You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMSmurf

Abuse

202 comments in this topic

[BKT]
Players
7 posts
2,685 battles

First post.

I am getting an awful lot of abuse post game.

You are crap give up. 

Noob take up lego

Your stats suck delete the game.

Doesn't bother me at all. love the game and actually I think I'm not bad.

Does anyone else get this? Off putting for people with thinner skins.

NB on stats - I have not spent a penny on this game. Max lvl 8 ships. I always pick hardest difficulty and end up fighting X and IX which makes the game pretty hard. Won't stop me though. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
6 posts
83 battles

The PC gaming community at its finest.

Also, the modern sense of anonymity whilst online has empowered people to say things they would not wish to be associated with their real identity due to the obvious repercussions they would experience if they said such things face to face/ without the safety of an alias.

Mind over matter, whereby if one does not mind then it does not matter. :cap_like:

• Cool 5

[CU]
Players
174 posts
14,311 battles

Its mercifully pretty rare. WoWs community better than most.

Don't let it put you off if you are enjoying the game.

• Cool 3

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
739 posts
5,581 battles

People insulting others fail in the game themselves and then try to "win" a word battle...As their ship is already down in the ocean.

If you get a death threat or similar after a match, make a screenshot and create a support ticket.

Such serious threats can get a few weeks or a permanent game account ban.

Just make sure to not get involved, in replies to the offender and such.

You also can deactivate in-game chat with mods,

good players use the in-game commands and/or talk over voice with their mates.

If you enjoy silence, that can be nice too.

If you do not perform text chat, players can file 10000 in-game reports against you,

nothing will ever happen.

One also does not see the toilet paper roll of crap being texted during matches, with deactivated in-game chat.

Happy WoWs, wishing you dear @HMSmurf a nice weekend :)

:crab:

1 hour ago, HMSmurf said:

First post.

You are crap give up. 

Noob take up lego

NB on stats - I have not spent a penny on this game. Max lvl 8 ships. I always pick hardest difficulty and end up fighting X and IX which makes the game pretty hard. Won't stop me though. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,061 posts
9,062 battles

Whilst it can be demotivating getting such messages post game, it may be an interesting social experiment to ask the player sending you such messages a question in return:

"Dear XXXX, thank you for your feedback. I wish to improve for future games. What should I have done better?" :Smile-_tongue:

Sometimes these players are just fed up with the game and they are looking for a scapegoat to vent their frustrations on. So do not take it personal mate. It is actually really sad behaviour and says alot about the person in question.

I will admit that in the past I've sent messages such as the one you received and I am not proud of it. But one conversation with a player really made me change my attitude. He sucked that game, I raged and flamed him afterwards in a pm. To which he replied something along these lines: "Mate, I work 60hr weeks as a doctor and I just play a couple of games after work to chill down. I do not care about winrate and I do not care about stats. It is ok if you do but always remember not everyone is focussed on winning. For some people this is their moment to unwind."

Really made me think.

image.jpeg.653291e60286f6ba68bc5f62d2de1a1d.jpeg

You probably have way more important stuff to be concerned about. :cap_like:

• Cool 12

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,141 battles

I get these too - and many reports sinking my "karma" - but the brunt of it in CV and obviously not because i "suck" but because they sink.

And i don't care at all. Karma is 0 most of the time anyway and can't sink bwlow that, not does it do anything to hurt my playing.

Many playes just hate CV, others feel better - likely no life individuals - trying to stat shame others. But the error of their thinking is you care about stats at all. This is merely a nice game, no accomplishment in life. Thus those idiots - that is what they are - can be ignored with their ranting.

I have thought about shutting chat off, if possible, but that would mean i cannot see positive play communication either. Valid requests for backup instead of redicuous demands and acusations. valid warnings you are in danger that you didn't notice yet yourself, expecially in a CV busy attacking in aircraft. So i will leave it on.

Players that disrespect other players to earn the label not worth reading what they say  can be easiliy identified : they use words as potato, tomato or other vegetables. Or worse.

Players so misled that they think this game is so important in life you should insult others over it.....probably hop about and howl at the moon, lol.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
17,371 posts
11,714 battles
8 hours ago, HMSmurf said:

First post.

You are crap give up. 

Noob take up lego

You can report them.

• Bad 2

[NOCAP]
Players
340 posts
14,785 battles

@Beastofwar Have you ever considered that it is a multiplayer PvP game and some people really REALLY like winning?

• Cool 9

[WWGU]
Players
481 posts
8,277 battles
8 hours ago, HMSmurf said:

First post.

You are crap give up. 

Noob take up lego

Welcome to you and to the forum.

As others have said above it isn't personal. And people do stupid things online thinking that there is no comeback.

There is an option to Ignore Text Messages from a person in battle and in port you can add them to your black list.

Sometimes it's worth doing. (It won't stop you meeting them in battle again but they can't flame you afterwards.)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
334 posts
13,806 battles
22 minutes ago, OttoZander said:

@Beastofwar Have you ever considered that it is a multiplayer PvP game and some people really REALLY like winning?

nope, he is too full of himself ....

it is he who has all the right answers. one could call him omnipotent

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
5,521 posts
8,172 battles
8 hours ago, onderschepper said:

I'm pretty sure console CoD kids are more than willing to give you a lesson in invective usage

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,535 posts
9,821 battles
8 hours ago, onderschepper said:

Are you implying that "the console gaming community" is better in that regard?

• Funny 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,141 battles
1 hour ago, OttoZander said:

That does not mean they need to insult other players does it ?

Such frustration means you lost the sense this is only a silly computer game meant to amuse you. Not some serious life accomplishment.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
334 posts
13,806 battles
31 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

That does not mean they need to insult other players does it ?

Such frustration means you lost the sense this is only a silly computer game meant to amuse you. Not some serious life accomplishment.

some people dont find it amusing to lose battle after battle because smbdy is here to just sail around. for that there are co-op and training room ...

• Cool 6

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,685 posts
8,648 battles

Getting abuse post-game isn't cool unless it's provoked by your own chatting during the battle.

I'm all for criticising bad play during an ongoing game. But it should be kept to battle chat.

Obviously personal attacks not pertaining to the game is never okay.

That being said...

10 hours ago, HMSmurf said:

love the game and actually I think I'm not bad.

Unfortunately you are objectively a bad player. Try to accept that and improve.

There are many good videos on YouTube, both on specific aspects of the game if you can identify where you need help, and also more general "games with commentary" where you can just see how better players spend their time in battle.

You're at that level where you don't need to practice any advanced tactics, just try to pick up good habits and get rid of bad ones.

Good luck and happy sailing.

Players
995 posts

You know you can hide your stats though some people :fish_book: in game will make an issue out of that. Had an incredibly toxic team yesterday, not everyone, of course. They won but that time I hoped I had been on the losing team, funnily enough...

Previously, when I still had a Polish user name in game, I sank a Gerrman :Smile_izmena: who was quick enough to come up with one word after that, 'Pole!'. Then after I changed my username I got stuff like 'slit eyed rice beaner' and... 'Go back to Hiroshima and look for Green' (I don't know who this Mr. Green is...:Smile_unsure:)... but try not to let this get to you. At least in this game you can't turn blue, but you can turn pink just try to avoid that, too!

Welcome to the Forum and koun wo (good luck)! :Smile_honoring:

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
237 posts
9,881 battles

Ignore them. If you like, share a screenshot of the messages you get with clan mates and laugh about him. Don't bother replying. If you feel like it, send the screenshot to support and report the player.

• Cool 1

Players
1,227 posts
3,640 battles

I don't get these not as I want them,but isn't there a setting whee you can stop these, ie; not receive mails etc

Players
1,227 posts
3,640 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

You know you can hide your stats though some people :fish_book: in game will make an issue out of that. Had an incredibly toxic team yesterday, not everyone, of course. They won but that time I hoped I had been on the losing team, funnily enough...

Previously, when I still had a Polish user name in game, I sank a Gerrman :Smile_izmena: who was quick enough to come up with one word after that, 'Pole!'. Then after I changed my username I got stuff like 'slit eyed rice beaner' and... 'Go back to Hiroshima and look for Green' (I don't know who this Mr. Green is...:Smile_unsure:)... but try not to let this get to you. At least in this game you can't turn blue, but you can turn pink just try to avoid that, too!

Welcome to the Forum and koun wo (good luck)! :Smile_honoring:

How do you hide your stats, I never did know.

Players
300 posts
14,026 battles

It is a pity that this happens but honestly I would recommend you just ignore it, usually it's always either someone you killed or one of the bottom 2 performers on your own team. 

If its especially bad bad you can always screen shot it and send in to WG with a support ticket, but As there will always be idiots in this world best I can suggest is just laugh at them and not let it get to you. 

[PN]
Players
624 posts
4,346 battles
1 hour ago, Kysmet said:

Ignore them.

The best advise

Never answer back. Keep your cool and behave like a serious person.

2 hours ago, Nechrom said:

and improve.

This is also very good advise 

Welcome to the Forum and to the Game

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 1

Players
189 posts
4,827 battles
12 hours ago, HMSmurf said:

Off putting for people with thinner skins.

If people with thinner skins don't want to see or hear mean words they're welcome to forgo all social interaction beyond professionally vetted environments.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles

12 hours ago, HMSmurf said:

First post.

You are crap give up. 

Noob take up lego

welcome to the forums blue man :Smile_honoring:

besides the quality of what u get, i just want to link u ur actual stats so u can go through there urself:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/560272292,HMSmurf/

don't take this offensive, it is meant as help. by looking at stats like potential damage, survival rate, damage done in corralation to xp earned (xp for dmg is taken into account percentively, so est. 50% dmg on a dd is worth like 50% damage on a bb).

u are not a good player overall, which not means u suck every round or don't have ships that ur good at. it just means that u would need to reflect ur play so u would have a point from where to improve on.

best of luck and good hunting :Smile_honoring:

on a note: check youtube channels i heard em say

u will note that when improving it's gonna become less with the haters.... up to a certain point from which on it will become more again, just gonna change to cheetah :D.... and thats a safe bet if u play cv xD....

• Cool 2

[J4XP2]
[J4XP2]
Players
20 posts
9,581 battles

If someone is particularly toxic, you can add them to your Blacklist. They will not be able to PM you, and if you come across them again, their nick is colored black in game.

One of the most satisfying moments this past week was when after a ranked game in which one of the BBs in my team was telling me how bad I was (was playing my CV), we met again next match and he was on the red team. After the DDs were dead and our team was winning, I sank him. Maybe it changed his opinion... maybe :-)

Players
995 posts
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

How do you hide your stats, I never did know.

From the WG website you can choose your WoWS account overview. There is a setting right there where you can set your 'Profile privacy' to 'Private'. :Smile_Default: