Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
piecerad

Steam in home streaming and WG Game Centre

3 comments in this topic

[STAFU]
Players
5 posts
18,812 battles

Hi all,

sorry if this has been brought up before but I couldn't see a forum topic on this. I am sure many of you are familiar with Steam in-home-streaming, where you use the steam client to steam games over a local network to another PC. I use this a lot in my house to stream to my laptop which is not powerful enough to game locally, and WOWs is one of my favorite games to play this way, as the relatively slow pace of the game makes the minor latency a non-issue.

However, steam streaming has never worked with the WG game centre, every time I have ever tried to boot it through in-home-streaming I get a black screen, and have yet to find a solution to this. Now this hasn't been a problem for me as I kept the old launcher which still worked to boot and stream the game remotely, that is until now when WG's game centre has absorbed WOWs (I had it installed for WOT, which I rarely play these days) automatically, and I can no longer play remotely.

Now, I might be able to resolve this by finally unistalling WOT, removing the Game Centre, and reinstalling WOWs with a copy of the old launcher I still have on a hard drive somewhere. However this is not only inconvenient, but unlikely to be a long term solution as I suspect WG has been pushing the Game Centre very hard the last year, and I suspect will stop supporting the old launcher altogether.

So, my questions are this;

- Does anyone else have my problem? Is anyone at WG aware of this?

- Does anyone know a way of getting Steam-in-home-streaming to work with WG game centre?

- Is anyone aware of a way to not use the WG game centre?

thank you for your time. 

edit: topic moved to appropriate section.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,518 battles
2 hours ago, piecerad said:

Hi all,

sorry if this has been brought up before but I couldn't see a forum topic on this. I am sure many of you are familiar with Steam in-home-streaming, where you use the steam client to steam games over a local network to another PC. I use this a lot in my house to stream to my laptop which is not powerful enough to game locally, and WOWs is one of my favorite games to play this way, as the relatively slow pace of the game makes the minor latency a non-issue.

However, steam streaming has never worked with the WG game centre, every time I have ever tried to boot it through in-home-streaming I get a black screen, and have yet to find a solution to this. Now this hasn't been a problem for me as I kept the old launcher which still worked to boot and stream the game remotely, that is until now when WG's game centre has absorbed WOWs (I had it installed for WOT, which I rarely play these days) automatically, and I can no longer play remotely.

Now, I might be able to resolve this by finally unistalling WOT, removing the Game Centre, and reinstalling WOWs with a copy of the old launcher I still have on a hard drive somewhere. However this is not only inconvenient, but unlikely to be a long term solution as I suspect WG has been pushing the Game Centre very hard the last year, and I suspect will stop supporting the old launcher altogether.

So, my questions are this;

- Does anyone else have my problem? Is anyone at WG aware of this?

- Does anyone know a way of getting Steam-in-home-streaming to work with WG game centre?

- Is anyone aware of a way to not use the WG game centre?

thank you for your time. 

edit: topic moved to appropriate section.

As this is not a feature that I think many players will use I doubt we can dedicate any resources to fixing the compatibility, but you should be able to get it to work with the following method:

1. Click "Games"
  2. Select "Add Non-Steam game to my library"
  3. Find the World of Warships installation folder and select the WorldofWarships.exe

This allowed me to launch the game directly from steam.

Sign in to follow this