You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
soulredemption

CV in ranked is TRASH

22 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
19,534 battles

who in WG thought that an ALL SCOUTING all KILLING planefest is a smart thing in a 7 vs 7 match?! 

i wouldnt mind the 20k drops on me or the constant flood option and fire option without any sort of personal risk to the CV but the none stop scouting prevents you from doing anything meaningful and even getting to a semi decent position on the map is near DAMN IMPOSSIBLE without losing a chunk of hp AA is god damn useless because if a CV can drop you in a fully kitted AA mino even once then what the hell is the point the CV takes no personal risk drops you once twice three times until you're dead and thats that NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT unless you feel like sitting in smoke

im a unicum player and im bloody well aware of all aspects of the game and this is total trash... its total trash in randoms when the CV is one and there are 11 more and its even more trash when the CV is 1 vs 6 

THERE ARE SOO MANY  ways to fix this i just cant see why nothing is being implemented 

a CV that attacks could have is visability increased or when the planes take off or land making the CV actually think regarding where it should sit at 

secondly the ability to just lift the planes up after a single attack run and dodge all of the attacks is a total BS ive seen CVs lift their planes off on an F spam in the middle of 3 AA ships and the planes mostly return to CV intact IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS THIS LEGIT?!

ABOVE ALL but truely ABOVE ALL the CV is an ultimate scout and thus control the battle field im the FC in a clan that constantly gets to hurricane and has a pretty decent winrate against even the best clans on EU server 

having a CV player scout ahead to prevent any and all advances is something that terrifies me as i believe that tactics are a thing that will be gone from this planet with CVs roaming freely in future CWs and seeing in ranked has only proven my suspicions 

Players that used to play DDs on my clan no longer play DDs in randoms they've switched to CVs due to the inability of being an influence on the game anytmore if the CV wants you dead you are DEAD 

why cant it be done that if a CV targets a single ship repeatedly the AIMing circle increases with each repeated attack over a certain amount of time and it needs to leave that ship alone to reset 

FIGHTER PLANES should not be able to scout surface ships that is total trash DDs used to be able to turn AA off and the CV would have to work extra hard to actually do a proper drop that is no longer the case the fighters hover above the DD and wait until its out at which point the CV player returns with the drop planes and nukes the dd

I dont post much on the forums but this has gone to such an extant that nothing is viable ITS NOT A GROUP BASE GAME there is no TEAM HERE its just 

DO I HAVE THE BETTER CV OR NOT there is no legit counter in the game for a CV ATM

PS 

another way to allow a more balanced CV - rest of the ship lines environment would be to create a distance limit in which a CV can attack meaning that the CV can no longer fully attack everywhere on the map at a whim but rather is limited to a certain space or distance from the carrier and there for must move to a new location in order to attack in a different location...  <---- seems like a logical step to limit the omnipotence of CVs dunno why this hasnt been implemented  

• Cool 10
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,454 battles

Nice & true with some constructive content, wonder how long before it's locked :cap_cool:

• Cool 2

Players
3 posts
11,120 battles

It's easy to fix the issue : Make Ranked and CW a free CV count, so we can all enoy 7 vs 7 CV only games :cap_like:

• Cool 4

Players
2,878 posts
16,275 battles

CVs in Ranked are a great succes from WGs perspective, just look at how popular CVs have become. 

Also balancing is ongoing with only minor AA tweaks remaning, so CVs will probably be well balanced by the time Year of the CV #2 rolls around in another century or so :Smile_trollface:

Very well written post.

Disclaimer: i'm one of those DD players gone CV.

On a serious note, I can see CVs completely ruining CBs, but also I believe you are understating the effectiveness of Minotaur AA and heals.

Going inside 4 km of properly handled Minotaur with other AA ships nearby is a one-way trip for CV planes, even using Slingshot drops.

Worchester is little different, but lacks the cruicial smokescreen for capping and protecting friendly ships.

Scouting enemy fleet deployment and especially DDs is the main issue.

As a firm hater of the island-camper meta, I actually rather likes how CVs make island-camper obsolete by turning them quickly into underwater coral reefs.

I much prefer a mobile game from a fun perspective, bit the AP bomb RNG will cause significant frustration on either side

The effect is dumbing down the game with a massive reduction in viable ships due to Haku AP bombs being :etc_swear: strong.

Of the cruisers, only Mino, Worch and Henri and Zao with LM will be viable and of the BBs only Conqueror and to some degree Republique and Bourgogne are really immune or almost immune to citadels and DDs have just gone the way of the dinosaurs.

WG may introduce take-off delay which solves nothing, since solitary ships in great positions are just CV food once it is allowed to operate.

Basically either you build a fleet to push hard, take the caps and hope you can survive long enough to win before getting kited and dropped to death.

Or you build a fleet to kite and hope the enemy team pushes too close to the CV and get farmed.

On the other hand, negativ the CV influence is actully quite easy. Have 2 Mino/Worch and have all ships stay <4 km from one of them. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,383 posts

I initially though you were saying CV are hard to use in ranked - which they are with such intense AA as tier X ships all have powerful AA and bite back hard - but you are complaining they ruiin ranked ?

I agree with WG, CV in ranked prove to be well balanced, challenging to use and not topping score board  position 1-3  all the time. Save some above average players, that always can make any class overperform.

Yes they were designed to disrupt : 1) camping 2) slipping into concealment endlessly while kiting and burning down other ships that can't return fire 3) Torpedo walling from invisibility

So there is NOTHING wrong with them if you complain they are doing their jobs....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

Players
12 posts
19,534 battles
31 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I initially though you were saying CV are hard to use in ranked - which they are with such intense AA as tier X ships all have powerful AA and bite back hard - but you are complaining they ruiin ranked ?

I agree with WG, CV in ranked prove to be well balanced, challenging to use and not topping score board  position 1-3  all the time. Save some above average players, that always can make any class overperform.

Yes they were designed to disrupt : 1) camping 2) slipping into concealment endlessly while kiting and burning down other ships that can't return fire 3) Torpedo walling from invisibility

So there is NOTHING wrong with them if you complain they are doing their jobs....

Yeah? you think that a ship that instantly scout any part of the map with in 30 seconds of wishing to do so is legit?

you think that the only ship in game that can decide it wants you dead and there for never mind what you will be dead is the CV is a legit thing ?!!

that the CV is the only ship that can constantly attack/scout without taking ANY  personal risk to its HP is legit?! 

so CV are well balanced huh? 

mate i play in those "pro players can turn any ship into an over performing ship" environment 90% of the time in my game and im telling you right now the facts are that a low skill player in a CV will do 200% of his dmg in any of the other ships and will have A MAJOR impact on the game by scouting the whole map IS NOT BALANCE because there's no skill involved at all its pure random ship...  

[BHSFL]
Players
3,383 posts
42 minutes ago, soulredemption said:

Yeah? you think that a ship that instantly scout any part of the map with in 30 seconds of wishing to do so is legit?

Yes WG designed it to be that way. It disrupts all kinds of overuse of concealment going on, countering it effectively.

you think that the only ship in game that can decide it wants you dead and there for never mind what you will be dead is the CV is a legit thing ?!!

All ships can do that, except kill campers hiding behind a rock.  WG desigend CV to force hiding campers to move ( that is what WOT artillery is for too )  nothing illegit here.

that the CV is the only ship that can constantly attack/scout without taking ANY  personal risk to its HP is legit?! 

This is nonsense as aircraft = CV striking power.  No aircraft ( all shot down ) = no striking power = no score.   A  very slow +1 plane per 3 mins respawning floating airstrip is not a weapon but completely useless. No score is the worst consequence of "risk" any player may have to deal with.

And a spotted CV is a dead CV if enemy BB guns are in range or cruisers have broken through. Many skilled players that slip through in DD with intend spotting the CV and having it sunk by big guns usually succeed. Far from untouchabe.

so CV are well balanced huh? 

In ranked certainly, server statistics will prove it. I think it is pretty decent in Randoms now too, not auto-top 3 anymore as other ships outperform it regularly.

mate i play in those "pro players can turn any ship into an over performing ship" environment 90% of the time in my game and im telling you right now the facts are that a low skill player in a CV will do 200% of his dmg in any of the other ships and will have A MAJOR impact on the game by scouting the whole map IS NOT BALANCE because there's no skill involved at all its pure random ship...  

I can play a T8 DD without being killed in a 2 CV mixed T8-10 match....and i have close to 0 DD skills !  What are you complaining about exactly ?

• Boring 1

Players
12 posts
19,534 battles

Worst outcome is to lose/die mate not your stats 

CV airpower is constantly replenishing there for endless so your jibberjabbering none sense there 

NOT all ships can kill you if they decide because they cant go where ever they want at any given moment and they cant attack from every direction they have to get the right angle with the right ammo and from a location that allows you to fire at your target so what are you on about? 

WG deesigned the CV wrong and they know it which is why they changed it the first time and now im saying is still broken? are you a WG apologetic? sounds like it 

8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Yes WG designed it to be that way. It disrupts all kinds of overuse of concealment going on, countering it effectively.

All ships can do that, except kill campers hiding behind a rock.  WG desigend CV to force hiding campers to move ( that is what WOT artillery is for too )  nothing illegit here.

This is nonsense as aircraft = CV striking power.  No aircraft = no striking power = no score.   No score is the worst consequence of "risk" any player may have to deal with.

And a spotted CV is a dead CV if enemy BB guns are in range or cruisers have broken through. Many skilled players that slip through in DD with intend spotting the CV and having it sunk by big guns usally succeed. Far from untouchabe.

In ranked certainly, server statistics will prove it.

I can play a T8 DD without being killed in a 2 CV mixed T8-10 match....and i have close to 0 DD skills !  What are you complaining about exactly ?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,435 battles
21 minutes ago, soulredemption said:

are you a WG apologetic? sounds like it

Nah, he's worse than that.

Just read some of the passages in which he praises the use of CV secondaries against DDs and you'll understand.

• Funny 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,383 posts

I just was ranted to in port i am not ""allowed to kill better players" after i had a little fun in a Midway. What world does that one live in ?!?

I guess that kind of reasoning is very normal to you guys what ?  Does that mean @El2aZeR may kill you and you happily sink ? lol !!!

Players
2,587 posts
18,745 battles

Europizza <- Allround DD/CA player gone CV main too. Because they can do all the stuff I could do before in DD's and CA's before. :Smile_facepalm:

Players
12 posts
19,534 battles
42 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I just was ranted to in port i am not ""allowed to kill better players" after i had a little fun in a Midway. What world does that one live in ?!?

I guess that kind of reasoning is very normal to you guys what ?  Does that mean @El2aZeR may kill you and you happily sink ? lol !!!

its not about the better player killing a lower player its about a SKILL REWARDING SYSTEM meaning if you dont have the skill you dont get the reward? does that not sound logical to you? wth is wrong with you? just go play in the pool if you want something else and then get in the deep water without knowing how to swim and then go to the olympics and scream how much you want to win the the swimming part but got no skill to base it on and there for its unfair and you shouldnt be rewarded with a gold medal very logical 

dingding.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Players
3,293 posts
14,054 battles
36 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Europizza <- Allround DD/CA player gone CV main too. Because they can do all the stuff I could do before in DD's and CA's before. :Smile_facepalm:

Similar story here, DD main to CV’s currently. Though I did well in Salem and Des Moine on my accounts. Though stopped at T8 as it got boring having to try save stars due to poor teams. Incidentally when I played CV I never lost a star but had a poor WR. My teams in some cases went AFK coz there was a CV in game. Even their presence has ruined ranked and will drastically alter CW’s.

Players
3,293 posts
14,054 battles
1 minute ago, soulredemption said:

its not about the better player killing a lower player its about a SKILL REWARDING SYSTEM meaning if you dont have the skill you dont get the reward? does that not sound logical to you? wth is wrong with you? just go play in the pool if you want something else and then get in the deep water without knowing how to seem and then go to the olympics and scream how much you want to win the the swimming part but got no skill to base it on and there for its unfair and you should be rewarded with a gold medal very logical 

dingding.jpg

He’s a lost cause buddy. You’re better off ignoring him like the rest of us do.

Beta Tester
908 posts
9,163 battles
28 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

He’s a lost cause buddy. You’re better off ignoring him like the rest of us do.

Ignoring who?

Wait, let me guess. It's a CV main.

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
3 hours ago, Europizza said:

2 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Similar story here, DD main to CV’s currently.

Oh guys, my disappointment is almost too much to bear. Such stout fellows falling from grace in such a manner. What is this world coming to? First Trump, now this... I need a stiff drink.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
7 hours ago, soulredemption said:

who in WG thought that an ALL SCOUTING all KILLING planefest is a smart thing in a 7 vs 7 match?! 

Because of massively higher influence of CV over any other class. Ranked is only Ranked for CV players, because their performance matters. Non CV players are nothing more than targets and statists, in that CV vs CV battle.

• Bad 1

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,502 battles

DD main here.

We used to have ships that were capable of single-handedly making CV unplayable in a given match (wooster pls), however  now we have the same thing in reverse, and neither of those should be considered "balance".

Every "overpowered" thing in this game can be mitigated with player skill:

BB AP vs cruisers? Use island cover, and angle properly.

Torps vs BB`s? Use wasd hack, and look at the map.

Radar traps? Look at the goddamn minimap again, and dont rush a radar ship.

The planes are one big exception here, because you can neither dodge or otherwise avoid damage.

I`d like WG to adress 2 of the "features" they implemented with planes, namely:

Invulnerability, and massive speedboost for remaining planes in a squad after a drop - which allows bypassing any AA wall.

A reduction in an effectiveness of AA if there are multiple ships firing at the same squad - which makes it possible for CV`s to drop even a concentrated AA blob.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,383 posts
6 hours ago, soulredemption said:

its not about the better player killing a lower player its about a SKILL REWARDING SYSTEM meaning if you dont have the skill you dont get the reward? does that not sound logical to you? wth is wrong with you? just go play in the pool if you want something else and then get in the deep water without knowing how to swim and then go to the olympics and scream how much you want to win the the swimming part but got no skill to base it on and there for its unfair and you shouldnt be rewarded with a gold medal very logical 

But i did get the reward.....600+ K credits and 6+k XP and rightly so, wiping the floor with them.  And there is nothing i want from the game beyond that - still progressing through the tech tree - and some fun.

And "better players" aren't better players at all if they end up getting destroyed are they ?  Why should i care if they get offended because their stat fanatism say they can't be snuffed by someone with low stats ? Asif such a thing protects you or has any meaning to another player.

• Funny 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
181 posts
6,536 battles
7 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I think that this line is probably the most stupid thing i've ever read on this forum.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,383 posts
1 hour ago, Zieten said:

I think that this line is probably the most stupid thing i've ever read on this forum.

Is it ? Then why is everone so "excited" about Cv spotting abilities ?

Because it evaporates...oh yes...:Smile_facepalm:

Rest assured that is no accident or error by WG. It is called a counter mechanic to another rmechanic. If one mechanic gets too dominant ( concealment skills and modules are used by nearly everyone ) it gets to have a counter. Quite funny how the hopping mass can hate a class not even knowing why exactly.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TTTX]
1,559 posts
14,545 battles

This thread has predictably devolved into personal attacks so it's time to lock before it gets any further.

Also please use the pinned CV rework thread for feedback on carriers.