Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

Twitch....

11 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,842 posts
6,892 battles

It's for watching streamers such as flamu or flambass for example. 

You need to make a twitch account and then link your wargaming account to it to receive twitch drops

Players
784 posts

I have created a twitch account and linked it to my wows account.

How do the drops work? Do I need to comment in chat? Or do i get picked by random? watch the stream 24/7/365?

[LEEUW]
Players
2,895 posts
10,504 battles
1 minute ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

How do the drops work? Do I need to comment in chat? Or do i get picked by random? watch the stream 24/7/365?

Just watch and then you will receive containers. The more you watch, the more chance to win a container.

Im not sure what the droprate or threshold is to receive them though.

• Cool 2

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,313 battles
4 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

There is an article about when next drops will start (from tomorrow on) - you can then get up to five crates while watching a streamer who tagged "World of Warships" like a CC. If I remember correctly the stream must not be muted, too.

• Cool 1

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles

No need to talk in chat for credit, but some rooms/streamers are well worth chatting to.  Just don't mute twitch's sound or it won't count you as watching.  It's kinda random even if you watch for hours but eh, free stuff is not to be whined about (many will try and prove me wrong on this).

Most streamers will have twitch drops enabled and will say so in their stream topic. 

If you have amazon prime already you can get one free subscription to a streamer of your choice by linking it to twitch as well (subs remove ads, add emotes and basically support the guy you picked a little)

Mainly though I watch for fun and the boxes are a bonus

[-AP-]
Players
2,842 posts
6,892 battles
13 minutes ago, Xanta99 said:

Just don't mute twitch's sound or it won't count you as watching.

Are you sure about that? Ive always had a tabbed down muted stream in the past for twitch drops, and its worked.

Have they changed this recently? Could you link a source?

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,313 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Are you sure about that? Ive always had a tabbed down muted stream in the past for twitch drops, and its worked.

Have they changed this recently? Could you link a source?

Found this one where Sehales mentions that a muted stream could interfere... https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/116617-updated-244-april’s-twitch-drops-just-got-better/?do=findComment&comment=2964652

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
7 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

I've gotten pretty much all of my containers via the classic muted-144p-stream-being-ignored-in-the-background method...

• Funny 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I've gotten pretty much all of my containers via the classic muted-144p-stream-being-ignored-in-the-background method...

My prefered option is to start watching then immediately be required to go do various tasks for the wife and kids - voila a solid 1-2 hours of streaming.