Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

0 damage pens!!! (!!£$$!!&**!!)

8 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Players
137 posts
9,119 battles

I have literally just rage quit to the forum to post this because of how many zero damage pens I have been receiving since 0.8.4

What is happening??? What has changed???

What tops it off, I remember seeing something recently from Wargaming explaining zero damage pens? I think it was one of those How-to videos.

Beta Tester
997 posts
15,801 battles
50 minutes ago, valoaa said:

What is happening??? What has changed???

Works like intended. Suposedly you penetrated the structure and hit the citadel armor, your shell did not have enough balistics to penetrate its armor after penetrateting the first layer, you get penetration ribbon, but the damage is 0 because it didnt do anything significant, same as destroyed AA guns suck in all the splash damage resulting in 0 damage to the hull.

WG suposedly will adress this with introducing new ribbons.

Tho i admit, it is stupid at some point, but not as damage saturation, which can add up to this issue sometimes too.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[POMF]
Players
137 posts
9,119 battles

So as I understand, before 0.8.4 these shell hits showed as shatters? Hence the exponential increase me of noticing them now.

[BS4]
Players
1,288 posts
7,260 battles
2 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Works like intended. Suposedly you penetrated the structure and hit the citadel armor, your shell did not have enough balistics to penetrate its armor after penetrateting the first layer, you get penetration ribbon, but the damage is 0 because it didnt do anything significant, same as destroyed AA guns suck in all the splash damage resulting in 0 damage to the hull.

WG suposedly will adress this with introducing new ribbons.

Tho i admit, it is stupid at some point, but not as damage saturation, which can add up to this issue sometimes too.

If that's indeed how it works then that's just silly and needs reworking. So you did damage to some part of the ship and it should be reflected even if its a very small amount of the HP Pool.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,225 posts

Of course, it only works as intended on the shots you fire, not on the shot that are at the receiving end of... (is this grammatically correct?)

[SHAFT]
Players
9,611 posts
8,867 battles
2 hours ago, valoaa said:

So as I understand, before 0.8.4 these shell hits showed as shatters? Hence the exponential increase me of noticing them now.

No has been happening for a longer time. I think, the torpedo bulges showing as pens hasnt been around always tho (pen or overmatch bulges, but get stuck in belt armor). I think this has been around since they experimented with shells dealing atleast 10% damage when they penetrate, which they scrapped, since torpedo bulges would have been included. Otherwise would have been a good change imo.

Sign in to follow this