Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeedHighDrag

B Command/Quick Command idea

10 comments in this topic

Players
392 posts
7,875 battles

Dear WG Developers,

Since, this is an international community of players (EU, etc). I was wondering if WG would like to add two or one more quick command option.

Primarily this being the use of either Radar and/or Hydroacoustic consumables. Just like requesting a Smoke within it. It would really be nice to add another Radar/Hydro request option with the B command/Quick Command rose. 

Main, reasons for this idea. Is that while typing in chat may be acceptable. To be more efficient to get the message across in the heat of battle. The Sound notification when others use "Smoke"/"Air", it gives the whole team the notification more effectively. The chat messages can be missed by the players very easily (one reason could be spam minimap pings/clicks), or some players have their Chat off completely. Making a request pretty much useless in battle.

I really hope that the WG Developers could look into this idea and implement it in upcoming patches.

Regards,

QuickCommands.jpg.0f241dfc26a922017bc843fe0d442b50.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,163 battles

+1

"On the way for assistance" on the command wheel would also be great.

Maybe WG can provide 50 commands with speech lines and we can pull those which

the player finds most useful on to the command wheel?

Further command wheel suggestions also in this thread, any additions welcome :)

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
232 posts
9,248 battles

No need for more commands, there's plenty already and not enough F keys for more commands. And who even uses the "command wheel" when you can do the same with a single key press?

EDIT: on the second thought, they could replace the useless swearword commamd with a radar request.

Edited by Gebe_
  • Cool 1

Players
1,633 posts
18,223 battles

They would be useful additions, but to avoid over complicating the command wheel it might be a good idea to get rid of the frustration command that says "dash it all" as no one ever uses it except when spamming f keys. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,869 posts
11,561 battles

We had a thread like this 2-3 years ago (when they first released the cammo rose). They could replace some of the regular lines with some better ones for sure.

New Lines like:

1. Im spotted!

2. Activate radar

3. Activate hydro

4. Its on cooldown (a response to the previous two)

And probably some else that are better then "Shi**t my timbers"! Wasent it Battlefield 3-4 that hade a pretty extensiv commo rose? 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,629 battles

The thing is that you need a couple of commands for strategic stuff (e.g. attack/def cap) and a couple of commands for tactical stuff (e.g. activate radar/hydro/smoke) AND ideally also a common understanding of the playerbase what those commands really mean, especially the strategic ones.

The are a couple of good commands that could easily replace the current ones or be added to the current ones, for example the "request assistance" command is way to general. What do you really need? Someone to support your push? AA defence? Scouting? Help vs an enemy DD?

I especially miss a command like "abandon cap" as it happens way too often that teammates randomly wander off to an unsupported cap just to die versus overwhelming odds (and yes I am already spamming "get back" on those ships wherever possible).

[ADRIA]
Players
232 posts
9,248 battles
1 minute ago, Ubertron_X said:

I especially miss a command like "abandon cap" as it happens way too often that teammates randomly wander off to an unsupported cap just to die versus overwhelming odds (and yes I am already spamming "get back" on those ships).

I think "get back" works well enough for that. On the other hand, "I need intelligence data" is way too generic when you want to ask for radar...

Something like "sorry" would be useful but I think typing in chat is good enough for that. Anyway, I'd prefer keeping only the really useful commands, thus the "@$#!*" command should definitely be replaced by something useful.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
51 posts
14,831 battles

Personally I do you use the command wheel sometimes but would use it more if there were some of the aforementioned options included, but another way could be to instead of just pinging the map maybe right click and have a couple of options there, like dd here or need help pushing here.

[BODEM]
Players
751 posts
6,804 battles
25 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Also add "torps on the way!" command.

This I personally would love, having DDs and soon the Yoshino xD Plus for all those 2nd line torpers :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this