You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

DD carries the game, CV gets the blame

84 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,405 posts

The enemy is steamrolled and complains. Another :etc_swear: CV match and curse me with damnations high and low. But i haven't been able to truely damage the enemy yet, just beginning to stack damage as CV do, haven't killed any ship yet either suffering low torpedo damage and non-existent damage on the pathetic GZ divebombs. . So the streamrolling is not my doing, i wasn't even supporting it but just torpedoing hapless BB with extreme speed GZ torpedo bombers for the damage score that is low enough and needs to stack the entire game, altenating divebombers that did nothing impressive either.

I told the enemy in chat that i suspected  - i saw extreme amounts of allied torpedo walls everywhere - that the DD were reponsible but was told i am a liar.

Then came the score overview. In top 4 scoring there are 3 DD. So DD players that cannot perform and BB and cruiser players thinking CV is their worst enemy...it is not.

Btw : what the hell is a Somers ?

WGF5.jpg

Edited by CptMinia
Changed to appropriate title.
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 1

Players
6,772 posts
245 battles

Premium tier 10 usa dd i think.

im suprised theres soo many dd’s out now despite the number of cv’s playing.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,177 posts
14,106 battles
8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

So the streamrolling is not my doing, i wasn't even supporting it but just torpedoing hapless BB with extreme speed GZ torpedo bombers for the damage score that is low enough and needs to stack the entire game,...

And that is your problem. Do not damage farm.

• Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,405 posts
Just now, LemonadeWarrior said:

No worries, we will never accuse you of steamrolling.

Someone did. And if they do again, im going to have to eat all chickens DD in the match. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,947 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

No worries, we will never accuse you of steamrolling.

How about being steamrolled? :fish_haloween:

• Funny 3

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,693 battles
20 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Another :etc_swear: CV match and curse me with damnations high and low. But i haven't been able to truely damage the enemy yet

Both somers and YY have long range torpedos. You spotted (either deliberatelyor accidentally) the best targets for the DDs to torp. Without CV spotting most of the reds would have been concealed and chance for torp hits would have been lower.

[JRM]
Players
6,286 posts
24,162 battles

Well 4 dds per side I dont know if I would go hunting them either TBH, you spend the entire match doing 50k damage, yes it is dd damage and pays well but still not to mention they will usually retreat near AA ships at some point so you will shed plaines like crazy esp in graf and T10 enviroment, damage farm might acctually be the best course of action for the cv here...

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And that is your problem. Do not damage farm.

Thats one of the problems with the current game, especially if you are a T8 up-tiered.  If you want to get a reasonable amount of credits , you are wasting your time throwing planes away trying to attack DDs and CL/CA. Much easer to find a big fat Musashi or similar and go backwards and forwards dropping torps into him.

The exception being Kremlin (and it’s even worse clone Slava) which has stupidly OP AA. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,405 posts
8 minutes ago, Altsak said:

Both somers and YY have long range torpedos. You spotted (either deliberatelyor accidentally) the best targets for the DDs to torp. Without CV spotting most of the reds would have been concealed and chance for torp hits would have been lower.

This is true....most of my score was from spotted damage that match, i noticed that when it was happening, spotted damage was 2x my direct damage.....maybe i should like ( OP or skilled ) DD more :Smile_honoring:

I did throw out some fighter consumables on them, along the way to torpedo these BB camping  in the back...

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Well 4 dds per side I dont know if I would go hunting them either TBH, you spend the entire match doing 50k damage, yes it is dd damage and pays well but still not to mention they will usually retreat near AA ships at some point so you will shed plaines like crazy esp in graf and T10 enviroment, damage farm might acctually be the best course of action for the cv here...

Agree. MM encourages damage farming on BBs. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,557 posts
23,761 battles

attention seeking dramaqueen..... nice to watch for foul entertainment, but better u keep ur distance :Smile_sceptic:

"ooh, one match, game's lost, company doomed, continent exploding, heaven's falling.... and someone did fart"....

someone can tell me at woat point we're at atm plz? thx :Smile_honoring::Smile_popcorn:

....even better, toptier in t8/10 match dd's, one wip....... i mean............... with only a halfway competent player/team :Smile_playing:............:Smile_facepalm:

goodshow, good show :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,056 battles

It probably doesn't help that the GZ doesn't do much damage each run, so being hit twice for 500 damage each feels more impactful than being hit once for. 1,000, at least from the other side. 

Players
3,296 posts
14,054 battles

Pffff that’s not even close to a steamroll. This is just a whine thread again. From the same boring whine thread spammer. You should thank the DD’s (most of your teams) for carrying you rather than start a thread against DD’s.

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,807 battles

A good CV player does not have to come top of the results, if the CV team plays then he spots for his team, denies the enemy caping, does damage to force DD and some CL’s out of there smoke and into the guns of his team etc, no different really to a radar ship radaring DD in there smoke etc etc.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,740 posts
5,280 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Btw : what the hell is a Somers ?

Upcoming USN DD, with 4x2 128mm guns, and 3x4 torpedo tubes.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,405 posts

Well today is certainly the day i see "exotic" types of DD i have never seen before ( although some are apparently in tech trees ) totally dominating matches.

One PanAsian one was (  might have closely cooperated with the other DD before i killed it  ) in smoke  all match long and meanwhile shot my aircraft. It torpedoed anything attempting to enter the cap aswell, including rival DD from that smoke, apparently not blinding itself all match long and aware of it surroundings despite being in smoke all match long.

What was going on there ? Left me in riddles. Same with that Somers....they have different mechanics from normal DD. But i think i recognise both used expanded smoke, making it difficult to kill them in smoke guessing where they are....a skill not much others take.

[-AP-]
Players
2,494 posts
6,082 battles
31 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

One PanAsian one was (  might have closely cooperated with the other DD before i killed it  ) in smoke  all match long and meanwhile shot my aircraft. It torpedoed anything attempting to enter the cap aswell, including rival DD from that smoke,

Thats funny, because pan asian dds get deepwater torpedoes which cannot hit destroyers....

• Funny 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,405 posts
7 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Thats funny, because pan asian dds get deepwater torpedoes which cannot hit destroyers....

The other one was not PanAsian...only the high scoring one in permanent smoke that obviously killed  (multiple) BB's then. Because they were using expanded smoke - rare thing as far i have seen  -  it was pretty hard to kill even one of them, and only because he thought he could escape the area.

Players
3,296 posts
14,054 battles
7 minutes ago, thiextar said:

He's :etc_swear: clueless isn't he. 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,286 posts
24,162 battles
3 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

A good CV player does not have to come top of the results, if the CV team plays then he spots for his team, denies the enemy caping, does damage to force DD and some CL’s out of there smoke and into the guns of his team etc, no different really to a radar ship radaring DD in there smoke etc etc.

And is bottom 2-3 places in the score, right after the yoloing tirpitz

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,837 battles

you guys really need to tone down on the near insulting toxicity you throw towards beast, just saying. I'm obviously not a mod i'm not saying you arent allowed but it's a bit much at this point.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,345 posts
25,561 battles
1 minute ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

you guys really need to tone down on the near insulting toxicity you throw towards beast, just saying. I'm obviously not a mod i'm not saying you arent allowed but it's a bit much at this point.

Not creating daily topics about poor CV-s who get murdered by OP DD-s might help.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,177 posts
14,106 battles
4 hours ago, gustywinds said:

Thats one of the problems with the current game, especially if you are a T8 up-tiered.  If you want to get a reasonable amount of credits , you are wasting your time throwing planes away trying to attack DDs and CL/CA. Much easer to find a big fat Musashi or similar and go backwards and forwards dropping torps into him.

The exception being Kremlin (and it’s even worse clone Slava) which has stupidly OP AA. 

That is a personal problem, not a problem with MM. Other CV players deal just fine with that.

• Bad 1