Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Facepalm moments from Ranked

42 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
1,183 posts
25,540 battles

Leave speshul moments - no rage, just facepalm ;)

This was a loss. When I said that GK and Yamato lost us a game they asked, but why?

image.thumb.png.3b233c039e9f0f7f4e06054dc5014b47.png

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
2 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

This was a loss. When I said that GK and Yamato lost us a game they asked, but why?

Wow.

some people.. :Smile_veryhappy:

3 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Why not use this thread though? :cap_hmm:

[OCTO]
Players
1,183 posts
25,540 battles
25 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Wow.

some people.. :Smile_veryhappy:

Why not use this thread though? :cap_hmm:

Would like to keep it as Ranked topic.

P.S. Both their kill were stea... , I mean kill secures - and they made a lot of whup, whup - I made a kill...

[SHAFT]
Players
9,552 posts
8,858 battles

Oh boy, i could write stories here - sadly couldnt make a screenshot everytime, but here are some:

Spoiler

image.png.80643dd039b5aa6e95bfcfe59b0cea7c.png

Yes, Hindenburg used Hydro <1 min into the game :cap_fainting:

Spoiler

fghgf.thumb.jpg.a732393cab9f4a5457a82cb09998b0ab.jpg

This was actually quite horrible, i marked all important things:

1. So you have 2 ships ontop of each other - yes torp from bow on BETWEEN them

2. We need 40 more points - time for our DD to rush in after sitting useless for 10 mins behind A

3. The CV is reversing full broadside infront of those 2 ships.

Luckily, they didnt manage to die and we won... but still :cap_fainting:

Spoiler

image.png.7d74dcfb0c27effaf0f2fbd317916b04.png

<1 min into the game ofc, enemy Yamato running towards map border... and he was spamming HE... and i died to it :Smile_sad: Because my Team went to H/I line behind islands and sat there all game long, while enemies took A and B and i was the only one trying to stop it (after the Z ofc died in A to the Gearing...)

Spoiler

image.png.4881f3e0ddeda064a79d91ad2fd26196.png

No comment. Salem had like 4k HP

Spoiler

image.png.f81de1b3c4bf8c93895d1d7c32a75e14.png

He torped his Shima, while closest target was ~12km id roughly assume, as i was 14 from the Henri.

So what else did i have which i couldnt screenshot:

- Today playing Salem, Daring popped from 3km in my face... he whiffed his torps and i snacked him :cap_popcorn:

- Shima gunboating our Daring and killing it :fish_palm:

- Full HP Conqueror and 50% HP GK dieing with 3 minutes to a CV and a 20k HP Republique - without killing it ofc. You would think, a full HP Conq cant lose to a basicly dead enemy BB... so did I, and guessed wrong ofc, and lost the game :cat_paw:

Probably more, but dont remember. Well, those are Facepalmy enough i think :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh no wait, the biggest facepalm is coming: I think i played 11 battles till now:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

This is my first Ranked season ever, so my first face palm was being one shot in my Zao in my second battle, darn it, just when I thought I'd got the hang of Ranked. My second face palm was to do it again ten battles later, just when I thought I'd learned my lesson. Tbh in both I was trying to spot using the Zao's concealment range because we had no DD's, but I now know it can be brutal and to paraphrase a common saying 'twice bitten twice shy'.

[OCTO]
Players
1,183 posts
25,540 battles

For the first 3 minutes AFK Haragumo (only DD and pink, worth noting...) and when called as an AFK, he says - "Actually ordering pizza", followed by some rage from other team members, he says - "fine, I wanted to help, but will go to A1 instead". And he did. It was a close loss - and it would have been a certain win if this "player" actually played.

Some petulant kids around, so be warned.... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Angry 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,552 posts
8,858 battles
21 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

For the first 3 minutes AFK Haragumo (only DD and pink, worth noting...) and when called as an AFK, he says - "Actually ordering pizza", followed by some rage from other team members, he says - "fine, I wanted to help, but will go to A1 instead". And he did. It was a close loss - and it would have been a certain win if this "player" actually played.

My god report him to WG? :Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

Players
2,010 posts
13,069 battles
26 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Well, it could be worse, he could yolo and die, hiding at A1 at lest saved a few points. Not that it was ok of course. 

Players
2,010 posts
13,069 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Like WG cares... Usual answer is use report in game. I know. I tried. 

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,183 posts
25,540 battles
Just now, DariusJacek said:

Sadly that is true.... 

Players
6,795 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Id rather watch paint dry, reporting is useless unless done en masse. Too be honest the little sod should be punished but yeah.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,552 posts
8,858 battles
9 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

8 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Sadly that is true.... 

7 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Id rather watch paint dry, reporting is useless unless done en masse. Too be honest the little sod should be punished but yeah.

MOst of the time, when i report someone to WG, they say they will take appropriate measures (whatever that means), but i think you have to hope for the best?

Just tell them, you cant report them for being AFK, because technically they werent AFK since they moved somewhere. Maybe theyll look into it and slap him on the fingers :Smile-_tongue:

Players
6,795 posts
245 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

MOst of the time, when i report someone to WG, they say they will take appropriate measures (whatever that means), but i think you have to hope for the best?

Just tell them, you cant report them for being AFK, because technically they werent AFK since they moved somewhere. Maybe theyll look into it and slap him on the fingers :Smile-_tongue:

Trust me, i report the little smellies, but unless they tell me what happened to player he report button is basically nothing more than a vent button.

shame really. Also your screenies have now convinced me to never try ranked battles lol.

• Funny 1

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Players
576 posts
7,505 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Zen71_sniper sagte:

Your team has one ship more so it is far away from loosing. You sunk next to an Radar ship ( I guess that was the reason ). Of course the Kurfürst and Montana have questionable positions, but throwing ones ship away and calling it a defeat/ calling it a defeat when when it is far from over is far worse than just potatoes at the map border.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,044 battles
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Actually some guy got 3 days of logging in ban. Why? He was mad and rammed a DD into an island the entire game being on DM. The guy on DD sent the replay and WG banned the ramming guy. 

Its in Polish but there’s the date up to 6th of June 2019 banned because of blocking

D759E28C-131F-4FF2-8490-6B7E6AADCF6A.jpeg

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Players
89 posts
4,747 battles
5 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

what type of pizza did he get?

• Funny 2

Players
2,571 posts
11,389 battles

Didn't Jingles mentioned in a video the other day that when you send in a valid complain with replay to Support, they'll actually do something about it. However due to privacy law they are unable to disclose the action taken.

[OCTO]
Players
1,183 posts
25,540 battles
9 hours ago, semiGM said:

Your team has one ship more so it is far away from loosing. You sunk next to an Radar ship ( I guess that was the reason ). Of course the Kurfürst and Montana have questionable positions, but throwing ones ship away and calling it a defeat/ calling it a defeat when when it is far from over is far worse than just potatoes at the map border.

Errr, no.  That is not what happened. Firstly, there is no Montana. Secondly, I got A cap and then at the first sign of trouble all of them ran north. I was surprised by Mino that flanked from islands from the left. By the time RPF changed, it was too late. 

Anyway, it was a loss. 

Players
606 posts

A few. Not many screenshots and I'm probably the cause of some angst myself, but... what about this one?

Guy kills himself from reflected TK-damage before anyone is spotted. My own performance is pretty anaemic, but we manage to win without losing another ship!?!?

shot-19_06.03_02_53.46-0969.thumb.jpg.d7c61d24dfae011eb7086b50f472788c.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
1,627 posts
18,195 battles

Well probably the weirdest team I had to deal with was where we had a Yamato YOLO rush right from the start while 2 Kurfusts a Des Moines and a Henry all hide behind 1 island where only the Des could actually fire its guns.

IMG_4606.PNG

• Funny 1

Players
6,795 posts
245 battles
8 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Actually some guy got 3 days of logging in ban. Why? He was mad and rammed a DD into an island the entire game being on DM. The guy on DD sent the replay and WG banned the ramming guy. 

Its in Polish but there’s the date up to 6th of June 2019 banned because of blocking

D759E28C-131F-4FF2-8490-6B7E6AADCF6A.jpeg

hmm, maybe it depends on the severity of the action commited in the report that determines how quickly and how long someone gets banned.

But since we don't know their system and can't go into much detail i guess thats all we can do.

although im glad he got banned though, could do with less hotheads around lol.

[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,044 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

hmm, maybe it depends on the severity of the action commited in the report that determines how quickly and how long someone gets banned.

But since we don't know their system and can't go into much detail i guess thats all we can do.

although im glad he got banned though, could do with less hotheads around lol.

He didn't want to TK him so he made this. Well, in FB wows group he posted this as if he didn't regret it. 

He got the ban the next day so pretty fast. 

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Not much to report as I haven't done that many ranked games yet and I don't have any screens either (basically I don't take any to post them on the Forum because I am too lazy to edit out the names).

Though I DO renember a VERY special player in one of my last games.

I was playing my Z52 (after realizing there actualy aren't that many CVs around) and went to the odd cap that apparently both teams didn't care much for (both teams were doing the lemming train in the other direction). RPF reported the team at least send a DD there too so I proceed with caution. I enter the cap and to my surprise I cap it without opposition even though one of the friendly BBs turned to flank the lemming train and/or support me. Then I spot torpedos passing me aimed at that BB and count... "those are Harugomo Torps!" (2 sets with TRB). I proceed with even more caution towards the RPF heading (at first 1/4 speed to smoke up and Hydro when spotted)

Turns out when I finally found him he kept running and trying to torp me. I could afford to chase because my team was winning and I kept chipping HP of with several engagements which I fled from because I feared the guns until i realized he is not shooting back. I gunned him down in the end with not one returnshot of him and several missed torpspreads. And no it wasn't a rental. I was like wtf.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this