You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HussarKaz

TOTALLY NOT OP Soviet battleships

110 comments in this topic

Players
312 posts
914 battles

tfw fantasy ships are way better that actually existing warships

Let's start with the ships being present in game for some time.

T8

image.thumb.png.053f95e6fd085114b9182ecb31930276.png

Tier 7:

image.thumb.png.4c3a438ec883f445876921ae8af49418.png

T6

image.thumb.png.aa8c268b7706e1ab97740ef80746afde.png

T5

image.thumb.png.5adb77cc0705c3cd8245642321909865.png

Hmmmm.

Maybe new ones are not that powerful?

T10

image.thumb.png.c551aa2499fe4ebe3250d8ca7fe8e876.png

T9

image.thumb.png.77c8edfd47903dfd49fba043b9ff1a9e.png

T4 is also weird. The only operational Soviet BB - Gangut - is very strong but looks balanced, while the old known Nikolai is strong as hell. Please note that Gangut fought only 2k battles.

image.thumb.png.8ee75f375513e6667b76efeb6d484111.png

T3 - Suvorov has only 2k battles so I think it is too early to judge its performance.

image.thumb.png.c752e463f9f1699d6b75d43df001b766.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

Players
6,826 posts
245 battles

Give it some time the battle samples are still very small, and not a single ship has hit 100k yet.

Not saying they aren't good but some of those ships have 5mil plus battles so their stats are going to be massively more consistent than the russians.

Although i have to admit they are very solid ships from what i have witnessed in battle myself.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
2,506 posts
6,110 battles

Too small sample size too early. Mostly the more dedicated players will have them already, so their stats are inflated.

They do seem very strong tho.

• Cool 4

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,397 battles

Mostly quick grinders have these ships this early. Usually veteran players with a stockpiles of FXP and/or economy boosters. Most of these are above average players. 

• Cool 5

Players
312 posts
914 battles
3 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Mostly quick grinders have these ships this early. Usually veteran players with a stockpiles of FXP and/or economy boosters. Most of these are above average players. 

Of course, that's why I started from the ships Tier 5-8. Most players had a chance to play at least one during 1st part of Victory event thanks to containers. Not only good players but bad as well. :Smile_Default:

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,592 battles

Sample size of 10k compared with 1M or 2M :Smile_facepalm:

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,397 battles
Just now, HussarKaz said:

Of course, that's why I started from the ships Tier 5-8. Most players had a chance to play at least one during 1st part of Victory event. Not only good players but bad as well.

oh sorry I should have specified that I was only talking about ships tier 6+. Balance doesnt even exist on the lower tiers anyway

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,477 posts

If they keep overperforming they will be nerfed, most are tech tree....

But as stated by @thiextar it is too early to tell......veterans will do better climbing the tree then the ones that will come fresh and clueless after climbing the tech tree. In that case it is the driver, not the vehicle that is overperforming.

Much of the "premium CV are OP" is based on that too.

Players
3,130 posts
10,626 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Well that was the case with the old RST style CV's? :cap_tea:

And anyone who says the Sapian, Kaga and Enterprise wasn't better then their silver counter parts back then is just lying.  That's how correct I am with that one. 

Not sure about the rework ones tho.   But the Enterprise seems to be very strong, not seen that many Kaga's to be honest but the Sapian seems to have fallen from grace. Mixed bag at the moment. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,016 posts

Since the majority of the player base can't optimally use dmg control party, WG thought limiting it would balance them out perfectly ;)

[CATS]
Players
26,262 posts
14,162 battles

Take these numbers with a grain of salt as the ships are too new and weekly stats tend to change a bit (and the new RU BB were only counted for 3 days):

image.thumb.png.2aa01cb16ab406bc69afeddc68d041e4.png

image.thumb.png.907c727955dbba654239c3cf3062f9f4.png

image.thumb.png.3ab93baceaaa925b4f590a47f6158257.png

image.thumb.png.75ace52e4568b3c0c77a82394f60eea2.png

image.thumb.png.a9fd3b07b4f6d753eaa5d65a83859d4e.png

image.thumb.png.7257dd78eb6a75baaacba8a6babb1648.png

image.thumb.png.86c1f11abe8dceae1bcdebe6f2c85554.png

image.thumb.png.2b5b0584fa5bc53032ff788ed12060eb.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190601/eu_week/average_ship.html

While these numbers do not say much, yet. It is save to assume that the RU BB are not too weak as some players claim.

While they look strong, it is too early to claim them to be too strong. And it is very unlikely for a whole line to perform that way in the long run.

But I would not be surprised if some ships are indeed too strong and I have one/two suspects.

• Cool 2

Players
3,130 posts
10,626 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

But I would not be surprised if some ships are indeed too strong and I have one/two suspects.

Can you elaborate? 

[HAZEL]
Players
4 posts
6,185 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

If they keep overperforming they will be nerfed, most are tech tree....

But as stated by @thiextar it is too early to tell......veterans will do better climbing the tree then the ones that will come fresh and clueless after climbing the tech tree. In that case it is the driver, not the vehicle that is overperforming.

Yep, I've been playing the T3 and T4 Russian BBs, and there are a lot of newer players doing things like exposing nice broadsides, or brawling with cruisers.  Having mostly played around T6 you really notice the difference. 

[LADA]
Players
545 posts
8,476 battles
54 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Can you elaborate? 

Kremlin definitely seems incredibly hard to hurt from the frontal arc - ranked has really brought to the fore how durable it is. Far more tanky in practice than its paper armour stats would indicate.

Vladivostok seems similar.

Sinop is very tough for T7 - I've been very surprised just how much fire it can take when I park it right...

WG basically made a ship line custom designed for the bow-tanking mentality, with additional resistance to HE spam to boot. How do you normally dig out a bow-camper? HE spa-  oh wait.

Then again, if the same people responsible for the rework balance were let loose on the RU BSBBs - we should be grateful it isn't worse.....

=)

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,477 posts
2 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

And anyone who says the Sapian, Kaga and Enterprise wasn't better then their silver counter parts back then is just lying.  That's how correct I am with that one. 

Not sure about the rework ones tho.   But the Enterprise seems to be very strong, not seen that many Kaga's to be honest but the Sapian seems to have fallen from grace. Mixed bag at the moment. 

I dont want to derail the thread but plain old Lexi the tech tree ship in my hands plays more comfortable then the Enterprise, and the ship itself is much stronger ( AA and secondaries ) which i happen to ( have to ) use regularly.

I don't feel myself RU BB are that great......they have good armour, hard hitting guns under 10 km deleting broadside BB's but the ones i used are very vulnerable to being burned down despite anti-burn skills and modules. And they overpenetrate cruisers almost every shot, having to switch between HE and AP very often.

I like them ( closing in has always been my preferred style ) but i do not think they are overly powerful.

• Boring 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles
2 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Enterprise is OP due to a variety of factors. Kaga is a solid performer, it doesn't have any flashy lol delete like enterprise AP bombs, it just has so many planes it can pretty much brute force most situations for the majority of the match.

Saipan is highly MM dependent - it takes a flying dump on tier 6, but tier X AA still kills them and it has neither the reserves of the kaga nor the fast respawn of the enterprise. This makes it a bit of a gamble.

GZ I dont have but was seen as the weakest, and just got a nerf via the speed changes.

• Cool 3

Players
17 posts
58 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Kremlin definitely seems incredibly hard to hurt from the frontal arc - ranked has really brought to the fore how durable it is. Far more tanky in practice than its paper armour stats would indicate.

Vladivostok seems similar.

Sinop is very tough for T7 - I've been very surprised just how much fire it can take when I park it right...

WG basically made a ship line custom designed for the bow-tanking mentality, with additional resistance to HE spam to boot. How do you normally dig out a bow-camper? HE spa-  oh wait.

Then again, if the same people responsible for the rework balance were let loose on the RU BSBBs - we should be grateful it isn't worse.....

=)

Havent played the kremlin , but i have some experience on the tier 7 and tier 8.

The Sinop is a good ship and tanks well against equal tier or below ships, however it appears that the deck is soaked in gasoline ... constantly being set on fire , also because it has 25 mm of deck armor it eats a lot of HE damage. Plus being a Russian BB it has one less heal compared with others. Not op but a good ship.

Vlad is hecking good , great armor , S tier guns and accuraty at short ranges, great speed and turning capabilities. Eats torps like hell and his massive but i guess you cant have anything! She is for sure my favorite tier 8 right now!

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,487 posts
11,145 battles

Love my Sinop.

It's very strong and accurate then I give broadside and take 3 citadels.

Fun gameplay, punishing mistakes.

Players
473 posts
8,462 battles
36 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Love my Sinop.

It's very strong and accurate then I give broadside and take 3 citadels.

Fun gameplay, punishing mistakes.

Sinop up close is hilarious, i had an almost full health Fiji closing on me fast from the front and about to turn to deliver his torps.......needless to say he never finished that turn due to a devastating strike

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

All I know about them is they LOVE being hit by my AP bombs :Smile_trollface:

Yeah, just finished a game where I got multiple citadels with my Shoku on Vladivostoks but Kremlin seems really hard to damage with AP or torpedoes, even assuming you can get past the AA ( is it the highest rating in game?)

[COMFY]
Players
1,367 posts
8,121 battles

Lenin is trash though especially in comparison with Vladivostok

One of the worst tier VIII BBs IMO

• Boring 1

Players
3,227 posts
6 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

I personally thing the Kaga and Saipan are in the wrong tier, should be 7 like thy used to be, but WG in their wisdom think they know best, too weak for tier I think.