Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Johnny_Moneto

<maxReplaysToSave>30</maxReplaysToSave>

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,429 posts
16,985 battles

And once again a big THANK YOU to the WG developers for arbitrarily changing this value back to 30 whenever it pleases them.

a couple of days ago there was a tiny small little update (apparently), which I could hardly notice being installed. But it was enough to rewrite the file "engine_config.xml" and set the amount of maximum replays to keep to 30, safely deleting 200 of my replay files.

1. Somebody from WG Marketing - please go to your developers and explain to them the value of customers publishing replay videos on sites like YouTube; then kindly explain to them that if replays get deleted they cannot be transformed into videos anymore and that a lack of vids might actually hurt business (and in the end their salary)

2. Somebody from Usability Department - go to your developers and kindly explain to them that it was found out to p*ss customers off if their settings in a software get changed by the developers without being asked to do so. It has something to do with many human beings being not fond of the idea to being told "we gave you a choice but your choice was poor, so we will just change it".

#stopchangingtheamountofmaximumreplays

• Cool 3

Players
6,800 posts
245 battles

Well it goes to show that wargaming is either unwilling or incompetent to implement the say system they have for world of tanks.

i had game where i did like 200k damage but i forgot to get the replays so they are gone forever.

oh well.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,972 battles

Are you guys saving each client version too?

• Cool 1

Players
1,143 posts
18,350 battles
5 hours ago, B0Tato said:

Are you guys saving each client version too?

I am: having all versions from 0.6.3 onwards, and 0.5.15 to 0.6.1 too (I messed up and forgot about it for 0.6.2). Spanish client, though.

Back on topic, it's truly an annoyance, to put it mildly, having to check if res\engine_config.xml was modified every single micropatch (which has been the case since the replay-related XML entries were moved there). Things were simpler when it belonged to preferences.xml, a file that is mostly touched by the user in a transparent way (adjusting settings, putting or removing flags, camos, etc., all from inside the game UI), so the sensible move would have been keeping it there and adding e.g. a slider in Settings so the player can decide if and how many replays are to be saved.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this