Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Voncarsteine

Guided missiles in WW2

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
25 posts
2,204 battles

I thought guided missiles carried by planes were a thing of way after WW2? how come CV's just can't miss a moving DD with their missiles? Just takes 2 or 3 rounds to kill a DD in this game now. My solution: I just leave when I see double cv games now.

  • Boring 5
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
12,135 posts
7,866 battles

Same issue as guided shells for Battleships. Did they exist?

 

Other than that: pointless CV-hater-whinethread.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Not pointless, WG can put a flag on his account and if they see a a number of disconnects/AFKs in games with CVs they can just ban his arse for griefing his teammates.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
25 posts
2,204 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not pointless, WG can put a flag on his account and if they see a a number of disconnects/AFKs in games with CVs they can just ban his arse for griefing his teammates.

If that happens, that's fine by me actually. With these CV's ruining DD gameplay there isn't much to do anyway. We'll find out!

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
9,021 posts
15,705 battles
10 minutes ago, Voncarsteine said:

My solution: I just leave when I see double cv games now.

 

How I wish that players like you get permabanned :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,750 posts
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not pointless, WG can put a flag on his account and if they see a a number of disconnects/AFKs in games with CVs they can just ban his arse for griefing his teammates.

Shame they cannot ban the CV griefers, had one last night for a certain stat eliist clan, from no on I play mine to damage farm, nothing more, you cannot be civil in game then help you will not receive.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,018 posts
23,895 battles
12 minutes ago, Voncarsteine said:

I thought guided missiles carried by planes were a thing of way after WW2?

Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

The US also developed there rockets and both of these are implemented into the game

 

Guide Missiles DID exist in WW2 - have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_X

Be thankful that these are not in the game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,071 posts
12,543 battles
6 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RP-3

The US also developed there rockets and both of these are implemented into the game

 

Guide Missiles DID exist in WW2 - have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_X

Be thankful that these are not in the game.

Fritz X was not a guided missile it was a guided bomb, gravity powered. Guidance system was merely to maneuverer the falling bomb to its target via radio control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
12,038 posts
13,217 battles
14 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Fritz X was not a guided missile it was a guided bomb, gravity powered. Guidance system was merely to maneuverer the falling bomb to its target via radio control.

Still, gud enough for mining finest salt this soil game can provide

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,127 posts
245 battles
45 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Shame they cannot ban the CV griefers, had one last night for a certain stat eliist clan, from no on I play mine to damage farm, nothing more, you cannot be civil in game then help you will not receive.

Yeah too be honest, cvs dont have much in the way of team ultility anyways, so damage farming and killing ships (besides the spotting providing during attack runs) is essentially the only team play you can commit too.

 

fighters are only really useful mid-late game or as mini destructable radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
23 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Fritz X sank the Roma and severely damaged Warspite.

 

Sinking the Roma this weapon should be in game.....were it not that is was carried by land based bombers. W8..we should have these too as many warships  were sunk by land based bombers. :Smile_hiding:

 

Land based bombers, just like submarines and sea mines are still missing from the game, compared to RL historic naval conflicts and battles in WWII. ( although in Operation Dynamo both land based bombers - Bf 110 and He 111  - and sea mines are present )

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,576 posts
23,629 battles
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

Shame they cannot ban the CV griefers, had one last night for a certain stat eliist clan, from no on I play mine to damage farm, nothing more, you cannot be civil in game then help you will not receive.

 

Had an Asashio today who tried to teamkill me because I wouldn't put fighters over his :etc_swear:ed head.

In the time he finally managed to get torps on me I killed an enemy DD and a cruiser. He ofc completely missed with the majority of them, I only took 2 hits out of the 16 he threw at me despite not moving at all.

 

"Griefing" is the way to win. If you try to "teamplay" you'll inevitably put yourself behind.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
2,223 posts
8,812 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

"Griefing" is the way to win. If you try to "teamplay" you'll inevitably put yourself behind.

 

Sure seems like it.

 

Its amazing how many still think carriers can do the same things they did with the RTS gameplay and demand them to hold their hands and nanny them.

This inability to observe what carriers can and can't do in game and learn from it is frankly shocking to me considering they let these people out of their houses into the public.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
5,674 posts
23,185 battles

Guided missiles? You'll be wanting one of these things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_293 , as used on at least one ship which is actually in the game. 

 

Alternatively, who needs an aircraft carrier at all? You could just use this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,580 posts
15,617 battles

Nice disguise in title.

But, please carry your ideas and discussions about the CVs into the pinned CV discussion thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×