You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

kremlin armor

42 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles

i'm a bit confused tbh we not have a thread on this yet :Smile_unsure:...............

so, now we got the glorious "IF" piece of mastery in worlds most famous shipbuilding......

what u think of her?

imo:

bloody op. has to be, if the stalingrad ever was! that armor is just.... disgustingly stubborn. certain number of dcp?! lol, barely ever used all. heals are used much more, but with 1 short it not is any different from a full sec build.... while the armor takes less dmg overall, thus the missing heal is kinda... not missing.

guns: ouch, if they hit!

AA: ouch....just ouch!

had a ton of very good matches in ranked, and if only by blocking like half their fleet somewhere. some in which i just misplayed and some in which i dealt quite some dmg. yesterday not been that good, but i think that might be coz i tried to bb on a ca day :Smile_great:....

long story short, "kremlin"?:

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_facepalm:

... as expected comrad, da :Smile_honoring:

edit, thx man :Smile_honoring::

10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Only t10 cruiser that will pen this with IFHE is hindenburg (not counting 305 shells obviously) and its he is a bit anemic, whittling down 110k hp + heals is gonna take some time, next cb might be very interesting if kreml meta develops...

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
5 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

-snip-

I don't know, I've read somewhere it's underpowered. Are you sure it's not just an L2P overdose on your side?

• Funny 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I don't know, I've read somewhere it's underpowered. Are you sure it's not just an L2P overdose on your side?

anyone ever played a moskva or stalin halfway decent in cb's should have no probs imo. bouncing full yama salvos short range aint no joke lol (1 shot me on round 5km with kinda no dmg at all xD).... also, all the he spammers might try to chew u, but mostly they're kinda left with trying so to say.

concealment is good as well.... woat not to luv?!

pretty sure not a l2p overdose, ask my clan :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_great:

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles

Very very strong.

Me (Balancedgrad) and my Div mate (Free XP Kremlin :Smile_trollface:) yesterday in randoms and.....Wiped the floor with the enemy team.

Which ever side we was on we dominated, swung into the other and here endth the story.

Incredibly strong bow on, heavy shells that are cruiser accurate under 14 km and AA was, just funny. 

Take away from that what you will.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,283 posts
24,145 battles

Did 260+k in her the other day, in ranked...

Usually 3-4 million incoming per match

• Funny 2

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles

Mine:

Stalingrad   Stalingrad 10 U.S.S.R. 5 80% 1 819 129 610 1.4 1 Details

Mates (sure he wont mind):

4 Kremlin   Kremlin 10 U.S.S.R. 14 57.14% 988 130 610 1.36 7.64 Details

You can keep that average damage thank you.  

We are just abusing it at the moment chaps and that sounds really pathetic, but WG are giving us these tools in the form of Russian vodka.

Anyone arguing that the Balancegrad isn't "OP/Extremely strong" is smoking something.  And that's with a 10 point captain :Smile_trollface: (thought i would get a premium Russian captain with spare gold from old Cv's) .

I mean you can get a muppet to sail any ship and they will still die, but if you just keep these ships pointed towards the enemy you cant go wrong. 

p.s. killed 7 ships between us in the last match yesterday. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles
5 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Mine:

Stalingrad   Stalingrad 10 U.S.S.R. 5 80% 1 819 129 610 1.4 1 Details

Mates (sure he wont mind):

4 Kremlin   Kremlin 10 U.S.S.R. 14 57.14% 988 130 610 1.36 7.64 Details

You can keep that average damage thank you.  

We are just abusing it at the moment chaps and that sounds really pathetic, but WG are giving us these tools in the form of Russian vodka.

Anyone arguing that the Balancegrad isn't "OP/Extremely strong" is smoking something.  And that's with a 10 point captain :Smile_trollface: (thought i would get a premium Russian captain with spare gold from old Cv's) .

I mean you can get a muppet to sail any ship and they will still die, but if you just keep these ships pointed towards the enemy you cant go wrong. 

while indeed i do not like the style at all and mostly have sheet stats on such ships in randoms i played moskva and stalin in former cb seasons a lot. i only can agree, these ships are op by design if played out right. while kind of any other ship plops as well if u catch it broad....

the kremlin now just tops em again, even an ifhe hiv is just spitting water on it lol

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles

Annoying as crap to deal with when angled, free citadels once you get their broadside has been my experience so far.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles

somehow i expect quite some of em to be in next cb season. that, or sniper bb's i guess will dominate. which would be legendary yama tops atm, but i expect the slava to take that place....

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles
20 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

while indeed i do not like the style at all and mostly have sheet stats on such ships in randoms i played moskva and stalin in former cb seasons a lot. i only can agree, these ships are op by design if played out right. while kind of any other ship plops as well if u catch it broad....

the kremlin now just tops em again, even an ifhe hiv is just spitting water on it lol

Already said that this could be the pick of BB in Clans or Slava.  Any ship that has cruiser accuracy under 14+, bow-on, in a game full of cruisers is a winner. That's why the Grad was strong. 

If CV's are in, even better as it has fantastic AA. What is the odds....

17 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Annoying as crap to deal with when angled, free citadels once you get their broadside has been my experience so far.

This always makes me laugh when justifying a ships weakness in all the strengths... ALL ships are free citadels when caught broadside. Well, like 90% of them.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,583 posts
13,502 battles

I don't know if it's OP or not, that being said:

- I would tone down the side armour only at the citadel, bringing it more in line with BBs like Yamato and Montana(409-410mm)

This way, the ship is still perfectly capable of angling, but mistakes such as showing too much broadside are more easily punished.

- I would tone down the AA a bit, but not sledgehammer it. 

As a pusher, the AA is nice. No need to make it weak, but no need to keep it so strong, such that it eclipses the other BBs by this much. 

- I would maybe reduce the concealment a bit.

My thoughts.

• Cool 1

[VH]
Players
165 posts
14,784 battles

as in another post this is why everyone is now favouring HE instead of AP becayuse nobody is going into brawling range and just island hugging and focusing single ships down i watched in a match this morning as a lone kremlin went steaming into 2 yama admitedly both half health and just butchered them both without AP shells

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles
42 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

This always makes me laugh when justifying a ships weakness in all the strengths... ALL ships are free citadels when caught broadside. Well, like 90% of them.

In fairness out of the tier 10 BB's the Kremlin and Yamato are the ones that can get citadelled on a reliable basis. 

Never said that was a justifiable weakness, IMO BB's in general should be easier to citadel or punish when they make mistakes.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles
42 minutes ago, oosel said:

as in another post this is why everyone is now favouring HE instead of AP becayuse nobody is going into brawling range and just island hugging and focusing single ships down i watched in a match this morning as a lone kremlin went steaming into 2 yama admitedly both half health and just butchered them both without AP shells

hmm.... so what, bobos gonna bobo. i noopiditly insist on playing most of my bb's with ap and have no probs. i yesterday went into a cap with a harugumo and a chappy on my mino....

this is the result

Minotaur    Minotaur X 1 100%
Super Unicum
4 246
Super Unicum
132 095 4 3

ap won i'd say :Smile_trollface:, i survived....

1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

I don't know if it's OP or not, that being said:

- I would tone down the side armour only at the citadel, bringing it more in line with BBs like Yamato and Montana(409-410mm)

This way, the ship is still perfectly capable of angling, but mistakes such as showing too much broadside are more easily punished.

- I would tone down the AA a bit, but not sledgehammer it. 

As a pusher, the AA is nice. No need to make it weak, but no need to keep it so strong, such that it eclipses the other BBs by this much. 

- I would maybe reduce the concealment a bit.

My thoughts.

can see the approach, but i don't think it's the right way tbh. we all know how stalins played out in cb's b4 ifhe hiv's became "standard". 

the problem is the armor. the situation is back, just one level further. with no ifhe hiv to save the day so to say. u want someone to not go somewhere, "no matter" the numbers?

just plant a kremlin and nothing will pass.

edit:

scratch that. with option of ifhe hindi counterplay is possible, just gated....

so, any other tweaking might do it as well, while i think armor would be best though.

[JRM]
Players
6,283 posts
24,145 battles

Only t10 cruiser that will pen this with IFHE is hindenburg (not counting 305 shells obviously) and its he is a bit anemic, whittling down 110k hp + heals is gonna take some time, next cb might be very interesting if kreml meta develops...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles
31 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

thx, wasn't aware of that :Smile_great::Smile_honoring:!!!

which is a bit of a joke in itself lol....

- introduce hiv with highest ifhe potential at that point

- give hburg built in ifhe to keep it competitive somehow

- introduce stalin, making ifhe hiv mandatory antagonist in cb's

- introduce kremlin, making hiv obsolete in that regard

- make ifhe hburg mandatory antagonist to kremlin....

cb comp:

kremlin or slava, stalin, 2x ifhe hindis, 2x ifhe hiv's (1 more stalin for one less of the others ofc as well).... and a shima with longlances?! :Smile_amazed::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,283 posts
24,145 battles

Precisely, and suddenly a near obsolete hindi has a purpose again, since they gave it that extra base heal you can IMHO in fact forgo SI and take DE to compensate IFHE loss bringing net  fc with signals to 14% i think, not great but servicable... Admittedly IFHE hindi is a bit of a specific counter for CB (affecting only kreml and yama basically) but so is IFHE henry and many of us drove those in cb

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
144 posts

Makes the Yamato class which was actually made and proven to be pretty stubborn to sink look weak.

What's the point of playing Yamato if a paper ship is better?

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles
28 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Precisely, and suddenly a near obsolete hindi has a purpose again, since they gave it that extra base heal you can IMHO in fact forgo SI and take DE to compensate IFHE loss bringing net  fc with signals to 14% i think, not great but servicable... Admittedly IFHE hindi is a bit of a specific counter for CB (affecting only kreml and yama basically) but so is IFHE henry and many of us drove those in cb

i think yoshino might will become a thing as well....

3 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Makes the Yamato class which was actually made and proven to be pretty stubborn to sink look weak.

while nothing beats a yammie meme-wise lol it still is viable... until slava comes :Smile_trollface:....

seriously, overall i'm satisfied with bb balance.... only xceptions being stalin and kremlin atm 2 me.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,252 posts
10,006 battles
5 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Everything is better than the Yamato close range. Longe range the Yamato is still king. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
144 posts
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

Everything is better than the Yamato close range. Longe range the Yamato is still king. 

Kremlin didn't have any trouble penetrating my armor long range yesterday.

In fact he citadelled me.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,553 posts
23,737 battles
3 minutes ago, mil71 said:

in general 4 cits i got one xample. just one!.....

matschstart on 2 brothers on fuso, lil wastee spitting full ap salvo over the channel nowhere, just into enemy base..... and citas a ca....

"we, rng, don't care about ur expectations, we just bend ur faith over the knee, cheers" :Smile_honoring:

[LEEUW]
Players
2,252 posts
10,006 battles
Just now, mil71 said:

I wasn't talking about penetration. I was referring to the accuracy and alpha strike capabilities at long range. In that aspect Yamato is still unmatched. I can citadel you in your Yamato at 23km in my Stalin if you let me. So that doesn't really say much. 

• Cool 2

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,777 battles

already reducing the top deck armour from 60 to 50mm would make a big difference

• Cool 1

Players
6,763 posts
245 battles

not about the kremlin but about the ship before it, tried to citadel the bloody thing in the jean bart and only got a few bounces, pens and over-pens. despite being broadside lol. Although it was from 17km away, but later at 9.4km a similar event happened.

oh well probs just shite at aiming.