Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Good aa change on pts

58 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,850 posts
6,898 battles

aa dps now always targets one plane at a time, so the feeling of no counterplay should be a bit better.

Finally a good change by wargaming and they don't announce it :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Players
1,423 posts
8,856 battles

I just wonder, why not just manually use the AA like in Battlestations Pacific? (where you could manually use them or just leave them at automatic mode, albeit they would fire more slowly). In that case it's a either choise between using your main guns or your AA (In Battlestations pacific if you change to AA the main guns would still fire automatically, but with a much worse acurracy).
it would be a fair trade. The target ship would have the chance to defend itself from enemy planes and the cv player would know that, despite the fact he might have his planes erased at least he caused a hinder in the target´s damage output. Which means he indirectly helped his team anyways.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
11 minutes ago, thiextar said:

At least there's a reason for that. ^^

60 points · 2 hours ago

So, some clarification here:

1. Yes, it's a test of DPS application overhaul.

2. We did not announce it because wanted to see how it feels and how it changes the perception of AA. We sitill won't announce it to general public for now, as "feels" are extremely important to measure. Although, for those of you who already discovered it - feel free to let us know what you think :-)

3. It's still WIP, as everything we test.

4. However, if we're happy with this test, it may go live very soon as an important step towards community feedback on AA consistency.

Have a good day.

Also good job on discovering it so soon. Reddit at its best.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,840 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

aa dps now always targets one plane at a time, so the feeling of no counterplay should be a bit better.

Have you considered the the consequence of this ?

Previously damage was spread over all the aircraft which meant aircraft werent killed before they could drop weapons, but suddenly start to drop like flies. This prevented follow up atttacks as already seriously damaged aircraft suddenly get mass killed.

Now an attacking squadron loses aircraft faster, but the ones that continue are full health instead of all of them damaged. This means folow up attacks can be done with full health aircraft, just fewer of them

I am unsure if this is a nerf, a buff or in fact has unchanged end results.

I do know each time a plane is killed the aiming reticule jerks violently making aiming very difficult. If this is to happen all approach long it will be a change that makes CV play unenjoyable.....if that is so, it will probably not make it to the live server.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

still noobs will die from glorious pilots... still guys like OP wiil cry on bottom of the see...

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

before any noob go blabing about cv main - last 90 battles - DDs are clearly unplayable 

Capture.PNG

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,840 battles
9 minutes ago, veslingr said:

before any noob go blabing about cv main - last 90 battles

Capture.PNG

Yeah i already noticed it.....2 patches ago  and before that i was top 1-3 scoring in a CV nearly always on the winning side or the losing side.

Now i am scoring between pos 3 and 6, rarely getting 1st position in a winning match.  I don't mind that at all, but it means other ships perform (much) better. You don't read that back in the many CV whines, it seems they didn't notice that change and only take note if an elite CV player had a good match and is the exception.

Given my damage results have not changed...something else has.  Noticable in the graphic too : high damage, low WR.

[-AP-]
Players
2,850 posts
6,898 battles
10 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Previously damage was spread over all the aircraft which meant aircraft werent killed before they could drop weapons, but suddenly start to drop like flies. This prevented follow up atttacks as already seriously damaged aircraft suddenly get mass killed.

Now an attacking squadron loses aircraft faster, but the ones that continue are full health instead of all of them damaged. This means folow up attacks can be done with full health aircraft, just fewer of them

Still the same overall damage, so ignoring flak, the entire squadron will die at exactly the same speed. The only difference is that the cv gets punished for his first attack run, not just dissuaded from the second one.

Theoretically, it would make flak kill less aircraft, as most aircraft hit by flak will be full hp, and the squadrons average size over time will be smaller, so a smaller target for flak to hit.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,840 battles
8 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Still the same overall damage, so ignoring flak, the entire squadron will die at exactly the same speed. The only difference is that the cv gets punished for his first attack run, not just dissuaded from the second one.

Theoretically, it would make flak kill less aircraft, as most aircraft hit by flak will be full hp, and the squadrons average size over time will be smaller, so a smaller target for flak to hit.

It will indeed reward breaking off attack after a single attack run more efficiently as full health remaining planes will not all be mass killed exiting the AA zone, like they are now because all are orange and red HP.

Allowing more aircraft to return to the CV. 

In that sense it is a CV buff. Now i often lose aircraft that had no chance to attack again, but neither could escape. A few remaining aircraft with green HP bars will escape, and be repaired when they return.

Players
2,522 posts
14,731 battles
29 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Hmm what do you think of this senpai? @El2aZeR?

*sits in the corner waiting patiently*

Senpai laughs in Enterprise. As always :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
3 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Senpai laughs in Enterprise. As always :cap_haloween:

DO NOT PRESUME TO SPEAK FOR THE CHILD OF HEAVEN!!!

• Funny 2

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles

+1

I`m looking forward to such a change,

it's very annoying to lose an entire full HP squadron within 0.1 seconds from a single random red ship flak bursts.

I hope it will be implemented soon :)

Beta Tester
1,178 posts
3,162 battles
4 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

+1

I`m looking forward to such a change,

it's very annoying to lose an entire full HP squadron within 0.1 seconds from a single random red ship flak bursts.

I hope it will be implemented soon :)

Errm, it doesn't apply to flak, only dps. 

OT I think it's a terrible change as it removes some of the skill from 'balancing' the damage your planes receive... It'll also screw up balance by nerfing the Kaga. 

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles

I'm in good hope that WG will update the flak burst bugs on future updates.

Happy WoWs everyone, sink them all!

[-TPF-]
Players
4,478 posts
18,544 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

In that sense it is a CV buff. Now i often lose aircraft that had no chance to attack again, but neither could escape. A few remaining aircraft with green HP bars will escape, and be repaired when they return.

It's not, though. What I'm looking at is an increased chance for CV attacks to be diminished in efficacy.  You used to be able to get three torpedoes away but lose the squad on the exit.... now you'll lose one plane on the attack run and your attacks will be easier to evade as a result. You may have more planes to come back with next time, though. Will it work? Not sure... looks as if it will be of more concern to CVs that run torpedo attacks... rocket plane spam won't be hard hit by 15-20% losses.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

It's not, though. What I'm looking at is an increased chance for CV attacks to be diminished in efficacy.  You used to be able to get three torpedoes away but lose the squad on the exit.... now you'll lose one plane on the attack run and your attacks will be easier to evade as a result. You may have more planes to come back with next time, though. Will it work? Not sure... looks as if it will be of more concern to CVs that run torpedo attacks... rocket plane spam won't be hard hit by 15-20% losses.

Do you play CV? If you do you would  know how wrong are you. This is a change that will give opportunity to do more strikes on aaa strongships. 

[-TPF-]
Players
4,478 posts
18,544 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Do you play CV? If you do you would  know how wrong are you. This is a change that will give opportunity to do more strikes on aaa strongships.

I wouldn't expect you to agree if I'd said that the world was round and the sky was blue. Thanks for your input, though.

• Funny 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,717 posts
11,642 battles

Hmm, if they don't change Adrenalin Rush, it will be nerfed by that and also the TB heal :D

[XTREM]
Players
4,276 posts
11,917 battles

If this change were already live for the current ranked season every CV would be deplaned after 10 minutes.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,676 battles

WG will continue to nerf and bads will continue to cry. Repeat.

The problem is that "people" (Reddit) don't want balanced CVs, they want CVs to be so bad that they go back to being as obscure as before the rework.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
26 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I wouldn't expect you to agree if I'd said that the world was round and the sky was blue. Thanks for your input, though.

Well I agree on a part of round world and sky:)  just disagree about aaa sugestion :)

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,706 posts
21,028 battles
2 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Hmm what do you think of this senpai? @El2aZeR?

Will probably affect potatoes too hard, meaning the change won't make it to live.

And funnily enough this is a relative buff to E once again as plane reserves become much more important while nerfing Saipan, Audacious and all other CVs with low reserves/long plane respawn times to the extreme.

It's like WG only wants us to play one CV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1

Players
1,270 posts
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Lol

Why don't they just remove all other ships from matches and just have 11 Enterprises per side slugging it out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beta Tester
1,178 posts
3,162 battles
10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Will probably affect potatoes too hard, meaning the change won't make it to live.

And funnily enough this is a relative buff to E once again as plane reserves become much more important while nerfing Saipan, Audacious and all other CVs with low reserves/long plane respawn times to the extreme.

I don't think so,, I think it's probably a net nerf to the E over the Lex. This is because while the E does have larger plane reserves, (20 vs 18 for rockets iirc), the 'wing' size is much bigger, having 12 (4 strikes of 3)  in a wing rather than 9 (three strikes of 3).  

This change is largely a nerf to large 'wing' sizes, who could escape medium levels of damage with fewer plane losses. I am comparing the E to the lex as I don't know what else to compare it to.... 

Sign in to follow this