You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

The most satisfying kill ever

14 comments in this topic

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

I have switched from CVs to BBs and generally I enjoy playing BBs as long there is a CV in the match...because I'm seriously loathing the games in my BB without CVs and the reason are DDs.

I don't know why but somehow I end up with the most useless DDs in my team. The last game went over the top but gave me the most satisfying kill ever.

The match starts with 4 DDs and we all decide to go on the right flank (MAP Neighbors)...all except ALL four DDs! [edited]me! We begged , we plead, we commanded that at least one of them screen our approach. Nope they gonna "flank" while sailing on the farest point of the map. The battle starts , the enemy DDs screened for their fleet. Torps popping out of nowhere , I was lucky enough to be in Hydro Range and only ate one. it was a crap show. The enemy DDs outflanked us , our cruisers tried their best but got deleted by the enemys BBs, while our DDs were "flanking" ...[edited]me. We tried to focus fire the enemy BBs to take out at least some damage , but DD Torps just started to mount incredible preassure.

One enemy DD thought " Oi, where are their DDs...are they flanking?" and yeah our great  DD flotilla lead by Admiral "Shitlord" got discovered mid map of their "flanking". 3 of our DDs got deleted and Admiral "Shitlord" was still flanking with half health. They only lost 4 ships and my team had Admiral "Shitlord" and myself left. I had no repairs left, only 2500 health left in my Normandie, so I switched to HE , took aim and shells flew 14 km and blew Admiral "Shitlord" in his shitty DD and his shittty "flanking" back to hell....the most satisfying kill I ever had. Back in port I saw I got 3 Karma points for that.

I'll take 2 CV games any day in a BB , because being depended on DDs sucks!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
14 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

I have switched from CVs to BBs and generally I enjoy playing BBs as long there is a CV in the match...because I'm seriously loathing the games in my BB without CVs and the reason are DDs.

I don't know why but somehow I end up with the most useless DDs in my team. The last game went over the top but gave me the most satisfying kill ever.

The match starts with 4 DDs and we all decide to go on the right flank (MAP Neighbors)...all except ALL four DDs! [edited]me! We begged , we plead, we commanded that at least one of them screen our approach. Nope they gonna "flank" while sailing on the farest point of the map. The battle starts , the enemy DDs screened for their fleet. Torps popping out of nowhere , I was lucky enough to be in Hydro Range and only ate one. it was a crap show. The enemy DDs outflanked us , our cruisers tried their best but got deleted by the enemys BBs, while our DDs were "flanking" ...[edited]me. We tried to focus fire the enemy BBs to take out at least some damage , but DD Torps just started to mount incredible preassure.

One enemy DD thought " Oi, where are their DDs...are they flanking?" and yeah our great  DD flotilla lead by Admiral "Shitlord" got discovered mid map of their "flanking". 3 of our DDs got deleted and Admiral "Shitlord" was still flanking with half health. They only lost 4 ships and my team had Admiral "Shitlord" and myself left. I had no repairs left, only 2500 health left in my Normandie, so I switched to HE , took aim and shells flew 14 km and blew Admiral "Shitlord" in his shitty DD and his shittty "flanking" back to hell....the most satisfying kill I ever had. Back in port I saw I got 3 Karma points for that.

I'll take 2 CV games any day in a BB , because being depended on DDs sucks!

So.. a replay perhaps? ..or some screenshots of the finishing touch?

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,424 posts

DD's are  very skill dependend to deliver anything more then an accidental cap that went well.

We all know most of them are pure trash, cap racing death cultists. Then there is another branch of more skilled death cultists that can sneak somewhwere and survive for the time being but kill themselves going after a CV in a remote corner of the map not contributing to their team at all before their certain and useless death.

Only a few of them can spot silently raking in hundreds of thousands in spotted damage ( this is the kind you are looking for )  meanwhile long range torpedoing hapless enemies.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
3,302 posts
14,059 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

DD's are  very skill dependend to deliver anything more then an accidental cap that went well.

We all know most of them are pure trash, cap racing death cultists. Then there is another branch of more skilled death cultists that can sneak somewhwere and survive for the time being but kill themselves going after a CV in a remote corner of the map not contributing to their team at all before their certain and useless death.

Only a few of them can spot silently raking in hundreds of thousands in spotted damage ( this is the kind you are looking for )  meanwhile long range torpedoing hapless enemies.

EDF4F478-544E-41EC-8B56-F6A9B56168B3.jpeg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[BBMM]
Players
5,785 posts
7,334 battles
56 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

EDF4F478-544E-41EC-8B56-F6A9B56168B3.jpeg

Yeah admit it... you wanna give him a thumbsup... but you cannot get yourself to press that button... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 8

Players
3,302 posts
14,059 battles
26 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yeah admit it... you wanna give him a thumbsup... but you cannot get yourself to press that button... :Smile_trollface:

Could not be further from the truth. I just see not point in even commenting... I mean yes a thumbs up :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
1,337 posts
9,904 battles
10 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

took aim and shells flew 14 km and blew Admiral "Shitlord" in his shitty DD and his shittty "flanking" back to hell....the most satisfying kill I ever had.

This is a wonderful "hypothetical" story. I think more or less most of us have felt the need to do the same. Alas, team kill is a bad thing, even though sometimes I could argue that it is justified or at least to say exhilarating and satisfying.

As a purely hypothetical story @loppantorkel, I think, @sgtmarple must not have a replay or screenshots to post.

Warm regards

Saltface

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,225 battles
12 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

. Back in port I saw I got 3 Karma points for that....

6QZ69ti.gif

Players
463 posts
1,490 battles
10 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I have to agree, despite being a destroyer player myself. Last night one match had 4 DDs per team, we all charged the centre and met in an orgy of smoke screens, torpedos and destruction. all 8 sunk in minutes, rest of match was rather quiet.

[MDLEP]
[MDLEP]
Players
105 posts
8,300 battles
12 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

The match starts with 4 DDs and we all decide to go on the right flank (MAP Neighbors)...

And if I get it right, you imply that’s a brilliant tactical move, spoiled by those dds...

:cap_wander:

Beta Tester
4,765 posts
19,887 battles
23 hours ago, sgtmarple said:

The match starts with 4 DDs and we all decide to go on the right flank (MAP Neighbors)...all except ALL four DDs! [edited]me!

Only possible answer to this:

Go to where the DDs  go, but never eat the yellow snow!

Or to understand it better: DDs are fast, BaBBies are slow... so when the DDs go to one side, the BaBBies just should go along with them instead of suiciding without a DD cover in front of them.

So for me it's "a not so bright team not following their DDs into battle but throwing a battle away"

• Cool 1

Players
466 posts
9,609 battles
On 6/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, sgtmarple said:

shells flew 14 km and blew Admiral "Shitlord" in his shitty DD and his shittty "flanking" back to hell....

I see you have one angry reaction to you're post.

You have truly made Shitlord angry, WELL DONE.

med.jpg.2c72c16764beff8e52c98fa9f6e0d4a6.jpg

Players
2,571 posts
11,389 battles
5 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Only possible answer to this:

Go to where the DDs  go, but never eat the yellow snow!

Or to understand it better: DDs are fast, BaBBies are slow... so when the DDs go to one side, the BaBBies just should go along with them instead of suiciding without a DD cover in front of them.

So for me it's "a not so bright team not following their DDs into battle but throwing a battle away"

I usually follow where the DDs go but base on what I understand from OP's post, the DDs literally did this (depending on where they spawn since OP didn't mention. Either way both are bad position):

Untitled.thumb.png.54f46c4eb365113c8b9d8b993ccdb37d.png

Are you saying that if all the DDs go to the map border, all the ships including should just follow them, ignore the cap points or allow the enemy a obstruction free route to the base cap?

What is the purpose of following the DDs when they are literally not doing anything that will help win the game? In fact if anything, the moment all those DDs went to the map border, they literally threw the game away, especially in a game with no CV, which means the only thing that can help with spotting is a DD. Even in a game with a CV that shouldn't happen unless left with no other choice. I don't understand why you would think that it is a good idea to follow DDs to the map border. 

Even if the DDs are not at the map border, why are they all lemming in 1 area while the team is at the other? At least 1 or 2 DD should have spawned at the direction the team is heading in and decided, "screw this we'll just go to the other side". IMO that is just another indication of poor play on the DDs part. If you have support coming your way why would you even go somewhere where you know you will not be getting any support?

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
268 posts
6,932 battles
7 hours ago, pra3y said:

I usually follow where the DDs go but base on what I understand from OP's post, the DDs literally did this (depending on where they spawn since OP didn't mention. Either way both are bad position):

Untitled.thumb.png.54f46c4eb365113c8b9d8b993ccdb37d.png

Are you saying that if all the DDs go to the map border, all the ships including should just follow them, ignore the cap points or allow the enemy a obstruction free route to the base cap?

What is the purpose of following the DDs when they are literally not doing anything that will help win the game? In fact if anything, the moment all those DDs went to the map border, they literally threw the game away, especially in a game with no CV, which means the only thing that can help with spotting is a DD. Even in a game with a CV that shouldn't happen unless left with no other choice. I don't understand why you would think that it is a good idea to follow DDs to the map border. 

Even if the DDs are not at the map border, why are they all lemming in 1 area while the team is at the other? At least 1 or 2 DD should have spawned at the direction the team is heading in and decided, "screw this we'll just go to the other side". IMO that is just another indication of poor play on the DDs part. If you have support coming your way why would you even go somewhere where you know you will not be getting any support?

What MM was there in the match, we know the OP was in a Norman. So that means Tier 6 through up to Tier 8 being possible. 

I.e. Perhaps there was Chappy, Cleveland, Belfast as cruisers in which case some caution was advisable. Even the DD MM may of been a factor. I.e. Lo Yang, Hsiengyang, Akizuki? 

Without seeing at least a shot of the MM before the hame or any of the final game screens I'm not going to draw a conclusion. 

It's easy to point the finger at DDs, tbh, you get it with any part or class within the game. There's always some lack of simple logic. 

Although they were most likely just poor players. 

To be honest since the CV rework, the quality of gameplay and player base has fallen significantly.

I had some yesterday call me out for cheating in a Salem as I used an Island for concealment.