AwesomeBoat

Armory - Murmansk or Soviet crates?

10 comments in this topic

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Hi

What do you think is the best option? Should I go for Murmansk cruiser or get (non-premium) soviet crates?

Thanks

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Guaranteed value of 3600D, or a (small) chance on a ship + collection items that also drop from daily containers if you have the collection started (with 1 RU-container), coal, signals & camo's that can also be gained via other ways...

• Cool 1

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Thanks,

I think I will go for Murmansk and if I don't get it by the end of the event I'll probably get a bunch of Soviet containers from the armory.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,433 posts
13,375 battles
22 hours ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Btw is the Murmansk worth it since it's only t5?

It'll depend a lot on what sort of ships you like and/or play most. She's arguably the best Omaha in the game, so if you dig cruisers she's pretty worthwhile.

That said, she sometimes gives the impression of being made entirely from citadels, so developing your 'not being seen' and 'bravely running away' games is essential (although that's true of an awful lot of cruisers at almost every tier).

T5 can often be fun, although my main objections are that you get up-tiered a lot (obviously), and there aren't any Ops available at that level (so you might get more use from a T6/7). That said, a freebie Murmansk is well worth a modest amount of grinding...

• Cool 1

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Thanks, I just want to get a decent ship for the time I put in to get the tokens. I enjoy playing the Omaha but Murmansk being t5 really ruined it for me so I might

just get the Soviet crates and hope that I get leningrad or Lenin.

[-AP-]
Players
2,496 posts
6,082 battles

Get captain kutznetzov. He will be the strongest of all legendary commanders, because his skill will proc every single game you need it in.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,433 posts
13,375 battles
3 hours ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Thanks, I just want to get a decent ship for the time I put in to get the tokens.

Overall, I would wait and see if you can get enough tokens for the captain - as @thiextar implies, he's the best reward overall.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,496 posts
6,082 battles
3 hours ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Thanks, I just want to get a decent ship for the time I put in to get the tokens. I enjoy playing the Omaha but Murmansk being t5 really ruined it for me so I might

just get the Soviet crates and hope that I get leningrad or Lenin.

There will be plenty of events in the future that can bag you a premium ship

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

The crates, though don't expect to find any ships in them. Murmansk is an alright artillery cruiser, but unless it'd be your only premium and you played it a lot with the permacamo, it's not really a big deal. Since coal and FXP premiums exist, I'd aim for one of those instead of the glassiest of glass cannons at t5.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this