Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
baronvonhenschel

Credits

9 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
10,613 battles

I just thought I would register my total disapproval that Wow deduct huge credits from you when you are in tiers 8 and above whether you win or lose. I know it is a business but come on guys.....what is the point in playing if this happens all the time. ........Stick to 7 and below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[CATS]
Players
26,201 posts
14,119 battles
9 minutes ago, baronvonhenschel said:

...Stick to 7 and below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

But with 7.000+ games you should know how WG earns money with this game....

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,133 posts
8,969 battles

Better that than having almost every village fool that can't think and breathe at the same time and their dog at tier 10. Instead we only get about half of them. (and no that wasn't a stab at you or anything)

[-AP-]
Players
2,498 posts
6,090 battles

You are losing money at tier 10 because you are playing badly. 

It's fully possible to earn credits in t10, if you are any good at the game. This system keeps some of the lowlife out of high tier battles, which is really nice

[BHSFL]
Players
3,428 posts
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

You are losing money at tier 10 because you are playing badly. 

It's fully possible to earn credits in t10, if you are any good at the game. This system keeps some of the lowlife out of high tier battles, which is really nice

No that isn't true.....you will lose credits or not progress anywhere ( making a mere 30 k after costs per match ) playing average, or score 1000 points.  Most players ofcourse do play average , it isnt called average for nothing.

Premiums with premium time belch out 600 k credits per match at tier VIII and IX. It is quite the difference if you want to buy ships and modules that costs tens of millions.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,439 posts
13,399 battles
52 minutes ago, baronvonhenschel said:

I just thought I would register my total disapproval that Wow deduct huge credits from you when you are in tiers 8 and above whether you win or lose.

This isn't entirely true: T8, at least, is reasonably okay for earning credits - especially if you win. That said, as mentioned above, you've been playing for long enough to understand the WOWS business model - short version: pay money if you want to play exclusively at higher tiers.

There are ways to mitigate this though (in case you want tips, rather than just an opportunity to vent; if the latter, others may find this helpful, I suppose):

• Win more. Tedious, but you get better rewards when you don't lose; if you can revisit the basics such that you can nudge up your WR (especially at the more expensive tiers) by even a small amount, you should make more silver overall. Ditto xp etc. come to that.
  • Do more damage, and do it to smol boats. This doesn't mean lurk at the back and farm damage like a tosser (which would be counter to the previous point), but rather (again) revisit the basics such that you start doing a bit more damage consistently, as damage is the key driver of rewards. Also, recall that what really matters is %damage i.e. 10,000 hp of damage done to a DD will reap greater rewards than the same damage done to a BB.
  • Kill stuff. Besides removing guns from the game, kills boost your rewards (but lots of damage still matters more).
  • Don't take a full premium consumable loadout, unless you have to - basic versions obviously don't cost anything to replenish, but are less effective. Only take premium consumables where you absolutely need to.
  • Farm silver. There are just some ships/modes that will cost you silver, more or less regardless; to pay for such games, make an effort to play games where you have a good chance of getting more silver i.e. Ops, and lower tier randoms (T5-7ish). Save credit-boosting signals and camo for use in such battles. Playing lower tiers also tends to be good practice in a lower pressure environment - see earlier points about getting better at doing damage and winning.
  • Premium account: if you're free to play, this is very valuable. When you win some premium time, make good use of it (maybe play some 'certain profit' battles, with flags) when you do have it, and where possible, try and time winning it such that you have time available to play once you've got it.
  • Premium ships. Get every free premium ship that you can (again, assuming f2p) - some of the higher tier coal ships are spectacular earners, ditto almost any free xp ship (assuming you know what to do with them); take every daily coal container that you can so as to speed this up.
  • Ranked/Clan Wars. Play both modes, if you dig high tier ships - the economies tend to be a lot more benign (=less expensive).
  • Fully upgrade ships and captains, and don't rush up the tiers. Some players try and save silver by not tooling up their ships; this is generally not wise, as it makes you less effective (see damage/winning again). Make sure your key ships (at least) have good captains in them - 10 points at the minimum, and higher for some things e.g. where IFHE is a must; again, this will make you more effective (ditto). Finally, don't rush up the tiers - going slower will give time to get better (WR and damage, again), as well as get your captains sufficiently skilled.

That's all assuming you're f2p; if you have any money to spend on the game, get premium time - that's the single most effective way to help your silver earnings (although all the above still applies). Also, consider getting one or two really effective premium ships - ideally, that you can use in Ops. Something like Scharn for the T7 one is great (and speeds up captain training).

You probably know all of this already though; the high tier economy is annoying, but there are plenty of ways to work around it whether f2p or a whale (or somewhere in between).

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,498 posts
6,090 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

No that isn't true.....you will lose credits or not progress anywhere ( making a mere 30 k after costs per match ) playing average, or score 1000 points.  Most players ofcourse do play average , it isnt called average for nothing.

Premiums with premium time belch out 600 k credits per match at tier VIII and IX. It is quite the difference if you want to buy ships and modules that costs tens of millions.

I didnt say average players can make a profit in tier 10, i said good players can.

And if you are an average player, you can always work your way towards one of the high tier coal ships, that should set you up with all the credit farming you need.

Players
151 posts
7,323 battles

Can't aggree more about all your tips.
I would only add that you better keep your specials flags/camo for when you get premium time (better on premium ships if you can) for even more crédits.

Oh and the flag India Bravo Therrathree is must-have on every T 8-9-10 ships because you'll save up a fuckton of crédits with it (-10% of ship repair).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,291 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

Source for these numbers? Or are you just making them up?

Sign in to follow this