Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

the hippo in the bathtub aKa the naval elephant in the room

29 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles

edit:

with the initial topic being pased on to the important crowd i grant this thread for any "elephant in the room" on might discovers for onself. njoy and keep it civil (if gonna used at all)

speaking as one who luvs the spam each time it's up again :Smile_trollface::Smile_bajan2::Smile_hiding:... plz, for members who do not care 'bout naval battle format, just enable it by default and let the interested ones choose to unable it if they don't want to take on their attempts. thx!

+ 4 the record:

2608815448_7a5d1ae189_b.jpg

thoughts welcome

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
1 minute ago, AirSupremacy said:

Looks like a Musashi !

:cap_haloween:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=10443598

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
10 hours ago, B0Tato said:

+1

... i read that as a request :Smile_great: ;D....

anyways, might as well just tag'n ask directly, as the matter itself not seems too controversively..... yet :Smile_veryhappy:....

@MrConway @Sehales ... is there a reason besides "we don't want people to waste their attempts", or something along the lines "we want the clans to get closer together in this", etc....?

because, while in theory that might sound good, in the daily game it derives to quite some attempts not taken at all. f.e. in my case, if it wasn't by clanchat"spam" i'd never would realize the reset, as i not pay that much attention on it in general (though use my attempts when aware).

others might even not bother to activate for whatever reason, while every member not participatnig sets the clan in an off postition. while a lot of attempts simply not get taken on while they would count if the dang option would be on by default. this way we'd no more wasted ressources clanwise (read: players attempts), as they're taken on by defalut anyway, while the ones who are into it could use their attempts, aiming on filling the gaps.

---> real clan vs clan, atm it's just an "elite show" (fits somehow, may someone got a better description. ^sry, i'm german :Smile_trollface:).

:Smile_coin:

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,926 battles
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

It is indeed! ;)

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,460 battles
22 hours ago, MrWastee said:

large.png

thoughts welcome

You are welcome. :Smile_coin::Smile_honoring:

However since WG is excluding any game mode I am still able to play, it does matter little to me. Sucks ofc for my clan which are effectively and perpetually one man down .....

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
16 hours ago, havaduck said:

You are welcome. :Smile_coin::Smile_honoring:

However since WG is excluding any game mode I am still able to play, it does matter little to me. Sucks ofc for my clan which are effectively and perpetually one man down .....

well, i do see a problem with including coops, as atm the bars are measured per xp. may could be adjusted for coop battles, but i see no reason to not include the ops' which give out good rewards xp-wise.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,460 battles

co-op imho is way to much rng driven (like to WG-stupid-levels of random): class you are playing vs classes the others play or if there are even humans at all on your team; and ofc the shitty map you get to get a curve ball on top. Nothing beats the good old battleship on the wrong flank with nothing to shoot at on huge empty map with just half the ships to populate it to begin with.

However, having OPS as a separate condition that could earn victory points ........ could work. I think there are probably more than a few pve clans out there getting screwed by this anyway.  .......... and at least I could uphold the virtues of windowlicking and Pony there.

I mean this is really tricky:

I cant exactly do that every time I play, for I am to bad of a player to counter the superb sabotage you see executed flawlessly all to often, but sometimes I do get decent results.

R0qlyeo.png

However what are you gonna do?

Division up? Thats gonna lower your xp (usually, and you kill count definitely :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface::Smile_honoring:).

Play Solo? Oh the gamble! Winning even possible? With 5 stars? and MUH damage on top?

Do a bare bones division with 4 players? You always risk not getting 5 stars and if you do pull it off you deserve the rewards - imho.

I agree it wouldnt be a necessity but with Sky Cancer having metastasized into ranked, and CB already being a Clan ranking on its own ....... well there isnt much left, is there? Especially how much ops players have suffered thanks to Sky Cancer already!

Happy Hippo rides for all I say! :fish_happy:

539873.gif

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
30 minutes ago, havaduck said:

[...]

Happy Hippo rides for all I say! :fish_happy:

539873.gif

...perfectly sums it up :cap_haloween::Smile_great:

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
On 6/8/2019 at 12:05 PM, MrWastee said:

anyways, might as well just tag'n ask directly, as the matter itself not seems too controversively..... yet :Smile_veryhappy:....

@MrConway @Sehales ... is there a reason besides "we don't want people to waste their attempts", or something along the lines "we want the clans to get closer together in this", etc....?

because, while in theory that might sound good, in the daily game it derives to quite some attempts not taken at all. f.e. in my case, if it wasn't by clanchat"spam" i'd never would realize the reset, as i not pay that much attention on it in general (though use my attempts when aware).

others might even not bother to activate for whatever reason, while every member not participatnig sets the clan in an off postition. while a lot of attempts simply not get taken on while they would count if the dang option would be on by default. this way we'd no more wasted ressources clanwise (read: players attempts), as they're taken on by defalut anyway, while the ones who are into it could use their attempts, aiming on filling the gaps.

---> real clan vs clan, atm it's just an "elite show" (fits somehow, may someone got a better description. ^sry, i'm german :Smile_trollface:).

Its meant to be a clan vs. clan effort so it is up to the clan and its commander to ensure people are aware of it and participate. If you are being dragged down by people not enabling the attempts, you should try talking to them. Even if they don't want to fully engage with the system you can probably convince them to just switch it on.

• Boring 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

Its meant to be a clan vs. clan effort so it is up to the clan and its commander to ensure people are aware of it and participate. If you are being dragged down by people not enabling the attempts, you should try talking to them. Even if they don't want to fully engage with the system you can probably convince them to just switch it on.

*sigh*

On 6/8/2019 at 12:05 PM, MrWastee said:

[...] ... is there a reason besides "we don't want people to waste their attempts", or something along the lines "we want the clans to get closer together in this", etc....?

...1st off thx 4 posting :Smile_honoring:....but i gotta say i'm sry, i can't read an actual answer out of what u did write on what i did write ;P ...

nice in theory, but in reality it is far from a real clan vs clan imo!

i mean, "probably convince them".... can u imagine that some might even be annoyed by being reminded to switch on again and again and again and again and again... and then simply stop caring? is that a good thing for the clan?! imho it's not, it's rather lack in design, desigend to most likely being annoying from a certain point on.

the other way round it would be way easier to sell the members the progression and effort/reward relation. even acting tactical in sense of a clan vs clan competition would be easier, as the "non-caring-peasants" would gain the mass, while the interested ones could tweak by playing certain missing bars....

so, i kindly would ask u to give a real answer outside those standard lines ;P :Smile_glasses::Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

*sigh*

...1st off thx 4 posting :Smile_honoring:....but i gotta say i'm sry, i can't read an actual answer out of what u did write on what i did write ;P ...

nice in theory, but in reality it is far from a real clan vs clan imo!

i mean, "probably convince them".... can u imagine that some might even be annoyed by being reminded to switch on again and again and again and again and again... and then simply stop caring? is that a good thing for the clan?! imho it's not, it's rather lack in design, desigend to most likely being annoying from a certain point on.

the other way round it would be way easier to sell the members the progression and effort/reward relation. even acting tactical in sense of a clan vs clan competition would be easier, as the "non-caring-peasants" would gain the mass, while the interested ones could tweak by playing certain missing bars....

so, i kindly would ask u to give a real answer outside those standard lines ;P :Smile_glasses::Smile_bajan2:

I see what you mean, but I think if it was enabled by default many would not even be aware that the system exists.

Ultimately the rewards benefit the clan as a whole, so the idea is that the clan as a whole has to consciously contribute to it.

And I don't think a weekly reminder to push one button is a hard thing to do.

If you have suggestions on how to make it easier to engage with aside from just enabling it by default, please let me know!

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,603 battles
19 minutes ago, MrConway said:

If you have suggestions on how to make it easier to engage with aside from just enabling it by default, please let me know!

How about a splash screen for Clan members "similar to" Victory Competition splash screen to opt in every valid game with a valid ship when the a player has available tries left?

A bit draconian, but it isn't the "Opt In by Default".

They would stop if the player used up their attempts,  or wouldn't show if the player went to Operations, used a Commonwealth (or similar) ship where there is no Naval Battle tiers.

Obviously it wouldn't show if the Clan isn't participating or the player isn't part of a Clan.

[-TAP-]
Players
276 posts
7,947 battles
23 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I see what you mean, but I think if it was enabled by default many would not even be aware that the system exists.

Ultimately the rewards benefit the clan as a whole, so the idea is that the clan as a whole has to consciously contribute to it.

At the risk of overloading the port UI system, would it be an option to have a splash screen on the first load-in to the game after Naval Battles become live notifying the user that NBs are available, with the selectable option to enable/disable (similar to the current daily login option to choose Honour/Glory)? At least that way people need to make a conscious decision not to enable Naval Battles, but it also prevents the issue of accidentally using them up without realising you'd get if it was enabled by default.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

thx again!

see, actually exactly that is the case:

if certain people are not on, no one kicks around each week to enable "again", the system practically does not exist to players that don't really care. and that's where my suggestion kicks in, as that way the ones aware of it could do the fine tuning bar-wise while the clan in whole would participate by default. atm that not is the case, with a high probabilty of not being represented at all. odd for a clan vs clan setting imo.

neverhteless, ofc i want to contribute, and so i could see f.e. the commander ('s staff) to mark certain players for certain ships or to completely mark players for certain ammounts of attempts or such. so, as commanders are supposed to run around and remind the whole of a (ofc not always being on at the same time) clan why not simply give em the full control?

attempts could be given out by number of players, like 10 per player while a single player can't take more than 15. why 15? coz there're players in clans who only play lowtiers, coop, ops or likewise. thus, these players are atm nothing but dead weight in regard to the competition anyway (sadly). the point "convince em to play pvp" is invalid in this regard! who am i to tell em?!......

why not more? simply to avoid all attempts taken by like a single player.

the commander could work with htose interested or simply spread attempts like he feels like, with chance to waste em. but still, at least the potential would be used, not wasted in many cases like atm. and, while i think this the most improtant point, it would reduce the social pressure to "hit the button", even more in light of players that simply do not play the needed modes to be able to reach the higher bars!

(not real examples!!!):

"hey press button"

"why u did not participate"

"we're short just some points, PLAY PVP"

(just a rather nice worded collection of possibilities)

edit:

just on a sidenote, i did spot another hippo in another bathtub... and that's the , most obvious!!111!1!1!!, black perma camo for the uss black. which is exsiting, just not on the black lol.... and now don't plz tell "but there might gonna be a uss black....-B"...:Smile_trollface::Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles

Thanks for the suggestions guys. We'll discuss it and at least look into a way to remind the people who have not been participating to do their part for their clan :)

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. We'll discuss it and at least look into a way to remind the people who have not been participating to do their part for their clan :)

that's all one could have hoped for, and therefore: thank u! :Smile_honoring:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles

...as i really never understood how one not could instantly come on that ship when -B ships were introduced:

black perma camo for uss black.... NAO plz!!!!

i mean, what could be more obvious be missing?!?!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,525 battles
7 hours ago, MrConway said:

I actually agree with you on this one, sorry  @MrWastee. I like the Enable disable mode.and think it should be disabled by default.

However it douse need to be informed better.

Possible solution.  maybe have some way Clan leaders can post notes to there Clan.. Clan chat douse not work as there seams to be a completely random amount of time posts stay up.. Maybe a way to have a pop up information from clan leadership on log in.. in the same way we get pop up from WG. OK this meens Clan leadership can SPAM.. if they do the clan just needs to Mutiny ... :Smile_izmena:

Another option most people check there missions put a note in mission tab

Possible easiest option to enable.. when mission active put some sort of notification on the naval battles TAB in the same way we get the WG icon on our profile tab when we get a new Collectible or badge available. at the moment there is no difference to Naval battle tab when the missions are live or not Live

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,550 posts
23,709 battles
16 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

I actually agree with you on this one, sorry  @MrWastee. I like the Enable disable mode.and think it should be disabled by default.

However it douse need to be informed better.

Possible solution.  maybe have some way Clan leaders can post notes to there Clan.. Clan chat douse not work as there seams to be a completely random amount of time posts stay up.. Maybe a way to have a pop up information from clan leadership on log in.. in the same way we get pop up from WG. OK this meens Clan leadership can SPAM.. if they do the clan just needs to Mutiny ... :Smile_izmena:

Another option most people check there missions put a note in mission tab

Possible easiest option to enable.. when mission active put some sort of notification on the naval battles TAB in the same way we get the WG icon on our profile tab when we get a new Collectible or badge available. at the moment there is no difference to Naval battle tab when the missions are live or not Live

:Smile_ohmy:.... that's fine dude, gonna tk u on next best occasion :Smile_playing::Smile_child:....

i'm actually fine with anything bringing it closer to an actual clan vs. clan than the mentioned chatspam. nothing 'gainst the guys doin' it, even more appreciated under given system! but i just think it doesn't suffice the way it is designed now, as in doubt a lot attempts all in all are not taken and kinda skewing the competition :Smile_honoring:.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,525 battles
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

:Smile_ohmy:.... that's fine dude, gonna tk u on next best occasion :Smile_playing::Smile_child:....

i'm actually fine with anything bringing it closer to an actual clan vs. clan than the mentioned chatspam. nothing 'gainst the guys doin' it, even more appreciated under given system, but i just think it doesn't suffice the way it is designed now :Smile_honoring:

I agree.. there is absolutely NO notification Naval battles are available... this is not good.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles
21 hours ago, T0byJug said:

I knew there was a reason I made you a quality poaster :P

I will check!

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,525 battles
2 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I knew there was a reason I made you a quality poaster :P

I will check!

God its taken me that long to prove myself..... I am a failure..... :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,374 posts
15,262 battles
On 6/9/2019 at 3:49 PM, havaduck said:

R0qlyeo.png

Hacker... :Smile_hiding:

21 hours ago, T0byJug said:

I agree.. there is absolutely NO notification Naval battles are available... this is not good. 

I don't think I want to have yet another unremovable banner all over my screen, as I had during Clan Battles...

43 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

(...) I am a failure..... :Smile_amazed:

As certaing torpedo run had proven... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this