You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Filthy_Scrublord

Captain Jingles

77 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
110 posts
14,636 battles

I have watched the video released by Jingles himself this evening, and it is TERRIBLE. Why do I say this? Because WG have seriously dropped the ball here, the lines are dull monotone and boring. Only two lines really stand out, but for opposite reasons...."It's a paddlin!" and "fire fire fire". The first is classic Jingles and I was so pleased it was done, the second is irritating and is in my opinion the worst line of all.

It defies logic why WG would dumb down what is without doubt one of the best personalities associated with WoWS, up until the point I watched the video I was really looking forward to attaining Jingles as a ship captain, now though...…..I'm really not sure if I will even bother now.

WarGaming PLEASE, get him back and give him lines that work...not this tripe. Hell, just get him into a studio in England a email the damned files if necessary.

This is a disastrous screw up, fix it!!

• Cool 7

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

Well, I agree with the fire fire fire one.

For the rest, even though it sounds a bit monotone I find it ok.

The ennemy is about to win! Hopefully they'll do something stupid :)

I need more daka!

Some are really good :)

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,500 posts
6,093 battles

There are like 3 good lines, but most of them are really bland. Also doesnt help that wargaming used the voice filters to the best of their abilities to hide jingles voice and make it sound like the default commander.

• Cool 6

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,888 battles

I took the monotone as Jingles trying to sound professional and calm. Though if they did want him to re-record his lines they could do that without him getting another holiday out of it; Wargaming opened an office in Guildford last year and then bought Edge Case Games, which was based in that town, and moved those staff to the new place. Edge Case Games being the people behind Fractured Space, which had/has a Mighty Jingles captain. So I think Jingles was lucky to get a holiday out of winning The Ring rather than them saying "Those people recorded your voice fine for their game, you may as well only go halfway to London and let them do it again rather than come all the way over here." :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

Also doesnt help that wargaming used the voice filters to the best of their abilities to hide jingles voice and make it sound like the default commander.

Well, they don't want to repeat the mistakes of Ovetchkin captain...

His voice is so terrible it's even funny sometimes.

In comparison Jingles voice recording is a masterpiece.

Players
2,571 posts
11,389 battles

What about "there is a chance we may actually win this" and ".... hopefully they'll do something stup1d" or am i the only one that heard those 2 lines :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I heard the word 'arse' in one of his phrases while watching Flambass yesterday (or was it Flamu?). I vaguely recall it was something like 'let's give them a good arse kicking'.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,831 posts
15,781 battles

Voice acting is more difficult than people thought... who knew? I was a bit puzzled that they had to fly him out to Russia for a recording session. Surely it would have been cheaper to do it in London with direction via Skype? I've done sessions from London when the players were in Prague... works fine.

• Cool 1

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
3,944 battles

Isn't there the line "help......HELP!!!!!"?

If there is. That's my favorite one.

Players
9,859 posts
11,573 battles
5 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

Well, they don't want to repeat the mistakes of Ovetchkin captain...

His voice is so terrible it's even funny sometimes.

In comparison Jingles voice recording is a masterpiece.

I've yet to hear his voiceover, but guessing it can't beat Seagull no matter what.

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,714 battles

I like the lines. Absolutely no shits about how they sound. To me they're great.

[ORM]
Players
136 posts
3,621 battles

it needs a kitten meowing randomly in the background 

i wonder if we could have a special version available at Christmas each year ? they could change the uniform to a santa suit, add in a few "ho ho ho remarks" and call it

the mighty jingles bells 

• Funny 1

Players
6,794 posts
245 battles

Just need an el2azer captain now, sarcastic remarks, swearing, waifu glory and trolly comments!

or maybe captains of the more (in)famous forumites.

does it have the famous jingles laugh and any salt mine comments?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,044 battles
Just now, CptBarney said:

Just need an el2azer captain now, sarcastic remarks, swearing, waifu glory and trolly comments!

or maybe captains of the more (in)famous forumites.

giph3y.gif

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,414 posts
15,612 battles

Agree with sentiments above. Jingles in known for being jovial and he sounds quite frankly boring in the bit I saw. Having said that, all 'joke' captains grate after a while if their lines are designed to be funny. Amusing the first time but simply annoying the 100th. They certainly photo-shopped him well though - almost officer material!

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,790 posts
17,324 battles

I hope he doesn't get special skills; I find the anime girls more pleasant* to listen to.

(* less annoying)

[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,044 battles
16 minutes ago, lup3s said:

I hope he doesn't get special skills; I find the anime girls more pleasant* to listen to.

(* less annoying)

Are you joking right now?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,790 posts
17,324 battles
54 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Are you joking right now?

Probably just a personal taste, but I find this voice-over quite annoying. (I generally like Jingles' voice at his videos)

But using "more pleasant" was a joke ... both aren't pleasant as both are annoying, just the one more than the other.

(after all ... the Steven Seagull and Ovetchkin voice-overs were such high quality :Smile_smile:)

If he does get special skills, I'll just have to change the voice-over language each time I sail a ship with Capt. Jingles. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,792 posts
7,356 battles

By now there should be a mod-pack that changes the voices... 

I even have one for my Tom-Tom device. Most games have it.

Jeezzz!

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,692 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Sounds about as entertained as this guy

No thanks - I'll take Jingles!