Sign in to follow this  
__RJ__

Is the Stalingrad worth it?

14 comments in this topic

[R0GUE]
Players
73 posts
8,096 battles

I have managed to grind enough steel in the latest Ranked season to be able to get the Stalingrad and wondering if she is worth all the fuss?  In CB I either end up being the designated BB (Montana) driver or when not needed in that position its the Worcester or Moskva when in cruiser.  I prefer playing Worc over Moskva but my clan prefer the tankiness of the Moskva which I find just a bit 'boring' at times.  Will I notice much difference if I play the Moskva role with the Stalingrad instead?  We only have 1 Stali in our clan and he only recently got it so feedback from him is 'light' at the moment.

Another clan member has suggested the Borgogne instead because I run the Monty pretty well in CB so some doubt has crept in.  Your feedback is appreciated! :)

[-GG-]
Players
328 posts
18,640 battles

There aren't many ways to spend 30k steel wisely.

Neustrashny for +20k is a joke. It was launched like 2 months ago and I've seen it twice in battles.

Bourgogne ? Alsace is very good so "buffed" Alsace must be somehow good too. Though, tier X BBs are all very competitive and I don't think that Bourgogne stands out that much. 

Stalins - as I see them in game - usually do good but very often I feel like its quite because enemy doesn't know how to deal with it (meaning brainless BBs throwing AP instead of spamming bow-on Stalin with HE a bit, particulary if you're a Repu-like ship).

I had also a couple of one-vs-one in legendary Moskva against Stalingrad and there wasn't much difference at all to be honest.

What I would do - wait until WG reveals how new tier IX/X "premiums" will be sold. They have teased a sh..load of very-strong-looking ships, just to name Smolensk, Colbert, tier X USN DD (don't remeber the name). Most likely they will go for steel. Maybe it will be a better purchase ?

• Cool 1

[FLYD]
Players
1,350 posts
13,058 battles

Bourgonne has her place in competetive if you have the line up for it is really anoying as hell to get burned by that thing all the time.

Stalingrad is still hard to master but when mastered a great ship with very high damage potential against everything.

Is she worth it for random battles alone? i don't know they ship that would supposedly destroy the game doesn't appear so often in hightiers. Also Hakuryus will eat you in a Stalingrad.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles
2 hours ago, Vogelhund said:

How can Bourgonne be in competetive with  380mm guns ?

Any De Moines / Saleem laugh on you.

Have you ever eaten a lucky HE-salvo from a Monti or Burger/Alsace in a cruiser (let alone a DD) ?

Not enjoyable, trust me. (We're talking potentially >20k dmg) Let them pop a reload-booster and you're having all kinds of fun.

And if they get broadside you're toast regardless of caliber.

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles
6 hours ago, Vogelhund said:

Republique with legendary module nuke bourgonne.

I'd bet a pound to a penny that with equally skilled players the Burger wins the majority of 1-1 engagements just on the higher HE-power and reload-booster.

[BANCV]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
30 posts
17,858 battles
On 6/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Vogelhund said:

Republique with legendary module nuke bourgonne.

The module gives you two seconds more reload with an offset of dropping your range below that of nearly all T10 cruisers. Not really a worthwhile setup.

The rep is more accurate with better pen but the Bourgone is incredibly fun in random matches and by far the most potent of the BBs there. Excellent speed (with 20% speedboost), concealment and reload booster gives you all the tools you need for random matches to dominate quite a lot.

@OP: Stalingrad is a nice ship but relies on key positions and a little bit of teamplay (at least division) to consistently perform with it. If you are not experienced with that (Unicum level) I would actually recommend the Bourgonne (For me it's the most fun T10 that you can find)

[BGNAV]
Players
201 posts
8,552 battles

@OP

I can see that you have Moskva and that you probably are not enjoying it (judging by the amount of games you played in it and the overall stats). Stalingrad is essentially Moskva with bigger guns (slower reload and a bit worse dispersion but more alpha and better penetration angles on the AP shells). The gameplay is quite similar but Moskva is better DPM-wise (and vs DDs) while Stalingrad simply hits harder (and not as often). Think of your Moskva experience and decide based on that.

As for the Burger vs Repu - I would not even mention Repu's legendary. It is just not worth it. I would go with Bourgogne from those two, but I would still go for Stalingrad first when it comes to steel ships (personal preference). Also I see no correlation between the Burger and Republique, as the latter is a tech-tree ship (anyone can get it, doesn't cost steel).

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,973 posts
7,324 battles

Both Bourgogne and Stalingrad are very good choice IMO.

Stalingrad is all about those citadel you can get on broadside and badly angled targets. It was my choice personally and I quite like it. However I also somewhat regret not going for Bourgogne as this ship is pretty incredible in good hands.

Players
22 posts
2,185 battles

If you dont like the Moskva playstyle than stay away. It costs a lot of resourses so if you are not sure about the purchase its better to just save.

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
127 posts
4,857 battles

Yes, it's sutably OP, just like Smolensk and most of the other Russian ships.

Sign in to follow this