You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Public Test of Update 0.8.5: Round 2

21 comments in this topic

Players
361 posts
  • Only long-range AA defense action radius is displayed on the Minimap.

''Now, the Minimap displays only the necessary information''.
Isn't Short and Medium range ''necessary information''?

Because the Aura's don't work independently and the ranges are fixed and not unified range... I think all ranges should be displayed.
If let's say long range AA aura is destroyed, the AA radius wont display the other Aura and cause more confusion.

Players
186 posts
8,177 battles
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Commanders, welcome to the Public Test of Update 0.8.5!

Read it on the portal

so this is also a reason why you can get a penalty and a pink name. Cause why would i stay in the battle with a view like this during game play

2019-06-06 (2).png

2019-06-06 (3).png

2019-06-06.png

Players
2,194 posts
20,382 battles

I notice the ships for the Savage Battle mode are not classified as Tier VII like those in the Space Battles etc., but Tier X.

The new mode is a fairly big risk anyway and this factor decreases the incentive even further if the Tier X economy comes into play and players lose credits. This could backfire in a similar way as not being able to grind Legendary modules back in the first Arms Race iteration, lowering population and thus increasing queue times.

I like the idea of having to scavenge for consumables, which is very gruesome and savage, implying you're taking slaves you can then send in to die while firefighting etc while using them up as damage con parties.

However, the supply drops via parachute make no sense in the end times dog-eat-dog scenario. Nobody cares about you. There is no such thing left as a logistics chain. These should just be crates and stuff floating in the water. Edit: As such, maybe they shouldn't be on a timer, either, and possibly not even on the minimap but you should just have to search for them, or use radiolocation or whatever.

Also not being able to fire your own guns in two of three ships is a big turn-off.

Also please finally make it so that clicking the Combat Missions banner in Port takes players to the Combat Missions page. IMMEDIATELY. As of now, it takes players to the Events page first.

The Ranked Battles test is of course pointless without the usual OP premium ships in the mix. So what WG should be doing is offering Belfast, Flint, Atlanta etc. for sale in the Public Test Server Armory. (OR just barr all premium ships from the competition on the live server, which I think would be a great idea.) Also Public Testers should be supplied with a decent amount of coal so they could get upgrades and stuff from the Test Server armory.

Beta Tester
4 posts
28,743 battles

PT client hangs every game. usually in loading screen....

Standard client works fine.

Players
56 posts
10,634 battles

Game crashes when loading battle (Random, T8), when logging back in I have a pink 3 game penalty for leaving early... has happened three times. Never had any tech problems previously with live or PTS.

Hope you guys fix as I completed the 0.8.4 PTS missions and was looking forward to the summer end T6 goody.

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
23 hours ago, PhantomSailor said:
  • Only long-range AA defense action radius is displayed on the Minimap.

''Now, the Minimap displays only the necessary information''.
Isn't Short and Medium range ''necessary information''?

Because the Aura's don't work independently and the ranges are fixed and not unified range... I think all ranges should be displayed.
If let's say long range AA aura is destroyed, the AA radius wont display the other Aura and cause more confusion.

For me that are too many information, I need only to know, when the AA starts in general

[BUBS]
Players
32 posts
15,016 battles

I think there may be a problem with the Rogue Wave scoring.

Today alone I have made 4 torpedo hits, 4 citadels and at least 2 fires yet the scoring of Acolyte Stripes still only shows 3 of 20.

Great! the server shut down before I could do the screen grabs

Players
361 posts
On 6/6/2019 at 10:51 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

For me that are too many information, I need only to know, when the AA starts in general

Becasuse of the way WG did it, the AA mounts wont start at that range.... there is a AA reload time... meaning it wont start at 6km, it will do it at 5km.

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
13 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

Becasuse of the way WG did it, the AA mounts wont start at that range.... there is a AA reload time... meaning it wont start at 6km, it will do it at 5km.

We were talking about all the aa ranges, and I was jsut saying, I need only the information of the max range of long range. Also the the aa shoots at 6 km, if the planes stay at 6 km ;)

Players
361 posts
On 6/9/2019 at 12:37 AM, Pikkozoikum said:

We were talking about all the aa ranges, and I was jsut saying, I need only the information of the max range of long range. Also the the aa shoots at 6 km, if the planes stay at 6 km ;)

So you dont think AA value range isnt important to know these kinds of broken CV status????
Short is destroyed and Medium is 23%...............

shot-19.06.10_14.54.55-0562.jpg

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
33 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

So you dont think AA value range isnt important to know these kinds of broken CV status????
Short is destroyed and Medium is 23%...............

shot-19.06.10_14.54.55-0562.jpg

1. Do you use the aa sustain module

2. Show me what caused the damage

Also still no idea, why it is now important to know, that you can see on minimap, that your short ranges can shoot x km, and your med range aa y km

What advantage would you gain? "Ah, now I can see on my minimap, that he enters the short range, which does no damage" :D

Players
361 posts
8 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

1. Do you use the aa sustain module

2. Show me what caused the damage

Also still no idea, why it is now important to know, that you can see on minimap, that your short ranges can shoot x km, and your med range aa y km

What advantage would you gain? "Ah, now I can see on my minimap, that he enters the short range, which does no damage" :D

1. You shouldnt need to use Aux upgrade.. Certain ships are pretty bad Health Pool on AA guns etc.
2. What do you think.... F*ing CVs... Midway bombers and Rocketplanes. 12 bombers and 23 rocket planes from Midway destroyed almost all my AA.

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
19 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

1. You shouldnt need to use Aux upgrade.. Certain ships are pretty bad Health Pool on AA guns etc.
2. What do you think.... F*ing CVs... Midway bombers and Rocketplanes. 12 bombers and 23 rocket planes from Midway destroyed almost all my AA.

1. Of course you need the module, that's the point of the module....

2. Would like to see the full report - screenshot

And as I said, why do you need the circle for the short range in that case? That's the point of the discussion

Players
361 posts
On 6/11/2019 at 12:18 AM, Pikkozoikum said:

1. Of course you need the module, that's the point of the module....

2. Would like to see the full report - screenshot

And as I said, why do you need the circle for the short range in that case? That's the point of the discussion

Never needed that module because my AA didnt die like 4 minutes into the game... 
Kremlin and SS and USSR BBs are VERY vulnerable and got AA HP buffed, or so it was said before the line got released.

shot-19.06.10_15.02.43-0528.jpg

shot-19.06.10_15.02.41-0989.jpg

shot-19.06.10_15.02.39-0189.jpg

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,570 battles
On 6/6/2019 at 10:51 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

For me, I would like to see more info about it, so they should at least, put something that players themselves can choose whether they want that info or not..

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
4 hours ago, PiXiE93 said:

For me, I would like to see more info about it, so they should at least, put something that players themselves can choose whether they want that info or not..

You really need to see on the mini map the range of your short range guns?

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
On 6/12/2019 at 1:50 AM, PhantomSailor said:

Never needed that module because my AA didnt die like 4 minutes into the game... 
Kremlin and SS and USSR BBs are VERY vulnerable and got AA HP buffed, or so it was said before the line got released.

shot-19.06.10_15.02.43-0528.jpg

shot-19.06.10_15.02.41-0989.jpg

shot-19.06.10_15.02.39-0189.jpg

If you want sustainable AA, then you should take the module for sustain ;)

That's the purpose of this module. When I have that module in one of my ships, I can't remember, that I lost more than 10% of my AA overall, mostly less

[PORT]
Players
31 posts
19,667 battles

Ranked Sprint?   why no Epicentre?

Completed Ranked Sprint in Domination mode twice  ( 1st and 2nd test )?.. will I get bonus again?

Players
361 posts
On 6/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

If you want sustainable AA, then you should take the module for sustain ;)

That's the purpose of this module. When I have that module in one of my ships, I can't remember, that I lost more than 10% of my AA overall, mostly less

Rather want to have a sustainable MAIN weapon.. if my turrets are destroyed it doesnt matter if I have 80% AA left.........

[GURKA]
Players
5,208 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, PhantomSailor said:

Rather want to have a sustainable MAIN weapon.. if my turrets are destroyed it doesnt matter if I have 80% AA left.........

That's the point of the modules - you have to decide what you prefer, but since my guns get rarely destroyed, I prefer the aa modules. Though I play IJN ships, which are often in safe distance