Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Up_The_Donald

Ranked Commander Skills - Dubloons or Free

5 comments in this topic

Players
130 posts
7,852 battles

At the start of this season's ranked battles, WG made it free to re-spec commanders as they've done before.  Given the current meta for CVs etc, I re-specced my Yamato to go for more AA/secondary at the expense of stealth (a personal choice and not the subject of the post so please don't pile in on the merits of that choice).

My understanding is that it usually remains free to change commander skills/specs throughout a ranked season but I note this morning the cost of changing a commander's skills is back to normal and costs dubloons. 

Has the policy changed or am I mistaken?

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
182 posts
6,583 battles

You got the reskill because you took part in CB. I don't think it had anything to do with the new ranked season.

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts
7,852 battles

Oh, that makes sense.  So I've basically made an horrendous error for the future of my Yamato in random battles. Better buy some dubloons....

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
10 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

as they've done before.

11 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

My understanding is that it usually remains free to change commander skills/specs throughout a ranked season

none of this is even remotely correct. To my knowledge, there have never been any skill resets associated with Ranked. WG just like to flood us with "activities" so much that it might have looked that way because Ranked and CBs came back to back lately, because why wouldnt they turn their "game" into work for the players...

[CATS]
Players
26,255 posts
14,159 battles
39 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Oh, that makes sense.  So I've basically made an horrendous error for the future of my Yamato in random battles. Better buy some dubloons....

I am pretty sure you will manage one Clan Battle next season...

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this