You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Get sum !! ( secondary battery appreciation thread )

82 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts

Secondaries are neglected by much of the player base, not specced into and rediculed by "prominent" reviewers. Reason : they do not damage BB and cruisers enough.....as if that is their purpose !

But that is not the purpose of these weapons. These weapons were mounted on the RL ships to defend them against fast torpedo boats, targets smaller and more nimble then Destroyers. At many real historic engagements Destroyers were not allowed to close in untill secondary guns of large warships were sufficiently destroyed or surpressed. Else they would have been blown away...real seondaries had no stock 80 % inaccuracy or lack of range.

So why not use them in game for the same purpose they were designed for IRL, and if they are lacking increase their value's with skills and modules ? They can certainly save you from another torpedo salvo - and likely save the match as a CV is - 65 victory points when it is lost -  if they are made powerful enough again, as WG gimped stock ones in range, ROF and accuracy to not butcher all DD outright making that class very miserable.

And quite often overlooked : 2/3 of the kills are actually fire kills as with a ROF of merely 3 seconds some have times the usually high number of them per side makes for continuously started fires.....

In game they are perfectly capable of whacking DD that missed their torpedo's, and/or your torpedo bulkheads dampened most of the damage......why be scared of such boats with poppy guns that burn you down when you run away ?  They are usefull to burn down larger ships too, under desperate circumstances....

When you play operations seconadaries are even more useful.....they fire at anything red,and if you boosted their range that can rack in quite some extra credits and XP.

These are a mere collection ( of one of my PC's i play the game on )  of the many DD that got whacked by secondaries....all noobs if i am to believe ( i do not ) Secondaries are just ignored.....fine, more fun for me.

Get sum !

SEC3.jpg

Sec4.jpg

sec5.jpg

sec8.jpg

Sec9.jpg

Sec10.jpg

Sec11.jpg

SEC2.jpg

Sec12.jpg

Sec13.jpg

Sec14.jpg

SEC1.jpg

Sec6.jpg

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

....welcome to the party, i guess better late than never lol :Smile_sceptic:....

feb '18 posted on german forum (might earlier in here, no idea :Smile_smile:)

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/96290-manuelles-feuern-der-sekundärbewaffnung/?tab=comments#comment-2307871

CCK62zt.jpg&key=ad152bd22f1bf3009aa36680

KfAo56d.jpg?1&key=9f3a7be77f40d5cdc9d909

don't u dare u to make a meme thread.... without the actual meme :Smile-_tongue::Smile_glasses::Smile_trollface::Smile_bajan2:

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,978 battles

I got to a line saying something about history and stopped reading.

Secondaries have been talked over so many times.

You want to use them, please do so, why make another thread about it?

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,498 posts
6,090 battles

They are useful on like 3 ships or something like that... On any other battleships they require a way too large skill investment(minimum 8 points wasted), and of course if you are being ambushed by destroyers in your battleships, you are playing them terribly to begin with.

What is the point of this thread?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,324 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

What is the point of this thread?

Promoting secondary specced CVs?

Fine with me if they cripple their own ships :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
32 minutes ago, Europizza said:

SEC2.jpg.078d2773ec8af77c7813820d299b5f7

:Smile_child::cap_like:

That is not my CV burning......it was the last act before winning the match, killing the other CV and live....you see the very last screen when the match ended and turned away to the result screen.

6 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Promoting secondary specced CVs?

Not really.....most of my CV's only have AFT and BFT and that is to repell the many attempted attacks to sink me by other CV.

To claim that is a waste of points....is to sink when you are the target of attack yourself. Don't pretend that never happens....CV's are too large to not be seen.....and a rediculous 10 % + 10 % reduction with skill and module is not going to change that.

• Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,498 posts
6,090 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

most of my CV's only have AFT and BFT

iWKad22.jpg

• Funny 7

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

iWKad22.jpg

That picture applies to you, because you were unknowledgeable before ?

Yeah CV are under attack by other CV all the time.....when they are not, there are always some DD that think they can do it.

Or did you mean i should just accept that if other CV or DD attack me i should just sink "becuase you fukked up" ?  No, i make the attackers pay.....

Ofcourse all should take the mandatory build, useless 10 % "concealment" of a ship that can be seen from the moon, of from torpedo bombers that can attack at any angle anyway. Or 0,5 sec faster closing reticules, that are closed before weapons relaese anyway ?  And ur HE spam DD divebombing just got nerfed.....don't need that at all.....learn to take actuall usefull points. Forget self proclaimend wizards.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,783 posts
19,478 battles

- sinks a ton of points into worthless 2ndary/AA skills

- complains about his planes getting killed all the time by mediocre/bad AA in other threads

Boy you are just full of comedy gold, aren't you?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[-AP-]
Players
2,498 posts
6,090 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

That picture applies to you, because you were unknowledgeable before ?

Yeah CV are under attack by other CV all the time.....when they are not, there are always some DD that think they can do it.

Or did you mean i should just accept that if other CV or DD attack me i should just sink "becuase you fukked up" ?  No, i make the attackers pay.....

Dont listen to me... Ill just let @El2aZeR explain why it is extremely inefficient to waste aft and bft on a cv....

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
Just now, thiextar said:

Dont listen to me... Ill just let @El2aZeR explain why it is extremely inefficient to waste aft and bft on a cv....

He ( or she what is it ) can't.....full of crap. Another fraud stat puffer with proven failed concepts.

• Funny 5

[-AP-]
Players
2,498 posts
6,090 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

He ( or she what is it ) can't.....full of crap.

*Really bad orange carrier player knows better than one of the best carrier player super-unicums*

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

- complains about his planes getting killed all the time by mediocre/bad AA in other threads

52777_goldig.jpg

:Smile_honoring:

• Funny 4

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,783 posts
19,478 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

He ( or she what is it ) can't.....full of crap. Another fraud stat puffer with proven failed concepts.

Lets see, during your entire career you destroyed 2225 ships over 3699 battles. Of which 58 were destroyed with secondaries and 311 with DoT.

So even assuming ALL of your DoT kills were with secondaries your investment would pay off as 0,1 kills per battle played. And we all know not all of that DoT is from secondaries so the real number will be far less than that.

Totally worth it lol.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,324 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I don't know ... according to him :

14 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

:cap_book: my abdominal muscles are starting to hurt :cap_haloween:

• Funny 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

ok boys 'n GuysInRrealLifeS.....

tin-foil-hat-time.jpg  :

what if now all the forum pros since legendary skybuck...... are one person?! guided by a multi-dimensional mastermind?!?!.....

i mean, each and every single time one vanishes or gets settled after being punched into forum capable condition the next

is already around the corner or already taking first steps into his new chosen home.

every... single..... time................

could it be that skybuck or the entity driving him once got his x-files DIRECTLY from that mastermind?... even more disturbing, could that mean all of it been true and we just been too blind to see?!?!?!... i mean like: multidimensional too blind to see?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!11111111111111111111

:Smile_amazed::Smile_unsure:

i think i gonna get me some easy to store supplies and canned food asap... laters :etc_hide_turtle:

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Have we found the new Acheron? :cap_haloween:

20 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Yes we did :crab::Smile_popcorn:

[KAKE]
Players
2,524 posts
5,980 battles
17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Lets see, during your entire career you destroyed 2225 ships over 3699 battles. Of which 58 were destroyed with secondaries and 311 with DoT.

So even assuming ALL of your DoT kills were with secondaries your investment would pay off as 0,1 kills per battle played. And we all know not all of that DoT is from secondaries so the real number will be far less than that.

Totally worth it lol.

I know this could come as a terrible blow, but based on a comment in that other thread, I suspect they may have blocked you. Which means your comment may go unseen and unappreciated by the OP.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles
2 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I know this could come as a terrible blow, but based on a comment in that other thread, I suspect they may have blocked you. Which means your comment may go unseen and unappreciated by the OP.

mandatory:

I KNEW IT, CONSPIRACY :Smile_izmena::dance_turtle::Smile_hiding:

[AMOK]
Players
1,955 posts
8,548 battles

By the time you are already blocked guys ...like me since last year :cap_haloween: now fill this threat with memes before its closed^^

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,589 posts
13,516 battles
1 minute ago, Donar79 said:

By the time you are already blocked guys ...like me since last year :cap_haloween: now fill this threat with memes before its closed^^

Soon everyone on the forums will be blocked, and it will become his own personal echo chamber.

• Funny 2