You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grimwill

I'd count up your ranked stars

21 comments in this topic

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,326 battles

So last Friday I'm playing some ranked and think I'm missing a star.  Raise a ticket - WG not hugely helpful - but I put it down to me not counting correctly.

I end last night at rank 8, one star - playing only one game all day.  You know it's good to end on a new rank with the bonus star, go to bed and start the next day with a buffer.

This morning I play three games, lose first two but come top and then win the third.  I'm still at rank 8, one star.

Raised another ticket with WG with screens and their response went along the lines of:

It is possible that you have gone to rank battle, lose in battle and do not wait until battle ends. Go to next battle and lose there.

So the games are finished, all three, and I've waited 20 minutes to see if things change, they haven't.

So as it stands, I'm at least a star down, with proof and WG are being unhelpful in their responses.

I'd check all your games and check you're actually on the rank you should be, unless free stars are being given away too!  If so - lucky you!

If someone at WG will actually look at the screens and my games its very obvious the rank is wrong - unhelpful ticket responses don't help.

Grim

[TTT]
Players
2,095 posts
21,141 battles

Sometimes it's the client. I once finished on rank 1 and got the rewards but back in port I was missing a star. :Smile_amazed:  A client restart fixed it.

I'm sure the system is fully automated so if something is wrong you need perfect and complete proof for every star you earned (and kept and lost) to have a chance with support.

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,326 battles

Thanks, sent them a spreadhsheet of all the games and the standings and I've gotten every replay if they want it to proof.

Frustration is this morning I've played only three games and it's happened (so not many games) and I've asked them to check the three games with replay proof and a screenshot and still no joy.

Like saying to someone to check 2+2 and they keep telling me it's 3! :(.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Weird.

I never experienced a star actualy missing (also never one too much very sadly). What does happen sometimes is the client failing to count properly when more than one battle is going on simultaniously. This is however fixed by a simple restart of the client/game because the server KNOWS how many stars you have.

Maybe you actualy did play more than one game (one being in an earlier session)?

Or you ended the last session with a star less thinking you had Rank 8 +1 but actualy were Rank 8 + 0 but the client was showing otherwise because of the above mentioned issue?

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,326 battles

I've ranked out most seasons and it's never happened before like this either.

I would have put the first one, last week,  down to my error but since then I've been writing down every game (not that I don't trust WG).  There were only three games this morning before this has happened and is 100% wrong on their side.  I've even resorted to spreadsheeting every game with w/l and position in team to prove this.  

So much work to prove a fecking star lol ;(.

Looking forward to my maths being challenged.......................

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
1 hour ago, Grimwill said:

So last Friday I'm playing some ranked and think I'm missing a star. 

I can't remember if it was Friday or Saturday but I think I'm also missing a star. We won a battle and I didn't get the expected star but with it being my first session playing Ranked just put it down to not knowing the rules and how the rewards worked.

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,592 battles
2 hours ago, Grimwill said:

So last Friday I'm playing some ranked and think I'm missing a star.  Raise a ticket - WG not hugely helpful - but I put it down to me not counting correctly.

I end last night at rank 8, one star - playing only one game all day.  You know it's good to end on a new rank with the bonus star, go to bed and start the next day with a buffer.

This morning I play three games, lose first two but come top and then win the third.  I'm still at rank 8, one star.

Raised another ticket with WG with screens and their response went along the lines of:

It is possible that you have gone to rank battle, lose in battle and do not wait until battle ends. Go to next battle and lose there.

So the games are finished, all three, and I've waited 20 minutes to see if things change, they haven't.

So as it stands, I'm at least a star down, with proof and WG are being unhelpful in their responses.

I'd check all your games and check you're actually on the rank you should be, unless free stars are being given away too!  If so - lucky you!

If someone at WG will actually look at the screens and my games its very obvious the rank is wrong - unhelpful ticket responses don't help.

Grim

You really contacted CS about a missing star? What were you expecting, them to refund you?:cap_haloween:

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,326 battles

Haha, no........... 2 stars, one last Friday and one today.

I'm going to get my stars back.  Not sure how much more evidence I could give them.

You're so cynical :).

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,592 battles

Well I wish you the best of luck in reaching stardom, most of us can only dream of making it 

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
11,744 battles

Happened to me last night as Well after winning 3battles only 2 stars were added now Im curious to check if and how the restart of the client will fix it because then i played more until reaching rank 5, so if it will be fixes it should give me rank 5+1star but for a game played outside prime league?

Players
4,014 posts

Do not expect wg to just give stars based on your screens and replays.

Not saying that you are wrong, but if more players are having same problems, they need to approach the problem globally - fixing the code.

If that is the case expect global compensation and not individual ones.

Good luck.

Players
2,882 posts
16,293 battles
3 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Sometimes it's the client. I once finished on rank 1 and got the rewards but back in port I was missing a star. :Smile_amazed:  A client restart fixed it.

This happened to me a few times in previous seasons. Never lost a star "for real", it was always there after a restart.

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,326 battles

Well, they closed the ticket and said their logs were fine......... :(.  

Incredible.

If the most anal man for writing down his games can't get them to understand, I'm not sure anyone will.

I guess 2+2 really does equal 3.  Or 5 in some other peoples case I'm sure.

Sigh.  Back to the grind, which is now a bit steeper than it ought to be.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
7 hours ago, Grimwill said:

You dont get a bonus star after R11. Only from 18-11 you get one extra. From 10 onwards, if you get to a new rank, you start with 0 stars.

Maybe thats your calculation error? :cap_hmm:

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
405 posts
12,036 battles

Has also happened in Naval Battles with missing stars

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,324 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

You dont get a bonus star after R11. Only from 18-11 you get one extra. From 10 onwards, if you get to a new rank, you start with 0 stars.

Maybe thats your calculation error? :cap_hmm:

I was thinking the same .. but I assume OP is smarter than that?

[THROW]
[THROW]
Beta Tester
52 posts
9,326 battles

You know, it was, I said sorry to WG yesterday.............. 

Never assume smart - very dangerous.

Were there ever bonus stars past rank 11, or have I compounded my idiocy with something that has alway been?

Players
551 posts
21,096 battles
12 minutes ago, Grimwill said:

Were there ever bonus stars past rank 11

Nope. At least not for years if ever.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Started today with rank 10 and one star, won the first battle, the result was rank 10 and one star. This was the first battle of the day, and I've not noticed it happening after the first battle, I think in retrospect my first post about a missing star would refer to the first battle in a session.

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
3 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Started today with rank 10 and one star, won the first battle, the result was rank 10 and one star. This was the first battle of the day, and I've not noticed it happening after the first battle, I think in retrospect my first post about a missing star would refer to the first battle in a session.

Same here...Rank 10 and one star...only had 2 battles this evening, both wins and now on 10 and 2 stars.

• Cool 1