. 

IFHE on the khaba is actually not really necessary. Imo a waste of 4 points. SI is more useful, more heal means longer survival.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,749 posts
10,205 battles

Khaba makes you feel like invincible! until the time a lucky BB salvo hits you..

Haru just makes you giggle :)

you giggle as you fire... it starts low.. then turns into an uproar of maniac laughter! :)

Beta Tester
1,869 posts
11,525 battles
On 6/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Saltface said:

Hello All,

two reasons for starting this thread.

First, I am dead bored with CV related rant threads. Not because I love CVs per se, but come on now, there must be another topic; Second, I have the Khabarovsk, I don't have the Harugumo. And I am thinking to invest on it. (let me tell you a secret, I ll get it either way but lets pretend I am thinking about it)

So, advice, set-ups, commander skills, play-style info and all related to the game-play of these two ships will be greatly appreciated and I will be eternally grateful to you (well, don't count on it but it is nice to say so).

Looking forward to your answers

Regards

Saltface

My Harugumo build.

Khaba

• Cool 2

Players
11 posts
On 6/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, LeSnoet said:

you are not being serious, are you?

Im dyslexic so sorry for the errors.

I am serious. The Haragumo guns has a better rate of fire and it has longer range torps and better concealment, than the Khaba. The Tashkent has longer gun range and longer torps range and better concealment and same rate of fire and only slightly worse AA. And ofc  Grozovoi is superior to Khaba in every single way and it has Smoke/Heal/Speed boost/defensive AA. The khaba needs an upgrade like heal and smoke and not a choice between the two and a longer gun range like the Tashkent. And when the French DD line arrives the Russian DD gun boats can kiss their behind goodbye. same rate of fire and better speed. so much for balancing the lines.  Hell the Tashkent could use Smoke and heal the way the game is now. CV´s are a pain they will take a Third of your HP in the start of the game, or if you get bold enough to go attacking anything without support and then they will come back and do it again and again and again and then your dead. A CV that knows what they are doing will kill your in 3 or 4 strikes with rockets. Russian DD`s dont turn on a dime and with out smoke . life sucks vs CV´s.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,298 posts
24,191 battles

IMHO Khebab is better if you are mosty solo, hara if you play lot of divisions with a spotter

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,869 posts
11,525 battles

Id say, go with Harugumo. Khaba has been nerfed many times. Haru is still OP A-F. Haru has the best of two DD worlds. Best guns and best torps, also with reload booster and smoke.

Couple that with arcs you can sit like a Wooster behind islands with and half decent AA for a DD and Bob's your Oncle!

Just such a Bully!!

• Cool 1

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles

Harugumo is one of the few ships to have multiple viable builds. You can either use a regular DD build with IFHE for a competitive mode focused build, or drop CE for AFT and play it like a miniature light cruiser. The latter is an absolutely hilarious build that is easily in my top five most fun ships, and I would highly recommend running it for the fun factor alone. Some things to note:

- Capping alone isn't really viable with the gunboat setup because of the 6.9km detection range. However, you can still support "proper" destroyers as you would with a Russian gunboat, and your off-the-charts ridiculous DPM will make quick work of any DD.

- Your DPM along with your insane HE pen means you can be far more aggressive against enemy cruisers than normal. In fact, there are many cruisers which you can actually beat in a straight up gunfight at close range, and you should abuse this. You absolutely can just gun down low health cruisers with brute force alone, and should do so if you can afford the health loss. However, don't get overconfident because of this. You still only have 29k health with SE, and high DPM cruisers like the Minotaur will still cut you to ribbons.

- Harugumo cannot turn to save its life. The ship is massive for a destroyer, slow, takes massive AP damage, and has a worse turning circle than the Conquerer. You cannot just dodge shells like Khabarovsk, and must fight dirty to be able to make use of your guns. Railgun cruisers in particular will absolutely wreck you, and you should avoid trying to open water gunboat against them. Ships with low velocity guns however, are easy prey at long range, with sheer distance allowing you to imitate Khabarovsk.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this