Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeBoat

Shchors - How do I play this properly?

7 comments in this topic

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

So I have got the Shchors fully upgraded modules and an IFHE captain that I've managed to build up as I went through the tiers. My question is how do I get good damage in this? I don't get destroyed much at the start of the match but I always finish with 40 or 50k dmg. Is this enough for tier 7?

Thanks

[CATS]
Players
26,073 posts
14,083 battles

Damage does not say much.

• Take out the ships that threaten your big armored hulks
  • Support your DD
  • Find positions were you are not the focus target
  • Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,229 posts
6,324 battles

Burn down battleships by spamming HE shells from the back. She’s a great kiter (:

Note: don’t sit behind islands, but just dodge their AP shells.

• Cool 1

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Thanks

15 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Note: don’t sit behind islands, but just dodge their AP shells.

I find it hard to dodge the shells with the rudder shift of RU Cruisers, Should I take rudder shift upgrades or is the rudder shift so bad its useless to try and fix it?

[CATS]
Players
26,073 posts
14,083 battles

The rudder shift upgrade is standard for most cruisers and is recommended for Shchors.

But evasion works better by positioning than by active evasion.

When you are the focus of 1+ BB, they will hit you in the long run. 

Better to not be their focus target or to go stealth or behind cover to not get shot at for multiple salvos.

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Burn BB's by looking at which way their guns are pointing before you fire, anywhere resembling the other direction from you is good, as soon as the ship starts to turn or the guns rotate your way scoot away. You'll know that anyway.

But I agree I found the Shchors a bit frustrating,  but the following Chapy feels simpler and easier to get a grip of, but then this is countered by it often being in tier X battles. All these later tier cruisers from any nation benefit from having Priority Target on the Captain and play with what it tells you as a main focus. Likewise rudder shift is a standard on any cruiser, if you aren't snapping your neck turning to kite out of danger you just make yourself an easy target.

• Cool 2

Players
8,061 posts
8,901 battles
On 6/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, AwesomeBoat said:

Thanks

I find it hard to dodge the shells with the rudder shift of RU Cruisers, Should I take rudder shift upgrades or is the rudder shift so bad its useless to try and fix it?

Issue with Shchors isn't rudder. It's the 900 m turning circle radius. Even with radar fully on one side, this ship reacts slowly and thus should be kept as far from BBs as possible. It can do some decent numbers on lower tier cruisers though, thanks to its good ballistics and decent dpm.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this