You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cuprum

Slow user interface in port

23 comments in this topic

[MDRED]
Players
9 posts
7,722 battles

Waiting many seconds for every click in port is really annoying. It is getting worse with every patch. When will there be significant improvement?

• Cool 1

Players
1,985 posts
13,038 battles
5 minutes ago, Cuprum said:

Waiting many seconds for every click in port is really annoying. It is getting worse with every patch. When will there be significant improvement?

Soon™

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
713 posts
34 minutes ago, Cuprum said:

nah, it is not important. lets instead have few new prem ships for steel, coal, free exp or some other wgbs

• Funny 2

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles

Interface being laggy has been norm for quite some time, whenever WG made it unlag a bit, it got crapped upon next update with next event and whatnot:Smile_smile:

Besides, UI is something that doesn't provide direct revenue and expecting WG to sort that out before releasing another wheelbarrow of premium ships would be an optimistic estimate

Players
6 posts
104 battles

Version 0.8.4.

This is only the Beta/ Release Candidate (RC) phase in development.

Version 1.0.0 would indicate the full Release To Web (RTW) stage, at which point I would expect any and all problems to be resolved otherwise my wallet shall close permanently.

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
49 minutes ago, onderschepper said:

Version 0.8.4.

This is only the Beta/ Release Candidate (RC) phase in development.

Version 1.0.0 would indicate the full Release To Web (RTW) stage, at which point I would expect any and all problems to be resolved otherwise my wallet shall close permanently.

Except Closed Beta and Open Beta ended long time ago:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
571 posts
11,400 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Besides, UI is something that doesn't provide direct revenue and expecting WG to sort that out before releasing another wheelbarrow of premium ships would be an optimistic estimate.

In a free-to-play game, I think it's paramount that the port UI is attractive. I remember being impressed with  it, looking at my ships from different angles in different ports. It's a significant part of the immersion. However, the more I've played, the more I find it a nuisance, but it's not going to drive me away.

The 3D background of the port is heavy. In port, I have all cores on a 3.4 GHz i5 clocking at around 50 %. Also, the GPU fan sound like the GPU is running hotter in port than in battle (more 3D models visible, less open sea). When I click around selecting ships, adding signals, checking consumables, I imagine the problem is really the JavaScript of the built-in browser trying to get CPU time. The web-related UI stuff itself can't be that heavy.

I would like to have an option to have a 2D background. Like just a rendering of the chosen ship with the chosen camo -- that's enough. I don't think the development effort would be too bad, and many would likely prefer it.

• Cool 1

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
2 minutes ago, asalonen said:

In a free-to-play game, I think it's paramount that the port UI is attractive. I remember being impressed with  it, looking at my ships from different angles in different ports. It's a significant part of the immersion. However, the more I've played, the more I find the poor responsiveness a nuisance. But is not going to drive me away, so I can understand the priorities here.

The 3D background of is heavy. In port, I have all cores on a 3.4 GHz i5 clocking at around 50 %. Also, the GPU fan sound like the GPU is running hotter in port than in battle. When When I then click around selecting ships, adding signals, checking consumables and all the usual stuff, I imagine the problem is really the JavaScript of the built-in browser trying to get CPU time. The interactive UI stuff itself can't be that heavy.

I would like to have an option to have a 2D background. Like just a rendering of the chosen ship with the chosen camo -- that's enough. I don't think the development effort would be too bad, and many would likely prefer it if it makes the UI fast.

Graphic card going overdrive was an issue in World of Tanks as well, dunno if they fixed it. In WoWs Azur Lane port, that anime one seems to have positive impact on UI, guessing lack of water to animate helps.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
40 minutes ago, Panocek said:

In WoWs Azur Lane port, that anime one seems to have positive impact on UI, guessing lack of water to animate helps.

It's still laggy at times.

But I've noticed it's mostly when trying to interact with chat, or battle reports, etc., i.e.: stuff that requires other servers to communicate data. So you can add a poor internal communication network to the list of culprits.

• Cool 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
3 hours ago, asalonen said:

In a free-to-play game, I think it's paramount that the port UI is attractive. I remember being impressed with  it, looking at my ships from different angles in different ports. It's a significant part of the immersion. However, the more I've played, the more I find it a nuisance, but it's not going to drive me away.

The 3D background of the port is heavy. In port, I have all cores on a 3.4 GHz i5 clocking at around 50 %. Also, the GPU fan sound like the GPU is running hotter in port than in battle (more 3D models visible, less open sea). When I click around selecting ships, adding signals, checking consumables, I imagine the problem is really the JavaScript of the built-in browser trying to get CPU time. The web-related UI stuff itself can't be that heavy.

I would like to have an option to have a 2D background. Like just a rendering of the chosen ship with the chosen camo -- that's enough. I don't think the development effort would be too bad, and many would likely prefer it.

Lol, I run a Ryzen 1600x, with 12 cores, OCloked at 3,9 and still go sometimes at 60% on port ! My GPU (an NVidia 1080) still reach 90% usage in port ( I  use MSI Afterburner) so I can tell you the game design has serius problems, after 0.8.4 I experiment a harsh FPS drop, from 120-130 at 60-70 now, and on some maps even 45-60 !

I posted my protest at tech department, not a single answer yet...

And worst, is the idiotic waiting time when you want to get out of a battle, even in a simple one, a co-op ! ( I enter coop, for the  token's  event,  kill 2-3-4 bots, lost my ship,  and I get out when is only 1 -2 bots alive and my team have 4-5-6 guys alive, so in 10 min I can do 2-3 even more co-op games.

Well, I counted sometime more than  15-20 sec of waiting since I click the "return to port" button until something happen ! 15-20 sec of damn lag.... and my IPS is fiber with 250MB up/downld...

To put the cherry on top of the cake, each 10-15 games I experiment some crazy "freezing" when the game freeze, ctrl+alt+del will not work, and the only way to terminate the damn wows process is to end session, switch user or just restart the computer !

I do have all my drivers up to date, bios the same, I run win10 pro x64,  and ALL my other games run smoothly, even games more heavy than wows !

Obvious something is very wrong with THIS game codding lines...

• Cool 3

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

It's still laggy at times.

But I've noticed it's mostly when trying to interact with chat, or battle reports, etc., i.e.: stuff that requires other servers to communicate data. So you can add a poor internal communication network to the list of culprits.

I can confirm this.... looks like, in order to prevent a bit the monthly server crashes ( we never  experimented so many server crashes in a single year  ! ) - they switched at some redundant servers, but obvious smaller servers with clumsy , slow interactivity...

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
18 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Ryzen 1600x, with 12 cores

6 cores 12 threads :cap_tea:

Players
1,985 posts
13,038 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

True, my mistake.

Now you know why you are having this problem :cap_haloween:   I can add random slide shows in battle when a few torps and ships will appear. The same CPU @3.8 1060 6gb card only but I play only at full hd resolution so it should be more than enough and it is for all my other games. 

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
39 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Now you know why you are having this problem :cap_haloween:   I can add random slide shows in battle when a few torps and ships will appear. The same CPU @3.8 1060 6gb card only but I play only at full hd resolution so it should be more than enough and it is for all my other games. 

I do use full HD also... My GPU should deal with the Port interface easily. In fact, I have some games with some 50-70gb each, from 2018/2019 who run smooth at 120-150 fps, but wows struggle... I even tried older NVidia drivers, to no avail... 

Right now I am more and more convinced the problem is not at my end.

I monitor CPU usage, never climb above 30-40% , but the GPU struggle in port, for some reasons... my 16 gb RAM is running at 2400, so I doubt that can be... I own a decent machine, not a top one, but decent, I think.

Players
1,985 posts
13,038 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

I do use full HD also... My GPU should deal with the Port interface easily. In fact, I have some games with some 50-70gb each, from 2018/2019 who run smooth at 120-150 fps, but wows struggle... I even tried older NVidia drivers, to no avail... 

Right now I am more and more convinced the problem is not at my end.

I monitor CPU usage, never climb above 30-40% , but the GPU struggle in port, for some reasons... my 16 gb RAM is running at 2400, so I doubt that can be... I own a decent machine, not a top one, but decent, I think.

Mine card goes like a taking off jet during container drops, the worse part of the whole game. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,737 battles

It's not just the port UO it's also the missions.   There is a significant delay between selecting the Combat MIssions, seeing the screen and then being shown the current Combat Missions.

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
46 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

It's not just the port UO it's also the missions.   There is a significant delay between selecting the Combat MIssions, seeing the screen and then being shown the current Combat Missions.

ALL commands given in Port have an annoying lag, atm. Try to access clan page - 10-20 sec waiting.

Try to open Armory - 3-5-10 sec waiting.

And WORST of all, in my opinion, return to port from a battle when you die. Over half a minute sometimes, waiting, and waiting, with the game frozen-like behavior.

Add constant freezing mid-battle each dozen of games (for me, at least), and wows process refuse to switch-off on crtl+al+del...

Only by "end-session", "switch user" or hard restart I can log back in game.

Players
3,338 posts
16,059 battles

Well I want the delay after you press the "Return to Port" button INCREASED!

After viewing the post-battle statistics I like to have a three course meal.

I've only got time for the first two courses before the port screen finally returns after pressing the "Return to Port" button.

Please increase the delay and give me time to eat my desert course.:Smile_smile: