YabbaCoe

0.8.5 PTS - Game Mechanics Improvements

10 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
3,952 posts
4,304 battles

Captains! :cat_cool:

On Public Test 0.8.5 you can see new ribbons of non-damage penetrations.

How do you like those? Leave your comments below!

[WBPM]
[WBPM]
Players
7 posts
11,482 battles

Sprawdzimy to w trakcie testu  i własnie za to warto brać udział w testach dodatkowa możliwość testowania kolejnych okrętów  przed  zakupem co bardzo polecam nowym graczom ja dużo na tym zyskuje

[GEUS]
Players
12 posts
6,984 battles
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:19 AM, SuperRenard said:

The fact that module pens now do damage is a huge buff to the DPM of spammer ships. It's really not a good idea.

In itself it seems to make sence that damaging a turret damages the ship also. But the amount takes a lot of balancing.
I am not certain, but I believe that damaging AA mounts also takes away health. My HE shots seem to have done more damage (might be coincidental though) when hitting AA mounts. I think that would be too easy. Also, what would be the point of armour if it does not protect the health of a ship???

[PORT]
Players
161 posts
19,756 battles

Thoughts so far 

UI is better

Have not played savage battle yet

Ranked battles no issues

Random battles dd not have an issues

AA rework congratulations you have finally made the breakthrough it is no longer worth playing CV. It has taken a while and few nerfs but you did yourself proud this time just in time for the French DD release

if you pre drop the remaining planes get shredded making the run. If you dont make a pre drop 75%  of your planes die and you get 2 torp hits for low damage. In effect 2 runs in a Haku  22 torpedo bombers shot down by 1 Kremlin  Dive bombers losing 7 per strike and with aiming changes even getting good hits gives low damage. I am glad I have finished grinding CV on live server because i would not want to be grinding a CV if this patch makes it. The way MM works getting constant up tier a tier 8 CV will be very lucky to land anything on a tier 10 ship. 

• Cool 5

[LEEUW]
Players
439 posts
7,016 battles

Killing CV's (again, just like you did in the RTS ones) isn't an improvement.

AA is just fine right now. Damage is "ok", there always be unicum players that can master ships and do more damage.

Biggest problem at this moment isn't de damage output of the CV, it's te spotting they can provide!

My idea:

Take away spotting for fighter planes.

Give spotting other ships a delay to other ships in the team (just like radar), or make spotting with all planes completely impossible.

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

AA rework seems too punishing for CVs and also makes the repair party on tier 8-10 torpedo bombers almost useless.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
On 6/18/2019 at 12:59 PM, Bics93 said:

AA rework seems too punishing for CVs and also makes the repair party on tier 8-10 torpedo bombers almost useless.

And many CV´s which rely on not losing planes like Saipan or Furious and Implacable. Saipan is, with this change, basically not worth it. You can do maybe 10-15 attack runs as a toptier, and super unicum player, and then you will be deplaned as you are bound to lose at the very least 2 planes on each attack. Three to four planes will be the average for most players is my guess. With almost two minutes or one and a half minute with all skills etc. to reload a single plane... Great idea. 

• Cool 2

Players
986 posts
11,558 battles
12 hours ago, _Ezio_ said:

And many CV´s which rely on not losing planes like Saipan or Furious and Implacable. Saipan is, with this change, basically not worth it. You can do maybe 10-15 attack runs as a toptier, and super unicum player, and then you will be deplaned as you are bound to lose at the very least 2 planes on each attack. Three to four planes will be the average for most players is my guess. With almost two minutes or one and a half minute with all skills etc. to reload a single plane... Great idea. 

Either CVs that rely on planes to survive for the plane reserve, or in the case of kaga simply for damage output. With Kaga you need to be able to drop 10+ torls every run. This change doesnt even allow 10 planes to survive till you can drop for third time.

As said, after seventh nerf to CVs this is the worst one, completely destroying CV gameplay once and for all

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Players
161 posts
19,756 battles
On 6/9/2019 at 9:05 AM, Commander_Rockstone said:

In itself it seems to make sence that damaging a turret damages the ship also. But the amount takes a lot of balancing.
I am not certain, but I believe that damaging AA mounts also takes away health. My HE shots seem to have done more damage (might be coincidental though) when hitting AA mounts. I think that would be too easy. Also, what would be the point of armour if it does not protect the health of a ship???

That indeed is the question what is armour for. The answer is it protects you from AP shells if you are angled. With the current HE spam meta Armour does nothing to protect you against it. As for damaging HE mounts I have encountered Minotuars with 100 HP left and they still have full AA and can shred planes seems strange that they are wrecked but AA still works like a new ship

Sign in to follow this