You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hayashio

Recruiting Station Initiative - a Quick Look.

21 comments in this topic

[TSUN]
Community Contributor, Players, Beta Tester
364 posts
7,067 battles

rekstat.pngRecruiting Station Initiative

Hey everyone, today something a little different from the ship reviews. Upcoming is the new "Recruiting Station" system for World of Warships. I would like to give a quick run-down of what it is, how you can use it, and what kind of perks you and your friends can receive from it.
Note: If you have used the referral program beforehand, your refer-ees now become shipmates and will also collect bonuses.

The Recruiter and Shipmate Relationship
If you invite a player to join World of Warships, you become a Recruiter. The only other requirement to become a Recruiter is that you have at least 5 battles, and have been active during the last 3 months.

A person invited by a Recruiter is called a Shipmate. Now, from my understanding you can either recruit a completely new player, meaning that he has not got a registered WG account, or you can also recruit returning players, people who have less than 5 Battles and not played in the last 3 months. If these requirements are fulfilled, and they sign up through you, then you have successfully recruited a Shipmate!

How to set it up:

1. head over to https://friends.worldofwarships.eu/
  2. Sign in with your account.
  3. Click the "send invitation" button.
  4. Send it to a friend and have them sign up/in over the website

And you're done! You can navigate back to this website to check on both your Recruitment Points (RP) and your Shipmates!

RewardsSmall.png

Recruiters gain goodies and points for different things:

• 400 RP (recruitment points) for their first invite.
  • 1 Junior Recruiting Station container for the first 3 invites.

Furthermore, Recruiters will receive 10 RP for battles played by Shipmates:

• 10 RP for each battle, providing they have earned at least 150XP from tier I-V, and 300XP from tier V onward. These can be random, coop, ranked, etc.
  • 10 RP for each Recruiter with 1 Shipmate in a division, with a Victory bonus of 10 RP
  • 22 RP for each Recruiter that plays with 2 Shipmates in a division, with a Victory bonus of 12 RP

But it's not only the Recruiters that benefit, Shipmates also receive bonuses:

Initial invite rewards:

• A Diana Lima, together with Captain and Port Slot

Tier VI battle reward:

• Warspite + Port slot, 10pt captain
  • 7 days of premium time
  • 5m credits
  • 25 flags of ALL type (special included)
  • 5 "More Resources" containers

Shipmates will receive 5 RP for battles played with Recruiters:

• 5 RP for each Recruiter with their Shipmate in a division, with a Victory bonus of 5 RP

Returning Recruited players can earn following items for winning 25 battles:WG_SPB_WoWS_Infographic_Recruitment_BOX_Huge_1920x1080.jpg

• 14 days of premium time
  • 2 Super Containers

Together with the RP comes a new set of containers. Their contents range from credits, flags and doubloons over premium time and even premium ships. As always these can be viewed before you spend your RP.

Cashback

There's also a neat feature for Recruiters if their Shipmates decide to spend money on the Premium Shop. If you have at least 2 recruited Shipmates, you receive a doubloon kickback of 10% from any store purchase. Payout happens at the start of each month, and the time in between must be at least 30 days, so if your Shipmate purchases something on the 20th May, you will receive it in 2 months on the 1st July.

This new system should allow recruited players a better start in World of Warships, as well as promoting playing together. I personally like the system and look forward to see it in effect. If there are any questions I would be happy to answer these/forward them to be answered.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,345 posts
25,561 battles

Since i have grinded every line im ok-ish with game. But i dont hate anybody so much that i would invite them to grind lines from start in this game at its current state.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
3,778 posts
17,228 battles
11 hours ago, Profilus said:

Since i have grinded every line im ok-ish with game. But i dont hate anybody so much that i would invite them to grind lines from start in this game at its current state.

Basically this .. sadly :Smile_sad:

• Cool 2

Players
3,130 posts
10,561 battles

First signs chaps :cap_tea:

14 hours ago, Strefs said:

rekstat.png

This new system should allow recruited players a better start in World of Warships, as well as promoting playing together. 

Nothing about MAKING MONEY FOR WG. :Smile_facepalm:

Promoting playing together? Are you having a:

download.jpg

How about WG sorts the game out first regarding teamwork and go from there ay.... 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TSUN]
364 posts
7,067 battles
3 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Promoting playing together? Are you having a: 

Yes, as indicated from the added bonus of playing together with Shipmates.

Nothing about MAKING MONEY FOR WG. :Smile_facepalm: 

Unless you instigate your Shipmates to spend money to get a kickback, I don't see how that's the case. It's a free system with goodies for both parties. The missions for Shipmates allow them to have some extra bonuses when starting the game, and you as a Recruiter get something for inviting them to the game.

This system was introduced to get more people into World of Warships, that's the main point. And I know, that with new players comes new potential revenue. But can't we look at the benefits of such system instead of instantly dismissing it as a cash grab? Sure, that's what companies do, they offer services, and earn from it. Here, however, we have a system that gives perks to players that don't spend, as well as a section on players that do.

How about you sort the game out first regarding teamwork and go from there ay....  

I take it that was not aimed at me, considering that I don't work at WG. Yes, this is a problem, and I agree. Educating players by playing together with a more seasoned captain is, however, a step in the right direction. Although I do believe mechanics that reward proper team-play to be a better overall solution.

Beta Tester
713 posts
14 hours ago, Profilus said:

well, there are some pretty bad people in the world who deserve all the hate they can get 

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles
11 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

well, there are some pretty bad people in the world who deserve all the hate they can get 

If they are really bad, then they will become CV mains. And we don't need that.

• Funny 4

Beta Tester
713 posts
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

If they are really bad, then they will become CV mains. And we don't need that.

i dont mind if they suck at cv's

[TSUN]
364 posts
7,067 battles
5 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

i dont mind if they suck at cv's 

to be fair the bigger problem is that they drag an enemy CV into the match.

[TSUN]
364 posts
7,067 battles
12 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

What if your friends already play the game, can you invite them anyway?

yes. If they haven't played in 90 days.

• Cool 3

Players
3,130 posts
10,561 battles

We are not naive enough to think they are doing this for teamwork...Please tell me you/we are not that naive. 

A step in the right direction would be rewarding players already in the game helping fellow players out. If they truly wanted to change teamplay and help with this, that would be where they/I would start.  That and unscrewing the damage already done regarding teamplay and oh, proving guides to teamwork and why it is apparently important (or not as might be the case).

I mean I don't even know what teamplay is anymore in this game. The more you try to teamplay, the more trips back to the port. Never used to be like that, really didn't. 

Trying to sell this as teamplay is embarrassing and i am certainly not taking part in it. Makes me cringe. 

However....

If they would have stated their intentions honestly and backed up their meaning with past evidence, then I would have been more receptive and willing. But being fed this is, well, embarrassing. 

What a shame, really is.

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,577 battles
3 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

We are not naive enough to think they are doing this for teamwork...Please tell me you/we are not that naive. 

A step in the right direction would be rewarding players already in the game helping fellow players out. If they truly wanted to change teamplay and help with this, that would be where they/I would start.  That and unscrewing the damage already done regarding teamplay and oh, proving guides to teamwork and why it is apparently important (or not as might be the case).

I mean I don't even know what teamplay is anymore in this game. The more you try to teamplay, the more trips back to the port. Never used to be like that, really didn't. 

Trying to sell this as teamplay is embarrassing and i am certainly not taking part in it. Makes me cringe. 

However....

If they would have stated their intentions honestly and backed up their meaning with past evidence, then I would have been more receptive and willing. But being fed this is, well, embarrassing. 

What a shame, really is.

Would you change your tune if they offered steel as a reward for recruiting or would they still be havin a giraffe:cap_haloween:?

[TSUN]
364 posts
7,067 battles
4 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

However....

What a shame, really is.

Did you read my response? At no point did I say that this is to promote teamplay. In fact, I even stated that the main reason is to get more people into the game. That in and of itself is desirable for a F2P multiplayer game, because without new players, the game will eventually die.

I don't know why you made this about teamplay, because I certainly didn't. I mentioned playing together, as in playing together with new players, in divisions.

• Cool 1

Players
2,374 posts
15,262 battles

Asking people to join just to be bugged by their constant moaning how chat is not working and UI is not responding?

I think I might pass... :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
713 posts
5 hours ago, Strefs said:

to be fair the bigger problem is that they drag an enemy CV into the match.

to be fair i dont mind if they both suck

[TSUN]
364 posts
7,067 battles
1 hour ago, hellhound666 said:

to be fai i dont mind if they both suck

If you're in the right ship, yes. If you're stuck in a DD, or a ship with no AA, the chances of it going to strongly undermine your success is pretty high.

Beta Tester
713 posts
1 minute ago, Strefs said:

If you're in the right ship, yes. If you're stuck in a DD, or a ship with no AA, the chances of it going to strongly undermine your success is pretty high.

you are underestimating how eagerly they suck ... and btw they blow in same time, so ...

[CATS]
Players
26,115 posts
14,098 battles
10 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

How about WG sorts the game out first regarding teamwork and go from there ay....

I wonder how 3 man divisions get MUCH higher WR than solo players then :cap_yes:

• Bad 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
On 6/11/2019 at 5:07 PM, Skyllon said:

Asking people to join just to be bugged by their constant moaning how chat is not working and UI is not responding?

I think I might pass... :Smile_trollface:

Or how my friend asks me what I am waiting for while I wait for my ui to un-lockup so I can actually send our div into a battle...only to be greeted by yet another bottom tier game with at least 1 carrier.

And the occasional game where we are top tier without double carrier we often get a team of gluelickers which is impossible to carry when divving up with a friend who doesn't even have a 10pt captain yet.

Not to mention the Kamikazes or some of the other OP premiums (along with experienced players) kinda making the end results predetermined regardless of my efforts spend in the game.

I'm not bluffing when I say that he (the friend who reinstalled wows to div with me) was not liking the game too much.

There's just too many carriers and too many games where we end up in tier 8 battles with our tier 6 ships.

Lets just say that it did not give him a very good impression of the game.

• Cool 1