Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AirSupremacy

Consumable "Evasive Maneuver" - Feedback please, thank you

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,163 battles

This proposed consumable "Evasive Maneuver" is an idea I picked up from @naztb and then refined it a bit more.

 

If you like it or want to add additions, feedback and your constructive input is very welcome.

If WG implements such an idea, then please no more CV OP complaints :D

 

- Consumable "Evasive Maneuver"

- Reduces ship turn radius by 50%

- 3 charges

- 12 seconds active

- 90 seconds cool down

 

To give everyone a chance, I wouldn't mind if any ship can fit it.

Could also solve the "Too much radar/smoke/acoustics players" problem,

if it would be implemented in the way that players have to make their choice of either taking the "Evasive Maneuver" consumable

or Radar/Smoke/Acoustics instead.

 

14 minutes ago, naztb said:

That would work for me then they can take it or leave it and its a reasonable idea not an outrageous suggestion

 

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,457 posts

I can see how this would help the masses that refuse to put a single skill point/module in any AA  as defensive AA might only save them ( it is an AA  BOOST !! ) if they actually did take skill points/modules in AA, and set their zone correctly....as it does not require skill points/modules in AA.....

 

So if it makes them happy.....sure. I hold nothing against players that refuse to put skills in AA, only against the ones that then complain AA is too weak !

 

Not too much charges i hope. Players without any skill point in AA/modules need to suffer for it, just as those that do take AA pints/modules suffer other handicaps against other foes.

 

Choices, choices....all must choose. There cannot be an "i win" build.

 

But thinking about it i suspect many would have depleted it in use against incoming AP salvo's or torpedo walls.....and then still complain about being hit softly by nerfed aircraft.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,163 battles

I think such an "Evasive Maneuver" consumable would only have winners:

 

- DD`s can do super speedy turns with it

- CA/BB can use it to get back to bow position much faster

- Players would have a way (the consumable) to not feels helpless against rockets/bombs/torpedos

- If CV`s could also fit it, great ( if not - ok )

- Making it an "Either/Instead of" module fitting choice would lower the population of players fitted with smoke/radar/acoustics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,315 posts
24,210 battles
36 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

This proposed consumable "Evasive Maneuver" is an idea I picked up from @naztb and then refined it a bit more.

 

If you like it or want to add additions, feedback and your constructive input is very welcome.

If WG implements such an idea, then please no more CV OP complaints :D

 

- Consumable "Evasive Maneuver"

- Reduces ship turn radius by 50%

- 3 charges

- 12 seconds active

- 90 seconds cool down

 

To give everyone a chance, I wouldn't mind if any ship can fit it.

Could also solve the "Too much radar/smoke/acoustics players" problem,

if it would be implemented in the way that players have to make their choice of either taking the "Evasive Maneuver" consumable

or Radar/Smoke/Acoustics instead.

 

 

Hmm 12s is a bit short unless it also affects rudder shift time, on most bbs and even some cruisers that would give you only few seconds (if even that) of turning boost unless the rudder was already fully deflected in wanted direction before the consumable was activated id say 25-30s duration would be more apropriate for big ships at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,278 posts
10,051 battles
9 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

DD`s can do super speedy turns with it

So in a dd Id have to give up a consumable like smoke in order to have a 0.01% better chance at dodging 1000kmph rockets? Nah, tnx I'll pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,796 posts
245 battles

Could be a useful feature for the italian line like how the french ships get a lot of speed boosts.

 

Maybe 50secs-1min for duration and 3-4 charges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,883 posts
16,293 battles
55 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

- Consumable "Evasive Maneuver"

- Reduces ship turn radius by 50%

- 3 charges

- 12 seconds active

- 90 seconds cool down

Get ready for the BB and CV outplays, ramming DDs left and right when they go for the point blank torps :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,789 posts
19,479 battles

Would be primarily a BB buff which this game certainly does not need.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,457 posts
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Get ready for the BB and CV outplays, ramming DDs left and right when they go for the point blank torps :Smile_trollface:

 

Most DD miss all their torpedo's in secondary battery range ( that is point blanc is it ? ) already.....if that was not so, i would have learned to speed away from them.

 

I would like that consumable to work on aircraft too though.......really makes the difference at point blanc defence fighting with rocket fighters.....because these fail at really short fighting distance, overshooting the target when you have little time to line up with accurate long attack legs and kill the DD.

 

That is why i learned to defend the CV with secondaries to begin with.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I can see how this would help the masses that refuse to put a single skill point/module in any AA  as defensive AA might only save them ( it is an AA  BOOST !! ) if they actually did take skill points/modules in AA, and set their zone correctly....as it does not require skill points/modules in AA.....

 

So if it makes them happy.....sure. I hold nothing against players that refuse to put skills in AA, only against the ones that then complain AA is too weak !

 

Not too much charges i hope. Players without any skill point in AA/modules need to suffer for it, just as those that do take AA pints/modules suffer other handicaps against other foes.

 

Choices, choices....all must choose. There cannot be an "i win" build.

 

But thinking about it i suspect many would have depleted it in use against incoming AP salvo's or torpedo walls.....and then still complain about being hit softly by nerfed aircraft.

Reason people do not put skills in AA or put modules on as they have been proven to do almost nothing, flak puffs can be dodged. A turn radius consumable may not be needed if AA worked or Torp alpha was lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
27 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

Most DD miss all their torpedo's in secondary battery range ( that is point blanc is it ? ) already.....if that was not so, i would have learned to speed away from them.

 

I would like that consumable to work on aircraft too though.......really makes the difference at point blanc defence fighting with rocket fighters.....because these fail at really short fighting distance, overshooting the target when you have little time to line up with accurate long attack legs and kill the DD.

 

That is why i learned to defend the CV with secondaries to begin with.....

secondary range for some BBs outranges equal tier torps in some cases ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,457 posts
15 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Reason people do not put skills in AA or put modules on as they have been proven to do almost nothing, flak puffs can be dodged. A turn radius consumable may not be needed if AA worked or Torp alpha was lower.

 

You obviously not read the latest finds of LWM, brought by other sources like Notser as well ?

 

AA skills work "under the hood" on actual hidden stats that DO increase AA output. It just doesn't show in port ship info leading to false assumptions that make false prophets fail onto their followers. If you would have actually skilled deep into AA you would have known that. Event 19 point captains and theor ships can be good for that, or free reskill periods.

 

My KII ( t8) and Alaska (t9) among others have shown to be able to kill squadrons before weapons drop by taking only BFT and AFT that also boost the secondaries. These are skills are now known to speed the "ticks" at which DPS is delivered onto squadrons as it turns out it is not actually damage per second.  Because these skill boost AA and secondaries ( anti-CV and anti-DD ) they are never wasted points if  aircraft and DD are the threats that usually kill you. If not,  other points/builds are indeed more useful.

 

Choices, choices....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,627 posts
18,195 battles

It's an interesting idea and I can see the logic behind it, but I don't think it would be a good addition to the game. It would be used as an easy fix for silly misplays by battleships or cruisers that come around an island broadside to a well deserved paddling. 

 

Still certainly I like the idea of thinking originally, I'm just not sold on this being a good fix for the CV situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,883 posts
16,293 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

 

Most DD miss all their torpedo's in secondary battery range ( that is point blanc is it ? ) already.....if that was not so, i would have learned to speed away from them.

Point blank range is proximity detection range < 2-3 km in my book.

The range where you cant miss...unless you get too close and the torps dont arm in time (or you ram instead of torp).

 

If you have manuel secondaries (and know how to use it) , DDs often cant make it that far without dying to secondaries, so the result might be the same (i've only rushed GZs who hid behind islands. Those obviously went to the bottom)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×