You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Amun_RA

Salem or Yoshino?

28 comments in this topic

Players
89 posts
4,308 battles

Please help me. What ship should I buy first with coal? Salem or Yoshino? 

I don't have DM researched yet. Worcester is my only tier 10 cruiser yet. 

I would also like to play ranked with them, so I guess Salem would be better in ranked? I managed to get rank 5 last season. 

Also, I don't know yet when Yoshino will be sold. The problem is that I want ships with unique playstyle and Salem seems too similar to the DM. 

Thx! 

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
6 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

Please help me. What ship should I buy first with coal? Salem or Yoshino? 

I don't have DM researched yet. Worcester is my only tier 10 cruiser yet. 

I would also like to play ranked with them, so I guess Salem would be better in ranked? I managed to get rank 5 last season. 

Also, I don't know yet when Yoshino will be sold. The problem is that I want ships with unique playstyle and Salem seems too similar to the DM. 

Thx! 

Salem is worst DM for competitive play. basically those 2 ships are the same, DM having longer range radar, Salem having better heal.....all other things are almost the same.

definitively identical play style.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
274 posts
12,278 battles

If you want a unique play style, I would suggest yoshino over salem/dm. 

I didnt play yoshi yet but from what I've seen it is a bit different from the existing supercruisers with a playstyle like the zao. 

Salem is definitely not worth the coal since it has a better tech tree counterpart. 

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,828 battles

Yoshino

The Salem is basically a DM and you can allways grind that one out in game. Right now there are no "Supercruiser" that you can grind for.

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
183 posts
6,591 battles

Flamu calls the Yoshino basicly a Super-Ibuki. If that sounds appealing to you (kiting away and spamming HE all game),  wait for it.

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
4,308 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Umm, Yoshi is out already?

I don't know when it comes out. I've written that above. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,591 posts
8,858 battles
30 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Salem is definitely not worth the coal since it has a better tech tree counterpart. 

I like the zombieheal :fish_book:

• Cool 4

[-AP-]
Players
2,508 posts
6,120 battles

Yoshino isnt final yet, so it may become stronger/weaker before its out.

Playstyle should remain the same tho, so if you want a kiting cruiser, its probably the one you want.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
274 posts
12,278 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I like the zombieheal :fish_book:

That is really good on it. But the coal price doesn't justify it imo. And wasting a coupon on it also seems like a bad idea. But if you over 500k coal(like me #humbleBrag) might as well spend it. :Smile_Default:

Players
9,892 posts
11,612 battles
50 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Yoshino.

Supercruisers are better than everything else in this game.

And yet they are all rendered obsolete by ultimate supercruiser, Missouri:Smile_trollface:

Players
6,839 posts
245 battles
35 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And yet they are all rendered obsolete by ultimate supercruiser, Missouri:Smile_trollface:

Then thats rendered obsolete by supercruiser kremlin.

balans!

• Funny 2

Players
2,885 posts
16,300 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

balans!

InB4 rendered obsolete by supercruiser Slava!:Smile_hiding:

Also @OP,  if you plan to reach Rank 5, Salem can work, but Worchester much better, it is the 2nd/ 3rd best Ranked cruiser (Mino #1, Henri/Wroch as #2, rest are CV food)

Yoshino pis the better pick.

[1378]
Players
165 posts
4,194 battles

Yosi , its unique japanse T10 , its nothing special and will certianly not replace Zao / Stalingrad in any mode, but the Salem is a downgraded Des moine, and the Des is free to grinde unlike the Salem which is a wooping 180k coal with cupon. Get the Yosi , grinde the Des save your self the headache.

Players
9,892 posts
11,612 battles
1 hour ago, Exozen said:

Yosi , its unique japanse T10 , its nothing special and will certianly not replace Zao / Stalingrad in any mode, but the Salem is a downgraded Des moine, and the Des is free to grinde unlike the Salem which is a wooping 180k coal with cupon. Get the Yosi , grinde the Des save your self the headache.

I don't think so.

Salem zombie heal is massive boon for straight up shoot them up gameplay. And while she lacks DM Radar, she can equip DFAA and Hydro at the same time, unlike Des Moines. And with Year of the Carrier upon us, I'm not sure I want to part ways with at least something AA related.

Players
6,839 posts
245 battles

Salem just seems like a better des pemes at this point. Yoshi i have no clue, if shes like the azuma giant wet paper bag i probs won't bother.

Amazing that it takes this long for wargaming just to add a bunch of ships to their bloody arsenal/armoury or whatever it is called now.

[_DRK_]
Beta Tester
187 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Exozen sagte:

Salem isnt a downgrade it have better heal for soloplay.

• Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,591 posts
8,858 battles
6 hours ago, Miki12345 said:

That is really good on it. But the coal price doesn't justify it imo. And wasting a coupon on it also seems like a bad idea. But if you over 500k coal(like me #humbleBrag) might as well spend it. :Smile_Default:

I bought it right away back then when i had the coal (with coupon, since i didnt have steel back then). Havent played it THAT much, but its had its uses (farm some missions in coop, tiny bit randoms, bit ranked/CBs).

I think tho, a small radar buff would be nice after the concealment nerf, atleast 9km imo...

Dont use coal on much other stuff than ships, only finished the Bismarck and Vive la france collections. Now at almost 200k, waiting for yoshino :cap_viking:

[RONIN]
Players
1,666 posts
8,622 battles
16 hours ago, Panocek said:

I don't think so.

Salem zombie heal is massive boon for straight up shoot them up gameplay. And while she lacks DM Radar, she can equip DFAA and Hydro at the same time, unlike Des Moines. And with Year of the Carrier upon us, I'm not sure I want to part ways with at least something AA related.

When I repair salem I dont get the zombie heal, how do you activate it??

Players
9,892 posts
11,612 battles
7 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

When I repair salem I dont get the zombie heal, how do you activate it??

Umm, its British heal, also known as lol heal, zombie heal, restoring up to 48% hp assuming India Delta flag is on.

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,253 battles
22 hours ago, CptBarney said:

balans!

Still Mo will make twice more credits with just a quarter of the damaged scored by Kremlin. 

It's a Trump vagon! 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,503 battles

10/10 Very good post. Would decipher again.
image.thumb.png.24a7b40793d2f58132167abd8f0a7c3f.png