You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ayanami_Reen

Where is the promissed ARP hide in port?

25 comments in this topic

[NAIVE]
Players
24 posts
14,194 battles

@Crysantos

Its close to 1 Year ago you promissed us WG is working on a fix "already" to hide Ships like ARP in port again without the need to sell it....

1 year WG dont deliver a fix "they are already working on" ... kinda sad... must be hard to re-activate something that was already in the game within a year...........

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles
1 hour ago, DirtySyx said:

@Crysantos

Its close to 1 Year ago you promissed us WG is working on a fix "already" to hide Ships like ARP in port again without the need to sell it....

1 year WG dont deliver a fix "they are already working on" ... kinda sad... must be hard to re-activate something that was already in the game within a year...........

You mean this one? Its been for ages in game

shot-19-06-09-11-07-37-0862.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles
5 minutes ago, DirtySyx said:

.. hard to read the linked posting?

its NOT about hiding the camo. 

And whats wrong with having free ship without bright colors, if you so desire?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
538 posts
5,904 battles

Well, if you don't want them in your port so badly, just sell them for a few free credits. But if you do't want to sell them, then you must be okay with the ships, in which case it seems rather pointless to hide them at all. I mean, I guess it could be fixed, but I fail to see the point of that. Sell them, or keep them, that seems straight forward enough to me.

• Cool 3

[FLYD]
Players
1,350 posts
13,058 battles
32 minutes ago, DirtySyx said:

@Crysantos any comment ?

You tried simply selling them?

Worked like a charm for me.

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
6,240 posts
24,081 battles
25 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Same here :cap_like:

Back then when they were handed out and i was just starting with the game it seemed a great thing - free premium ship, unitill it dawned on me it doesnt have premium cash and xp bonuses, and you cant mount a camo, and it looks fugly so i sold them off ehen that option came to pass, first all but takao and then her as well when I got myself the real atago

• Angry 1

[FLYD]
Players
1,350 posts
13,058 battles

I keept Takao as well, i own both of them. it's fun to throw them in :D

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,086 posts
8,425 battles
55 minutes ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Yup this. Previously you could not sell them, but now you can so the option to hide them in port is not needed unless you are some weird collector who wants to keep them but not see them (in which case just use filters and favorites to show them far down your port. Or mods).

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles

And I was wondering why these ships still show up in my port!

If it's not feature, but a bug, I would love to see it fixed. Although I'm happy that in the actuall battles they are name regularly and not by the silly anime BS toys.

26 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Yup this. Previously you could not sell them, but now you can so the option to hide them in port is not needed unless you are some weird collector who wants to keep them but not see them (in which case just use filters and favorites to show them far down your port. Or mods).

This is actually exactly my case as it happens :)

I want to collect all the ships I can but I despise anime - I suspect I'm not the only one.

Players
538 posts
5,904 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

I want to collect all the ships I can but I despise anime - I suspect I'm not the only one.

That sounds a bit contradictory, but fair enough I suppose. Though hating anime and all that jazz as much as you say, why bother having them at all?

I would compare it to me buying a load of rare/old football kits and merchandise of a local team, West Bromwich Albion, despite the fact I support Wolves and so they are more or less our greatest rivals. I would not really like the Albion kit, nor would I use it, so I would likely ask, "Huh, what is the point of owning all this?" Therefore it would all end up on Ebay so I wouldn't have to see it again. I wouldn't go to great lengths to hide all the stuff in the loft, under furniture etc., just sell the damn stuff. No stuff I don't want? No problem.

It is almost identical here in WoWs. If one has something they truly despise, just sell it on, make a quick profit, and be done with it all. Adding extra filters and so forth just so one can pretend the ships aren't in the port sounds weird.

I mean, option B is just to embrace the ships for what they are, neon coloured copies of tech tree ships with commanders that most can't understand. But to extend the analogy, that is like me trying to cheer for one of my team's local rival. Ain't happening.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
19 minutes ago, Centurion_1711 said:

That sounds a bit contradictory, but fair enough I suppose. Though hating anime and all that jazz as much as you say, why bother having them at all?

I would compare it to me buying a load of rare/old football kits and merchandise of a local team, West Bromwich Albion, despite the fact I support Wolves and so they are more or less our greatest rivals. I would not really like the Albion kit, nor would I use it, so I would likely ask, "Huh, what is the point of owning all this?" Therefore it would all end up on Ebay so I wouldn't have to see it again. I wouldn't go to great lengths to hide all the stuff in the loft, under furniture etc., just sell the damn stuff. No stuff I don't want? No problem.

It is almost identical here in WoWs. If one has something they truly despise, just sell it on, make a quick profit, and be done with it all. Adding extra filters and so forth just so one can pretend the ships aren't in the port sounds weird.

I mean, option B is just to embrace the ships for what they are, neon coloured copies of tech tree ships with commanders that most can't understand. But to extend the analogy, that is like me trying to cheer for one of my team's local rival. Ain't happening.

As I said, I collect all the ships I can, just for the pure number of ships in my port - simple as that.

The fact I despise anime does not mean I can't have the ships in my port, just as it does not stop me talking to weebs, and showing them respect (unless they stick half-naked Lolis straight up my face).
On the other hand naming yourself "Astolfo_is_my_waifu" for example, is no more tasteful than naming yourself "I_love_underage_d*ck_concealed_as_underage_girl" in my personal opinion (I came to this conclusion after a very short research I did today).

I better get with the times anyway, as this very forum is being taken over by weebs even as we speak.

• Funny 1

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,069 battles

Hey guys,

I'll check what the current status on this is and give you an update.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
3,773 posts
17,120 battles
3 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

This fix should be #1 on the list of least important fixes. 

So it'll probably be fixed with the next update :Smile_hiding:

Players
380 posts
4,825 battles
3 hours ago, lup3s said:

So it'll probably be fixed with the next update :Smile_hiding:

fixed when they rerun the event. 

Players
538 posts
5,904 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

fixed when they rerun the event. 

If they re-run the event. Arpeggio of Blue Steel finished ages ago, or at least the anime did, which is the part that WoWs had the collaboration with. Unless there is a new series or film on the horizon (which I would actually enjoy, but that is another discussion), I doubt we will be getting another collab. The only feasible way is if they collaborated with the ongoing manga series, which could in theory work as they could add extra copy/paste neon ships.

But the raw salt that would be out when yet more weeb :etc_swear: gets added, oh boy... :Smile_trollface:

But yeah, probably not going to get changed any time soon then

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,851 posts
10,968 battles
11 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Not my biggest problem with the game but I'd also like to have a way to hide them without selling them. Maybe maybe maybe I wont need my account anymore at some point in the future....but there are still ARP fans around.

Players
5,976 posts
11,274 battles
On 6/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, Yedwy said:

Same here :cap_like:

Back then when they were handed out and i was just starting with the game it seemed a great thing - free premium ship, unitill it dawned on me it doesnt have premium cash and xp bonuses, and you cant mount a camo, and it looks fugly so i sold them off ehen that option came to pass, first all but takao and then her as well when I got myself the real atago

You should've given them to me :|

Players
5,976 posts
11,274 battles
On 6/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

So, the only benefit to these ships is the ability to transfer captains to them without retraining?

And multiple first wins a day, (maybe) snowflakes and the collector badge. And to have the only other ships in the game that can glow in the dark and is not a Wooster with 'that' camo :Smile-_tongue:

EDIT: And can actually use identical ships with different (troll) setups without the need to mount/unmount upgrades.

And however small these benefits may be, it's still benefits :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,331 posts
9,818 battles
On 6/12/2019 at 2:03 PM, Blixies said:

As I said, I collect all the ships I can, just for the pure number of ships in my port - simple as that.

The fact I despise anime does not mean I can't have the ships in my port, just as it does not stop me talking to weebs, and showing them respect (unless they stick half-naked Lolis straight up my face).
On the other hand naming yourself "Astolfo_is_my_waifu" for example, is no more tasteful than naming yourself "I_love_underage_d*ck_concealed_as_underage_girl" in my personal opinion (I came to this conclusion after a very short research I did today).

I better get with the times anyway, as this very forum is being taken over by weebs even as we speak.

My friend, I would edit my post if I was you. Just saying. Still love you but edit this post.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
4 minutes ago, Saltface said:

My friend, I would edit my post if I was you. Just saying. Still love you but edit this post.

Why? I stand by what I said.