You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Erik_Aukan

#Make Jingles crap again!

76 comments in this topic

Players
469 posts
8,419 battles

he is going to be redoing some of his lines again he said in his latest Mingles with Jingles

• Cool 6

Players
182 posts
15,198 battles
4 minutes ago, illy said:

he is going to be redoing some of his lines again he said in his latest Mingles with Jingles

Not only should they redo some of the lines, they should use less filters/ tweaks to his voice so that he clearly doesn't sound like the standard commander. 

I also hope for more of the original Jingles lines.

• Cool 9

Players
469 posts
8,419 battles
23 minutes ago, Erik_Aukan said:

Not only should they redo some of the lines, they should use less filters/ tweaks to his voice so that he clearly doesn't sound like the standard commander. 

i got the feeling many lines he submitted may have caused a few eyebrows, just a more lively performance that shows his character would be more welcome

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,073 battles
21 minutes ago, Erik_Aukan said:

I think it's always tricky to find the perfect balance between both, to be serious enough for the game while still being very entertaining. It's not that easy to just record a few new lines, Jingles came to our St. Petersburg office to record all lines. I'm not sure whether there are more lines that could be theoretically added.

Thanks for the feedback, I understand that you want him to be a bit more silly :)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 13

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

I fully support all post above !

I just want to add something:

First, I understand will be no "special skills" added to Jingles commander, right ?

So, what will make Jingles commander "special", and motivate peoples to buy him ??  Gray voice, dried humor, robot-like voice/intonation ?

To understand my point, please,  Crysantos,  hear 2 minutes of Jingles in one of hilarious "regular" vids on his channel, and right after, play his "robot voice" planned for the "commander Jingles" .

I bet you will think are different persons !

• Cool 2

Players
182 posts
15,198 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

I think it's always tricky to find the perfect balance between both, to be serious enough for the game while still being very entertaining. It's not that easy to just record a few new lines, Jingles came to our St. Petersburg office to record all lines. I'm not sure whether there are more lines that could be theoretically added.

Thanks for the feedback, I understand that you want him to be a bit more silly :)

Greetings, Crysantos

You're welcome! :D

I know it's tricky to find a perfect balance, also just want to say you guys do a great job including the community in this! There are certainly many games are just not doing that at all.

I know I'm not the only one itching to get the Jingles commander onboard my Warspite sailing around doing silly stuff. 

I also think that we should somehow include his iconic laughter. It would be cool after something ridiculous happens. I think it would be hard to implement while still being valid for the situation, though.

Trying to make a voice act sound "normal", not being read from a paper is not easy. It requires a skill to detach from the written text, bringing life and the situational purpose to the voice. 

Players
182 posts
15,198 battles
18 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

So, what will make Jingles commander "special", and motivate peoples to buy him ?? 

You don't need to buy him, he's comming for free! :)

There will probably be a mission or something that will introduce him in the game. 

As for the special skills, a BB captain with enhanced aircraft carrier skills would be hillarious! :P

(Nope, they're not going to put that in!)

@AdmiralHipst3rLets make Jingles crap again! :D

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Free - ok, no problem, but also, like he is now, also no incentive... I have dozens  of gray, dried commanders in my reserve, one  more or less will make no difference.

My point is this is / will be  a wasted opportunity to have a hilarious, real funny commander ( I confess I love Jingles not for his skills in wows, or because he is an expert commentator, but because he is funny,  have that british special humor, and his voice, intonation.

I will even pay gold / credits etc if Jingles from his vids could be "cloned" in a commander. But really "cloned". Right now, is just a robot-like voice,  just like all other robot-like voices, Ovceknik included.

[NWP]
Players
1,332 posts
9,834 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

I understand that you want him to be a bit more silly :)

Dear Friend, thank you for replying to this thread.

He is not silly. He is Jingles. We want him more Jingles.

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 7

Players
1,906 posts

Greetings, Crysantos

Whats the point of doing this captain then? Ofc they want him to be more silly. That is why ppl wanted him as a captain. Doubt anyone wanted a standard captain called Jingles. 

Those weeb captains are not balanced. They keep screaming $hit all the time. 

• Cool 4

[GN0ME]
Players
10 posts
2,964 battles

This Message comes from all of the minions in salt mine so pretend like you read it :Smile_izmena:
We demand The Mighty Jingles who is also Rock-star , Horse Thief , Brain Surgeon , Noob Gamer Extraordinaire to be a very very very  crap commander in World Of Warships.
War-gaming Its a humble request to make jingles as crap as much possible we want him to Call out "Jolly Good Show we sank an enemy aircraft carrier" whenever we sink a destroyer Jingles being a disciplined and  boring  commander is unacceptable by the salt mines community and if our demands are not fulfilled we will STOP THE SUPPLY OF SALT IN World of WARSHIPS :cap_rambo:

#makejinglescrapagain         :cap_horn:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[LOLOP]
Players
18 posts
12,024 battles
1 minute ago, talldata said:

This Message comes from all of the minions in salt mine so pretend like you read it :Smile_izmena:
We demand The Mighty Jingles who is also Rock-star , Horse Thief , Brain Surgeon , Noob Gamer Extraordinaire to be a very very very  crap commander in World Of Warships.
War-gaming Its a humble request to make jingles as crap as much possible we want him to Call out "Jolly Good Show we sank an enemy aircraft carrier" whenever we sink a destroyer Jingles being a disciplined and  boring  commander is unacceptable by the salt mines community and if our demands are not fulfilled we will STOP THE SUPPLY OF SALT IN World of WARSHIPS :cap_rambo:

Not the  salt 

Players
399 posts
3,834 battles

I agree with what's being said. We want the Jingles of his WoWs videos - more expressive, more lively. As it is, he sounds a bit bored.

• Cool 1

Players
182 posts
15,198 battles
3 minutes ago, talldata said:

Oh, no! Not the salt! 90% of community vocabulary depends on this precious mineral!

This grows to be a crisis of epic proportions!

[BBMM]
Players
5,768 posts
7,322 battles
59 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

I understand that you want him to be a bit more silly :)

We do... no way he can say "we just sunk an enemy cruiser" and this being the case indeed.

He should say "we just sunk something.... ehhh... I think it was a battleship".

Or just "did we just sink something, I think we did". 

Also, maybe you can change the torpedo alarm to "torpedo beat music'. 

• Cool 4

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,565 posts
12,550 battles

Greetings, Crysantos

Please put Jingles legendary quote "Looks like an Aoba to me!”  for spotting any enemy ships please :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
182 posts
15,198 battles
20 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I would rather have Dasha, oh my lovely Dasha Perova as commander:cap_like:

She's already in the game, with voice and portrait for all nations

[C-B-A]
Players
19 posts
6,480 battles

I would love for more silly lines, or at least not at serious as they are now. I can see why WG wouldnt want a commander to misidentify a ship -as hilarious that would be-, but there's plenty of room for more.... Jingles flavor.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

I think it's always tricky to find the perfect balance between both, to be serious enough for the game while still being very entertaining.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire rationale behind making Jingles a captain the point that he isn't serious? Let me remind you we're talking about his Jingles persona here, the one that gets overjoyed at the idea of surprise buttsecks and who consistently misidentifies ships because his monitor is too small for his old eyes to see details in windowed views when he's editing videos.

I don't believe seriousness is a necessary quality for this.

• Cool 2

Players
182 posts
15,198 battles
21 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Oh right is there anyway I can get her as a commander then?

You where able to via the Armory, but no longer available. Probably will be at some time later.

• Cool 1