Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

change armament locked on sector to crosshair locked to location?

11 comments in this topic

Players
424 posts
4,990 battles

would replace a useless feature with one that let you gauge where to aim that first salvo a bit better.

pretty much like when you are stopped you can unlock from a target then correct based on where they move, but this would allow you to do so while still moving yourself.

or, maybe one of you have a use for locked on sector which isnt done better by the locked on bearing control.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,575 posts
8,858 battles

Ctrl+x locks on bearing

Shift+x locks on a specific point on the map.

Neither is useless btw :fish_book:

Players
424 posts
4,990 battles
On 6/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, DFens_666 said:

Ctrl+x locks on bearing

Shift+x locks on a specific point on the map.

Neither is useless btw :fish_book:

locks the guns. i want a way to lock the crosshair on the map.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,575 posts
8,858 battles
48 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

Thats what Shift+x does. It locks the guns on the spot you are targeting. Or i still dont get what you actually want :Smile-_tongue:

Players
424 posts
4,990 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Thats what Shift+x does. It locks the guns on the spot you are targeting. Or i still dont get what you actually want :Smile-_tongue:

i want the crosshair itself, locked to a spot, not the guns.

to use for target prediction.

if you stop your ship, aim dead centre of an opponant, and unlock, the way their ship moves will give the the exact x/y offset so you can correct your aim. but it only works if you are stopped.

i want to be able to get the same function while moving. since your aim point will move relative to your own ship if you arent parked.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,976 battles
36 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

if you stop your ship, aim dead centre of an opponant, and unlock, the way their ship moves will give the the exact x/y offset so you can correct your aim. but it only works if you are stopped.

i want to be able to get the same function while moving. since your aim point will move relative to your own ship if you arent parked.

Sorry, I don't seem to get it. :cap_hmm:

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
8 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

if you stop your ship, aim dead centre of an opponant, and unlock, the way their ship moves will give the the exact x/y offset so you can correct your aim.

looks like a cheat/aim assist/whatever-this-is-called to me

use your eyes and brain for target prediction; looks surprisingly well.

[FLYD]
Players
1,378 posts
13,091 battles
12 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

I am sorry to inform you that we are freshout of Laserguidance and Targeting Radars in the WW2 Area ships so this feature sadly is not possible.....

In all honesty. Guns on a Sector is the most closest thing you will get. And it should stay that way as you limit your abillity to react to anything changing in the battle. The other thing is even if you lock your guns to the position the dispersion will be off as youre not locked on the target you wanted to shoot and anyone in a smoke moved from the locked position ;)

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
15 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

You may want this but the terrible consequences of a player having the crosshair locked on a target and the guns pointing somewhere else isn't going to work very well for the average team.

But I don't think you are explaining it very well. I'm in two minds whether you just want to use it as a means of determining the direction of an enemy ship, like using torpedo aiming to quickly tell you whether the enemy ship is sailing to port or starboard, or whether you want to implement some 'auto-aim' system, or even worse an 'auto target lead' system? As soon as you have the basic requirements for an auto aim system in the game it won't be long before cheats come out to 'embellish' it.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,346 posts
25,561 battles
20 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

Just practice shooting in smoke or by map. U dont need extra help to shoot unspotted ships.

[BABBY]
Players
682 posts
10,285 battles
4 hours ago, 250swb said:

You may want this but the terrible consequences of a player having the crosshair locked on a target and the guns pointing somewhere else isn't going to work very well for the average team.

Reminds me of WoT newbies locking a target with autoaim and firing the gun when the turret is still facing backwards :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this