You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Voncarsteine

Guided missiles in WW2

16 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
2,204 battles

I thought guided missiles carried by planes were a thing of way after WW2? how come CV's just can't miss a moving DD with their missiles? Just takes 2 or 3 rounds to kill a DD in this game now. My solution: I just leave when I see double cv games now.

• Boring 5
  • Bad 4

[DREAD]
Players
9,561 posts
6,727 battles

Same issue as guided shells for Battleships. Did they exist?

Other than that: pointless CV-hater-whinethread.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Not pointless, WG can put a flag on his account and if they see a a number of disconnects/AFKs in games with CVs they can just ban his arse for griefing his teammates.

• Cool 6

Players
25 posts
2,204 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not pointless, WG can put a flag on his account and if they see a a number of disconnects/AFKs in games with CVs they can just ban his arse for griefing his teammates.

If that happens, that's fine by me actually. With these CV's ruining DD gameplay there isn't much to do anyway. We'll find out!

• Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,539 posts
13,659 battles
10 minutes ago, Voncarsteine said:

My solution: I just leave when I see double cv games now.

How I wish that players like you get permabanned :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
3,212 posts
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Shame they cannot ban the CV griefers, had one last night for a certain stat eliist clan, from no on I play mine to damage farm, nothing more, you cannot be civil in game then help you will not receive.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,472 battles
12 minutes ago, Voncarsteine said:

I thought guided missiles carried by planes were a thing of way after WW2?

Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

The US also developed there rockets and both of these are implemented into the game

Guide Missiles DID exist in WW2 - have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_X

Be thankful that these are not in the game.

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,560 battles
6 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

The US also developed there rockets and both of these are implemented into the game

Guide Missiles DID exist in WW2 - have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_X

Be thankful that these are not in the game.

Fritz X was not a guided missile it was a guided bomb, gravity powered. Guidance system was merely to maneuverer the falling bomb to its target via radio control.

Players
9,809 posts
11,484 battles
14 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Fritz X was not a guided missile it was a guided bomb, gravity powered. Guidance system was merely to maneuverer the falling bomb to its target via radio control.

Still, gud enough for mining finest salt this soil game can provide

• Funny 1

Players
6,754 posts
245 battles
45 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Shame they cannot ban the CV griefers, had one last night for a certain stat eliist clan, from no on I play mine to damage farm, nothing more, you cannot be civil in game then help you will not receive.

Yeah too be honest, cvs dont have much in the way of team ultility anyways, so damage farming and killing ships (besides the spotting providing during attack runs) is essentially the only team play you can commit too.

fighters are only really useful mid-late game or as mini destructable radar.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,363 posts
13,020 battles
23 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Fritz X sank the Roma and severely damaged Warspite.

Sinking the Roma this weapon should be in game.....were it not that is was carried by land based bombers. W8..we should have these too as many warships  were sunk by land based bombers. :Smile_hiding:

Land based bombers, just like submarines and sea mines are still missing from the game, compared to RL historic naval conflicts and battles in WWII. ( although in Operation Dynamo both land based bombers - Bf 110 and He 111  - and sea mines are present )

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

Had an Asashio today who tried to teamkill me because I wouldn't put fighters over his :etc_swear:ed head.

In the time he finally managed to get torps on me I killed an enemy DD and a cruiser. He ofc completely missed with the majority of them, I only took 2 hits out of the 16 he threw at me despite not moving at all.

"Griefing" is the way to win. If you try to "teamplay" you'll inevitably put yourself behind.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
2,045 posts
7,837 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

"Griefing" is the way to win. If you try to "teamplay" you'll inevitably put yourself behind.

Sure seems like it.

Its amazing how many still think carriers can do the same things they did with the RTS gameplay and demand them to hold their hands and nanny them.

This inability to observe what carriers can and can't do in game and learn from it is frankly shocking to me considering they let these people out of their houses into the public.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,821 posts
15,671 battles

Guided missiles? You'll be wanting one of these things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_293 , as used on at least one ship which is actually in the game. 

Alternatively, who needs an aircraft carrier at all? You could just use this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,106 battles

Nice disguise in title.

But, please carry your ideas and discussions about the CVs into the pinned CV discussion thread.