Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HussarKaz

Colorado has access to fighter consumable. West Virginia 1941 should get it too.

14 comments in this topic

Players
312 posts
914 battles

Colorado has access to both fighter and recon aircraft consumables.

West Virginia is a stock Colorado on Tier 6 equipped with reconnaissance aircraft which in fact she doesn't need (with her 1.8 Sigma any her salvo beyond 20 km is a total random and RNG fest) and she doesn't have access to fighter aircraft which she desperately needs because her AA armanent is mediocre. If a CV constantly attacks you, you can do little against attacking aircraft. If two CVs concentrate attack on you, you're toast. Most time my WV became submarine was a result of repeating air raids. WV is in fact helpless against aircraft.

image.png.2644ef5b5c13d6c33b31d9ad124ea716.png

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,462 battles

If anything the fighter consumable needs to be removed for BBs and DFAA strengthened instead. It's extremely stupid that BBs are now the best AA platforms.

But then again that was probably one of the goals of the rework.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,631 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

If anything the fighter consumable needs to be removed for BBs and DFAA strengthened instead. It's extremely stupid that BBs are now the best AA platforms.

But then again that was probably one of the goals of the rework.

All the other consequences were!:Smile_hiding:

[4_0_4]
Players
7,547 posts
13,682 battles
5 hours ago, HussarKaz said:

West Virginia is a stock Colorado on Tier 6 equipped with reconnaissance aircraft which in fact she doesn't need (with her 1.8 Sigma any her salvo beyond 20 km is a total random and RNG fest) and she doesn't have access to fighter aircraft which she desperately needs because her AA armanent is mediocre. If a CV constantly attacks you, you can do little against attacking aircraft. If two CVs concentrate attack on you, you're toast. Most time my WV became submarine was a result of repeating air raids. WV is in fact helpless against aircraft.

:Smile_facepalm: Everyone who bought the WV1941 and expected it to perform well against CVs cannot be helped.

It was pretty clear, that the AA on this ship is horrible and one of it's major weaknesses.

There is no reason to fix this.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
312 posts
914 battles

My post was just a suggestion cause there is always a room for improvement - I don't understand why Colorado-class ship doesn't have an access to a Colorado feature, especially when the meontioned ship usually cannot shot down even one aircraft, despite being attacked multiple times.

57 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

:Smile_facepalm: Everyone who bought the WV1941 and expected it to perform well against CVs cannot be helped.

Dear kid with a cartoon avatar, nagging and crying without reason in multiple threads - improve your reading skills. I never expected WV to perform well against CVs and I never said that I expected this. Moreover, there is a huge gap between "perform well" and "be totally unarmed against enemy aircraft that makes you a gigantic magnet for every CV on map".

• Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,547 posts
13,682 battles
3 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

Dear kid with a cartoon avatar,

zut.thumb.JPG.dcea90fbec64c85fc1d05cf1364648a2.JPG

:Smile_facepalm: You have an actual cartoon avatar yourself. But if you have no arguments.

5 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

nagging and crying without reason in multiple threads

Just because most of the time you suggest pointless changes? Seems like you simply can't handle people disagreeing with you.

6 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

I never expected WV to perform well against CVs and I never said that I expected this. Moreover, there is a huge gap between "perform well" and "be totally unarmed against enemy aircraft".

A fighter consumable is the best AA you can have currently, because the fighters will kill planes.

Will you also demand a fighter for the Mutsu, just because the Nagato also can equip one?

The only T6 BB with a fighter is the Dunkerque.

Also your "argument" with the 20km range: This requires you to use the plotting room 1, which some players do not use.

All I can see in your post is you crying about being sunk by a CV.

Guess what: the WV is not the only ship with horrible AA. Many DDs might have a word with that aswell (some of them even have to face T10 CVs[Yukikaze says hello])

So should I demand Deff-AA and a AA Buff for the Yukikaze? No, because I bought her knowing that the AA is her weakness!

But that is excatly what you are doing here: You cry about your ship being unable to defend itself effectivly against CVs, despite knowing this when you bought it.

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts
914 battles
18 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Just because most of the time you suggest pointless changes? Seems like you simply can't handle people disagreeing with you.

Ehhh reading skills lvl 1.

Did I say: "nagging in my threads" or "nagging in multiple threads"? The mentioned threads were not only mine. Of course you can disagree with any of my opinions or anyone's opinion, but the way you do it is often childish. In this thread you attacked me for no reason and it was you who were in a mistaken.

No offence man, just consider it and treat as feedback.

A fighter consumable is the best AA you can have currently, because the fighters will kill planes.

She may have smaller squadrons (i.e 2 planes instead of Dunkerque's 3) which would be less effective - or lower amount of this consumable.

And yes, I have nothing against that the small fighter squadron would be applicable to Mutsu. It makes no sense that the same class ship - Nagato - has it.

The only T6 BB with a fighter is the Dunkerque.

omg

so what

Also your "argument" with the 20km range: This requires you to use the plotting room 1, which some players do not use.

Well, I stongly advise to use it. 16 km range is not enough and it is a waste of WV potential.

minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

zut.thumb.JPG.dcea90fbec64c85fc1d05cf1364648a2.JPG

:Smile_facepalm: You have an actual cartoon avatar yourself. But if you have no arguments.e knowing this when you bought it.

Hahahah 1:0 for you

Anyway: an epic admiral from a western cartoon > a girl from some chinese cartoon for little girls

So it's 4 000 000 : 1 for me

:Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,547 posts
13,682 battles
13 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

In this thread you attacked me for no reason and it was you who were in a mistaken.

Where did I initially attack you and were was I wrong?

The WV has horrible AA and a fighter would buff it more then it needed.

Again: So it was advised by WG and so it is. A fighter would not fit into WGs idea of the WV 1941.

15 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

No offence man, just consider it and treat as feedback.

Sure, but I also think you might mistake me with someone else. Since I rarely post in the english subforum.

16 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

She may have smaller squadrons (i.e 2 planes instead of Dunkerque's 3) which would be less effective - or lower amount of this consumable.

And yes, I have nothing against that the small fighter squadron would be applicable to Mutsu. It makes no sense that the same class ship - Nagato - has it.

2 planes are still half of Furious bomber squad. :Smile_smile:

And lower amount? How much? One?

Also Mutsu is the same as WV: She buys her downtier with horrible AA. Which was also advised by WG.

18 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

omg

so what

Which means you wanna give another premium advantage above all tree ships? Not a single silver BB at T6 can mount a fighter, why should the prems be able to? Just because you paid for them?

20 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

Well, I stongly advise to use it. 16 km range is not enough and it is a waste of WV potential.

Yes, you advice it. But that is not the norm. Some players play really well with the 16km.

Since I also have the WV, should I tell you what I use the spotter for?

Not for the range increase, but for the other PoV. Only focusing on the range increase is a horrible mistake many players do.

23 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

Hahahah 1:0 for you

Anyway: an epic admiral from a western cartoon > a girl from some chinese cartoon for little girls

So it's 4 000 000 : 1 for me

Hmm yes, typical. Generalization without background knowledge. :fish_sleep:

Granted, I'll admit I've no idea who your character is and honestly, I don't even care after such a statement from you.

Players
312 posts
914 battles
9 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Since I also have the WV, should I tell you what I use the spotter for?

Not for the range increase, but for the other PoV.

To be honest, I dislike this PoV a lot - it is useful to shot over islands but it just does not suit for me. :Smile_Default:

Which means you wanna give another premium advantage above all tree ships? Not a single silver BB at T6 can mount a fighter, why should the prems be able to? Just because you paid for them?

I played just 2 tech tree T6 BB - New Mexico and Queen Elizabeth - and none of them need fighter, their AA is fine, especially when supported by allies. WV and Mutsu have no AA at all.

Yes, you advice it. But that is not the norm. Some players play really well with the 16km.

Ehhhh I said that I advice it, not that there is impossible to play well with 16 km range and - again - I never said that. You misunderstood me 3rd time in a row, I hope it was because of the hour (1 AM) :Smile_Default:

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

Nope, shitty AA is a balancing factor: you have tier 7 guns on a tier 6 hull, so you have to sacrifice something.

Considering VW is performing as one of the best tier 6 BB she doesn’t need buff, if you want a fighter maybe you may consider reducing her sigma by a couple of decimals and increasing her reload time to russian BB level :Smile_trollface:

Players
312 posts
914 battles
22 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

increasing her reload time

Due to the fact that shells are bigger, heavier and in real life 406 mm had about 20-30% longer reload time than 356 - I could accept that in exchange for fighter :Smile_Default:

22 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

you have tier 7 guns on a tier 6 hull

Not exactly the same guns. They have much worse range and accuracy compared to Colorado.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,401 posts

Any sane person who feels he has inadequate AA should pair up with cruiser or other BB that has decent AA, and move with it untill at least mid-match. And if your partner ship is lost or you got seperated, connect to other ships AA aumbrella  again. Certainly late game if the enemy CV is still alive and killing low HP allied ships one by one as usual......not complain about it.

Right action in game will make your ship (very) usable, complaning will not.

Many ships have bad AA on purpose : that balances other features out. You can escape that weakness using your brains, and (passive ) teamplay. You don't need cooperation to use anothers AA umbrella.....you can just use it by being near/under it.

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts
914 battles
28 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Any sane person who feels he has inadequate AA should pair up with cruiser or other BB that has decent AA, and move with it untill at least mid-match. And if your partner ship is lost or you got seperated, connect to other ships AA aumbrella  again. Certainly late game if the enemy CV is still alive and killing low HP allied ships one by one as usual......not complain about it.

Right action in game will make your ship (very) usable, complaning will not.

I do it on every battle, but in most cases WV is too slow to relocate. She is usable anyway (my average dpb is slightly higher than server average WV dpb) but I find it very unpleasant to get massacred by CVs so easily.

BTW. Relying on allies AA only is often a straight way to lemmingtrain... 

Sign in to follow this