You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elfboy1

chat ban

24 comments in this topic

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

tbh your chat system is a joke !!!im in a clan of 50 guys and girls we all sick of your banning system we were in a click   party shhh wink wink .i had a chat ban today pmsl . really is this game that bad ive taken screen shoots of every convo i said or talked about in chat ,can you do me a deal  and perma ban me this game

!!!!, This game  has became a joke ,you ban peeps cause another div report you 3 reports your banned .i now  have 16 reports of this happening in the clan .you cant even keep your severs running and when people put a ticket in it takes 2 days to reply ,says it all really as i said the vids of the games are going on you tube .you want people to talk and work as a team but you ban them in chat .i would kindly provide the evidence if your severs could keep up and read them 

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Players
3,213 posts

No idea what your on about but I am thinking just as in WoT's the nest idea is to turn chat off , mainly to save yourself throwing out obnoxious insults, my tether is and has reached breaking point with passive teams, can't chat ban when you can't chat, team work, biggest joke of all, there is none.

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

mmm u think wows wants us all to turn team chat off as i said i have screen shoots of all the games

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

obnoxious insults,  its a joke 

#you want to see the link of the games 

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

wows your losing players sort this crap out please ,as a clan leader i can not talk to my clan .....thank god for discord your game is a joke atm 

• Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,416 battles

Chatban system is largely automated. I can guarantee whatever software is behind this will be thoroughly unimpressed by your screenshots and videos.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

yep thats my point it takes 24 hours to get a russain to reply 

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

as i said before its not just me that gets the bans on 16 times ive had guys in the clan asking why they banned

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

im sur after all your replies u have the answer lol 

over a 1000 posts 

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
33 posts
13,160 battles

all im asking is why wows is making this such an anti social game ,after the mess ups on the cv update then banning peeps for no reason is this a viable option well done wows 

Players
2,569 posts
11,389 battles

An old article from AP on how WG deals with chatban:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/11/25/how-wg-handles-chat-bans-wows/

Spoiler

Dear players,

After a discussion with Tanatoy (note from ndiver: at this time he was the French Community Manager, now he got promoted to a higher position within the French WG Staff), I would like to give you an insight “on the other side of the mirror”. I’m a team leader at CS, for more than 3 years for those who don’t know me, and have been doing CS in video games for 8 years now. I hope that what you find below will answer some questions and allow you to reflect (think) on this subject. 

First of all, it is important for me to remember that the chat in play is only the result of what users generally do with it. Even if some filters are possible, from the moment that we give everyone the opportunity to express themselves, and even more so, to exchange with the enemy, if only for a battle, you know as well as I do that the potential for negativity is extremely important. I regret to see no more GG nice shot and to see that the players prefer to shout out cheating when they take a bad shot rather than to accept that the other one (who may very well be yourself) played well. The 9.16 update should in this way reduce these toxic interactions between teams in any case, as said, at the expense of positive people (common scheme, even outside video games).

However, it is not a question of getting rid of the most insulting comments, but unfortunately we can only take action a posteriori, once the damage has been done.

An important principle is that the penalty must be applied according to the violation. Thus, in itself, depriving of play someone who has had insulting comments has little educational value. Similarly, someone with antifairplay behavior, applying him a chat penalty has little interest. We must have a certain logic: chat infraction = chat suspension, in-game infraction = game suspension.

Now, regarding the type of comments reported by Ndiver, obviously, a “simple” chat suspension (1 day or 2) is very little, that’s why these comments regularly result in suspensions of more than 10 days (14 days to be exact) and often accompanied by what is called a “final warning” (last warning), which means that at the next infringement, the user will be deprived of chat permanently. This type of sanction is applied regularly and, as Tanatoy has also said, believe that these behaviours are unbearable. We have no tolerance at this level and when we are informed, we have no mercy. Contrary to what may have been written, the fact that a user pays does not exempt him from behaving correctly, and when we apply these heavy penalties, the payment history is never taken into account.

Contrary to what may have been written above, a better atmosphere at stake is an important factor in terms of revenue generation, so we take these incidents very seriously.

With regard to the suggestion of disclosing the numbers, even anonymously, we already anticipate that whatever the numbers are, they will appear to be too few, or too many, depending on each one and will have no representative value in the sense that you will always lack information to put these numbers in their context.

I will come back on to the thread if there is a need or if Tanatoy calls upon me, and once again, I hope that these few words make sense to you.i

See you soon and good Sunday to everyone!

[FLYD]
Players
1,350 posts
13,058 battles

Wow, just reading through all this made me want to have a god damn report button here.

Such words, much type 15/33 Overall Posts in Forum here in the span of an Hour :D

But to your questions.... 

Did i put in a ticket lately?

Several actually. Especially related to "Chat" Issues. I got responses within 1 or 2 Hours max.

(Btw dude the Customer Support of WG EU is not in Russia but well....)

Otherwise you can always try this @MrConway or @Crysantos Thing and watch magic happen.... trust me... it works.

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
3 hours ago, elfboy_iron said:

Multiple whine posts.....

If you are this whiny in your clan I would guess your own members are negging you in battles for a laugh when your countdowns put players on both sides. :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles

Are you here to collect a ban on the forum too, Elfboiiii?

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,069 battles
7 hours ago, elfboy_iron said:

tbh your chat system is a joke !!!im in a clan of 50 guys and girls we all sick of your banning system we were in a click   party shhh wink wink .i had a chat ban today pmsl . really is this game that bad ive taken screen shoots of every convo i said or talked about in chat ,can you do me a deal  and perma ban me this game

!!!!, This game  has became a joke ,you ban peeps cause another div report you 3 reports your banned .i now  have 16 reports of this happening in the clan .you cant even keep your severs running and when people put a ticket in it takes 2 days to reply ,says it all really as i said the vids of the games are going on you tube .you want people to talk and work as a team but you ban them in chat .i would kindly provide the evidence if your severs could keep up and read them 

Hi,

After reviewing your chat log I'm slightly tempted to just post your messages here :etc_red_button:. We are very happy to see people communicate to work as a team and increase their chances of winning, but we're definitely not going to accept toxic chat behavior and insulting of others. In general - if you think you got banned without reason, you can always contact our Community team, we'll look into it and provide a helping hand.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 9

[TTTX]
1,559 posts
14,544 battles

I have said it before and I will say it again, in the vast majority of cases when someone complains about a chat ban, they totally deserved it.

The only chat ban I ever got in all my time playing this game was absolutely deserved.

This thread has run its course. Locked.

• Cool 1