Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Slava resource type?

8 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,496 posts
6,082 battles

So i just got to rank 6, and can now afford the stalingrad.

Ive checked all the upcoming ships, and there is only one that i might be interested in over the stalingrad, the slava. Problem is, i dont know what the slava will be sold for.

This is a qoute that wargaming posted a while back:

On 3/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, Verdius said:

Soviet battleship Slava, tier X

Slava will take her place next to the Kremlin and will be the second tier ten in the line of Soviet battleships. The reason why we did not install her guns as an alternative module on the Kremlin and decided to introduce a new battleship are due to the following factors: gun calibres of 457 mm vs 406 mm have a large difference in gameplay and armor penetration. This is especially noticeable when interacting with cruisers and directly affects their behavior in battle.

The second ship will offer an alternative gameplay that will be different from the “main” tier X and will help to avoid confusion in determining the caliber of the guns. The initial concept that we want to test on the battleship Slava at the moment is a ranged sniper with good armor, but with less damage per minute and fewer hit points than her sister. In the future, we plan to make similar separation for other ships with similar differences in the game.

1*BmjuTie5KxPSJRNhzknfnA.jpeg

I interpret this as the slava being a second tech-tree tier 10 costing xp and credits, but it doesnt explicitly state so.

All i need to know is if the slava will be sold for steel or not, as i would want to save my steel if that is the case.

Could someone clarify this, or is it not yet decided what the slava will be sold for? @Sub_Octavian @MrConway

Beta Tester
892 posts

Well the community contributors said you could choose between Kreml and the Slava, that turns out to be false. So guess no one really knows.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, Hannibalurg said:

Well the community contributors said you could choose between Kreml and the Slava, that turns out to be false. So guess no one really knows.

Not false as people will be able to choose on whether to get the Kreml or Slava (first) when grinding the Soyuz. It's just that the Slava isn't released yet as it requires more balancing (you really wouldn't want to have the Slava released in its then form, that thing was disgustingly OP).

Slava is still slated to be a normal tech tree ship branching off from the Soyuz.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not false as people will be able to choose on whether to get the Kreml or Slava (first) when grinding the Soyuz. It's just that the Slava isn't released yet as it requires more balancing (you really wouldn't want to have the Slava released in its then form, that thing was disgustingly OP).

Slava is still slated to be a normal tech tree ship branching off from the Soyuz.

Well it's not like the Kreml is much better balanced :Smile_smile:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

Well it's not like the Kreml is much better balanced :Smile_smile:

Previous Slava iteration would eat a Kreml for breakfast.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,136 posts
13,624 battles

Will be a side -grade to Kremlin, so a standard Tree-ship.

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Slava at the moment is a ranged sniper

Sniped my CV at ~ 19km and killed in two salvos.

Sign in to follow this