Sign in to follow this  
Voyanger

what am i supposed to do when i overpen a cruisers citadel?

6 comments in this topic

Question

[_DMG_]
Players
217 posts
5,697 battles

i wouldnt consider myself a newcomer any longer but still i have some questions...

i was just playing vladivostok and ended up in a situation where a leander was ~5km away from me, i simply kept overpenning his citadel so i died to his torps cuz i didnt manage to kill him with overpens..

what am i supposed to do in a situation like that? load HE?

5 answers to this question

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles

Shoot the water actually.

If you aim directly at the waterline (maybe even a bit into the water) your shells can arm in the ocean, penetrate the citadel and detonate there.
Works best at close ranges when your dispersion is decent.

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,502 battles

If possible you can also try shooting his ship lenghtwise through bow/stern.

Also dont bother with HE citadels, because some ships are immune to them because of their armor profile (FR cruisers for example)

[_DMG_]
Players
217 posts
5,697 battles
25 minutes ago, rnat said:

Shoot the water actually.

If you aim directly at the waterline (maybe even a bit into the water) your shells can arm in the ocean, penetrate the citadel and detonate there.
Works best at close ranges when your dispersion is decent.

nice, thx man

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
21 hours ago, Voyanger said:

i wouldnt consider myself a newcomer any longer but still i have some questions...

i was just playing vladivostok and ended up in a situation where a leander was ~5km away from me, i simply kept overpenning his citadel so i died to his torps cuz i didnt manage to kill him with overpens..

what am i supposed to do in a situation like that? load HE?

You're better off hoping he angles a bit before you shoot if you're that close. The 'aiming under the waterline'-strategy sounds nice in theory but I doubt WG has gotten it together to actually work consistently to be an effective strategy.

Same goes other way around - if you're in a light cruiser and you've yoloed in front a bb or heavy cruiser - keep a flat broadside and you'll minimize the chance of being deleted first salvo. Might not work vs Russian bbs, because reasons.

Sign in to follow this