You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Ram bow-in - no dam at all, and torps searching 4 love

13 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

I posted this short vid because is the first time for me to experience a bow-in ram with no damage at all.

Happen in co-op ( I have just 1h to grab those 500 points = tockens) with a stock N Bambolina , and the target was a Sinop.

Was one of those stupid games when humans get smashed by Wows bots and we end-up 2 guys ( me and a Lazo) vs a N Carolina, ( my "image" bot) , a Sinop and a Fuji, and sure the bots hold the cap.s...cuz we all know, bots cap, humans do not :Smile_veryhappy:...

So, I manage to kill my nemessis , then hurt bad the Fiji ( got 90% of his HP) and Lazo killed him fast.

I am only me, a bit hurt ,  but facing a bow-in Sinop, in my stock NC; 

Lazo get close to him, at 1km or less, and I think: "now he will put those hard torps on Sinop and game ends !"

For my surprise, Lazo do nothing, just take a walk under Sinop nose, and here I start to be afrais now Sinop will one-shot him ! And we may loose to the bots if he out-manuver me, so I choose the safer way - ram him and let the Lazo win the game.

I write him on chat "torps Lazo ! " moment when he remember his shi do have, indeed, some very stronk torps !

So, he do launch the torps !  But, like on the Murphy laws, sure his torps ignored the Sinop at only 3km and went stight on my belly !!!

Lucky me, I took the torps on belt, no flooding, and I manage to manouver a bit parallel with Sinop and ram him again, this time a gentle lateral touch...

Against any logic and common sense, this time we both explode, and Lazo won the match.

So, high speed ram bo-in-bow = zero damage, lateral ram = granted kaboom.

That when just a game before I rammed with an Akazuky at 3000HP an Algerie who run at full speed on my smoke and we both blow-up in an instant. Algerie 70% HP.

But I ram him perpendiculat, bow on his  portside...

So, (sorry ifI am a bit late on this...) but now bow-in ram will deal zero damage if you hit other ship on bow ?

• Funny 2

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,790 battles

Indeed :D 

I was quite shocked to see this. Nowadays I play mostly co-op, and ramming my ship is a regular part of my plan - especially with my 3 remaining BB branches - one of which is exactly the NC as well. I have yet to experience this, but oh my gooooood I want to experience this first-hand, too :D 

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but the speed was definitely enough to squash both of you at your hp's... My only guess perhaps would be that you two hit each other pixel-perfectly on the tip of the nose - which might have caused a computing error... 

...or...

...this is again that ridiculously shabby new design of the "penetration bug": hit a module that has no hp, no damage will occur. But I have yet to see any special mini-modules at the tip of the noses, or a case of two mutually saturated noses negating any ram damage. In all honesty, I do not know what else to make of this, except "WG at its finest" again, lol:Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

Very cool occurance and kudos to capturing it for us :Smile_honoring:! :Smile_veryhappy: 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles

That's that 113mm plate on the bow I've been talking about in action..presumably

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,768 battles

I'm pretty damn sure this thread (or at least the issue) should make an appearance in bug reports...

Although I wouldn't expect much because the issue is probably nigh-impossible to reproduce, making looking for the possible causes much more tricky.

Players
4,014 posts

Its a feature I requested, because I really really really hate rammers, especially the ones who go ram a ship that has 3x less HP than theirs, OR god forbid ... ram FULL HP (last player alive) when enemy has ship advantage.

Seems WG implemented the feature already. Thanx!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,969 battles

I am not sure that you actually rammed it as kill was given to Lazo not to you.

Something very special did happen right there.

Funny to watch, if it will not occure again, just ignore it.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles

This is the best WoWs clip I have seen this year.
The torps are icing on the cake.

• Funny 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
On 6/5/2019 at 6:30 AM, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I am not sure that you actually rammed it as kill was given to Lazo not to you.

Something very special did happen right there.

Funny to watch, if it will not occure again, just ignore it.

You need to pay better attention at the video mate, its crystal clear I rammed him !

1.22 in video - I have 24kn !

1.24 in video my  speed sudden drop at 6kn, in only 2 sec,  and he bounces back. 

Never ever a bb can slow in 2 sec from 24kn at 6 kn without:

a) run aground b) ram a big ship.

The ramming occur, is pretty clear to anyone, is funny you write that "I am not sure that you actually rammed it as kill was given to Lazo not to you."

Second ram, this time bow to stern, low angle, and this time do damage 32%.

Again, you do not pay attention:

- At 2.42 I ram him again, this time on stern, lateral: he is in 24% HP (!!!) pay attention !

- A second later he is 2 % (!!!) and flooding, like me.

Lazo in no way could hit him from that angle, with HE, in a SINGLE SALVO, for 32 % of his HP, have some common sense !

He was flooding & burning, he dropped at 1% when Lazo hit him again for 1% damage with HE, he dies, kill go to Lazo.

Simple as that. Next time pay attention and use some common sense.

[POP]
Players
598 posts
11,702 battles

I too experienced a "rubbing the cheeks for a quite while" -ram in an Iowa against some RUBB whose name I forgot. I thought it was curious. There might be something wrong with their ramming model.

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
8 minutes ago, Altsak said:

I too experienced a "rubbing the cheeks for a quite while" -ram in an Iowa against some RUBB whose name I forgot. I thought it was curious. There might be something wrong with their ramming model.

It is, strange I found no info around about ramming mechanics changes;

Fact is, some weeks ago I witness a mate in Ops ( I think was the one with Missouri ...) when he ram a Colorado, also bow-in,. with a Nelson, then complain about no damage at all;

But I was far away, the game ended soon, and was no replay for me available at that moment to watch better;

Is that kind of things one only believe is possible only when will happens to him, you know...

Reason why I recorded the replay, edited,  and uploaded on Tube, so many of us here can see, comment and acknowledge...

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,959 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 12:33 AM, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Lucky me, I took the torps on belt, no flooding

There is no friendly DOT anymore.