Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miragetank90

A few personal thoughts on ranked(And a sincere apology)

9 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,585 posts
13,507 battles

I've never really been into ranked. Aside from the rewards, it didn't really interest me, and it wasn't my thing. As far as competitive goes, I've always been more into the organisation and strats that come with Clan Battles, and tourneys like KoTs. Every season, I'd play a little, maybe get up to 10 or so, then just kinda drop it.

This time though, I had an inkling to go all the way for once, finally get the achievement and pocket some extra steel for the next waifu. 

And, having ranked out earlier today, looking back I actually had a lot of fun. Frustrating at times, Everyone knows it. But I actually don't have any major complaints about anything, including the CVs or the rentals(Though them not having camos sucks. People who play these need to be given the chance to mount at least a basic camo). 

I played mostly CA and BB, a few games in Grozo. I didn't bother to check, but I think my most played this season in Stalin, in which I was inevitably on the receiving end of :etc_swear: Haku AP bombs. I did want to try CV as well... but, I'm not that confident in my CV skills, especially post rework, such that I would take it into a competitive setting. I'm not good enough in them. Besides, I have Midway and not Haku, which would be my preferred pick here.

Moving on, I actually made a few new friends, and met some old ones too =D and I tried to be nice as much as possible, crack jokes, and general fun. But sometimes, I wasn't so calm, or nice. I very seldom go REEEEE but, a few times, I did, and said some stuff that was... well a little :etc_swear:

It's just that, you know, getting called a retard after a 200k plus carry, or a Mongol because you didn't bum rush your Stalin with the Kremlin through mid to radar the DD... IN A CROSSFIRE... it's annoying. 

Or when somebody throws the game when literally all they need to do is sit still. Or in another case, just ram. Or in another just RUN AWAY. OR THOSE ANNOYING NON-STOP MAP PINGERS. FOR THE LOVE OF :etc_swear:

But anyway, It's not like I didn't make any bad plays either, I sure as heck did.  So, to those I flew off the handle at, I just want to say:

I'm really sorry for that. 

And to those still doing the slog 

good luck! :crab:

• Cool 8

Players
340 posts
612 battles

Settled view of things that happened. Grats for being done with it. As you pointed out the :etc_swear: talk is the only really annoying thing. Sure it often is a way for people to get rid of their frustration, but neither it helps the remaining guys when there is bull:etc_swear: spread over the chat box nor is it mostly objective by those who spam out of frustration.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,765 battles

...best thing is when one calls u out all match and u end up with a compliment from him, coz u did exactly not what he wanted and won that way the match 1st place :D....

just happened to me on henry lol

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,854 battles

I was one win awqy from rank 1. We had a fantastic team, we were winning hard too.

I was in a Shima contesting C on greece.

It was a game you couldn't lose. There was no wqy so i thanked everyone and told them that this is where i go rank 1.

BIG MISTAKE because as i said that, the Zao that was with me on C decided to suicide into a DD and a DM full broadside and didnt even fire torps. So did a Z52, same wqy as the Zao straight between the DM and the Z52 in that cap.

Now the enemy Z52 pushed me from one side while the DM pushed from the other, me being out of the cap and suddenly without support chased, hydroed and radared i of course die too and the game is lost.

Now i'm stuck halfway through rank 3 again because i got seriously unlucky or all the potatoes managed to finally catch up.

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, L0V3_and_PE4CE sagte:

I was one win awqy from rank 1. We had a fantastic team, we were winning hard too.

I was in a Shima contesting C on greece.

It was a game you couldn't lose. There was no wqy so i thanked everyone and told them that this is where i go rank 1.

BIG MISTAKE because as i said that, the Zao that was with me on C decided to suicide into a DD and a DM full broadside and didnt even fire torps. So did a Z52, same wqy as the Zao straight between the DM and the Z52 in that cap.

Now the enemy Z52 pushed me from one side while the DM pushed from the other, me being out of the cap and suddenly without support chased, hydroed and radared i of course die too and the game is lost.

Now i'm stuck halfway through rank 3 again because i got seriously unlucky or all the potatoes managed to finally catch up.

been there, done that. yesterday on 2-4 then back to 3-3 now 2-2.

losing that game before rank 1 sucks big time.. sometimes it was me playing crap,<sometimes i was misjudging the thoughts of my teammates, sometimes the teammates did crap.

without cvs it is possible to carry - with cvs all gotta play almost perfect when the own cv is clearly worse than the enemy one.

btw - guess I saw you in Shimi yesterday in that close call game on Greece  :etc_hide_turtle:

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles
11 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

having ranked out earlier today

Congratulations

Off Topic a bit but I can't help it

1 hour ago, rotten_torpedo said:

Greece

10 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

greece

Correction "wannabe Greece"

That map resembles Greece same as I resemble a unicum player

• Funny 3

Players
340 posts
612 battles

Just ranked out either and what this ranked season after all will leave behind is that I really improved on self-control regarding angryness and losing my mind over comments, behaviour or craptalk.

Hell, this was challenging. After being to r2 and 4* after ~ 70 games for the first time I dropped back and have been to r2 and 4* for 7 times. Overall it took me an embarassing 250 more games from this point  :cap_fainting:

Man, this :etc_swear: big time to lose those final games 6 times and then mostly tilted back to 2 and 0 or even 3 and 0.

The final run today was a walkthrough with 8 games won in a row and beeing to 2 and 4 for the 7th time, something had changed. I was totally relaxed and played calm and it was a walkthrough either.

Spoiler

shot-19_06.12_21_47.07-0787.thumb.jpg.f4c403f0164fdc491db70502386a1e52.jpg

Never had it that challenging in the other 11 ranked seasons and sprints. My lesson learned finally, you can't force it.. and you gotta find the calmness to accept, what you can't change - players, matchmaking, having the worse cv in your team, unlucky rng.. whatever.

funfact: all time played only with economic flags, not even with deto flag and didn't deto a single time :etc_hide_turtle: ended with the same free exp like when I started and free exped the Kremlin and Grozo during that span each from tier 1 to 10.

Regarding this one might persuade oneself that it was worthy after all to go the long way, haha.

Honestly good luck to all still in progress and don't take it too serious. :Smile_hiding:

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,647 battles

Have to say for the little time that I have put into ranked so far, the amount of 'reports' that usually fly around have dropped considerably, as has the chat cr@p. So a much more polite and civilised season for some reason.

Grats to OP and others for ranking out already - I usually don't have the patience :)

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Very sorry for some salt I've spread around the last few weeks, no real excuse for it, and it will likely occur again at some weak points.

Too much of a rollercoaster in terms of MM for my taste, but overall, I've enjoyed this season, even as I've been playing dds. I doubt I'll be able to rank out in time, but it seems dds still are at least viable in Ranked. Cvs aren't the bane of all, even if some further tweaks are likely. So.. well done WG on another good season. Thanks to the good teammates I've encountered and again - sorry for any salt I've brought.

Sign in to follow this