Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OM40

why do I need a rental ship if I already have it?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CKBK]
Players
385 posts
23,854 battles

I'm strongly against giving high tier rental ships for any event (CBs or Ranked) but if you gonna do it anyway do it with style, why my port have to be cluttered with ships that I didn't ask for? you guys have the armory why not put a rental area where people can choose what they wanna rent with a fee, how hard can it be?

 

ps: I still think Rental has no place in ranked and would like to see a limit on how far a rental ship can climb.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,982 posts
13,026 battles
9 minutes ago, OM40 said:

I'm strongly against giving high tier rental ships for any event (CBs or Ranked) but if you gonna do it anyway do it with style, why my port have to be cluttered with ships that I didn't ask for? you guys have the armory why not put a rental area where people can choose what they wanna rent with a fee, how hard can it be?

 

ps: I still think Rental has no place in ranked and would like to see a limit on how far a rental ship can climb.

This, or at least a tick box to hide rentals. We asked many times for it but WG has other priorities. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,108 posts
14,098 battles
16 minutes ago, OM40 said:

I'm strongly against giving high tier rental ships for any event (CBs or Ranked) but if you gonna do it anyway do it with style, why my port have to be cluttered with ships that I didn't ask for? you guys have the armory why not put a rental area where people can choose what they wanna rent with a fee, how hard can it be?

 

ps: I still think Rental has no place in ranked and would like to see a limit on how far a rental ship can climb.

You do not need it, then you do not take it.

Some people might not have the right Tier X for Ranked and are glad for the option.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

Yeah I agree, giving rentals to the people who own the same ship is ridiculous, and the UI is already slow enough, no need to add more useless ships in the port.

Like said, an option to at least hide the rentals would be greatly appreciated.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,378 posts

What is wrong with rental ships if a player was able to "climb far" in them ???

 

Are you saying you are against rewarding skill - because that rental has serious disadvantage not being able to use camo - just because that player hasn't got regular T X ?

 

I can understand the aversion to rentals that suck....but i have seen many that do not, likely they are well skilled T VIII-IX-X players that just want to use ships they havent got yet. These are 30 millon credits a piece to buy you know....and there are a lot of T X to buy if you wanted to own all the rentals.....

 

And i do agree it is irritating rentals clutter the lineup of owned ships. Should be some kind of sorting or hiding feature, we get rentals a lot lately so that must be worth the effort.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,332 posts
9,834 battles
28 minutes ago, OM40 said:

why my port have to be cluttered with ships that I didn't ask for?

14 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

to hide rentals

5 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

an option to at least hide the rentals would be greatly appreciated.

 

I will not discuss if rentals are good or not. 

 

But if you want not to see them in your port hide ships with no commander. Rentals come with no commander.

 

To do that open the filter for your carousel and filter only for ships with commander.

 

filter.png.53774e9685af3ab8712a95b37f40afb4.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
713 posts
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

What is wrong with rental ships if a player was able to "climb high" in them ???

 

Are you saying you are against rewarding skill - because that rental has serious disadvantage not being able to use camo - just because that player hasn't got regular T X ?

one should earn them

and what you call climbing others might call using backs of team mates

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,378 posts
7 minutes ago, Saltface said:

 

I will not discuss if rentals are good or not. 

 

But if you want not to see them in your port hide ships with no commander. Rentals come with no commander.

 

To do that open the filter for your carousel and filter only for ships with commander.

 

filter.png.53774e9685af3ab8712a95b37f40afb4.png

 

Thnx Saltface !

 

5 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

one should earn them

and what you call climbing others might call using backs of team mates

 

WG - that forced these upon you -  me , a lot of happy players say : tough luck for you....

 

I never used the feature as they are mostly for clan battles, but i like it and it indeed got me to rank 10 so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
713 posts
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

Thnx Saltface !

 

 

WG, me , a lot of happy players say : tough luck for you....

lion doesn't lose sleep over opinion of sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,998 posts
6,400 battles

Thread closed.

There is already a thread to discuss rentals in ranked:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×