You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

HE spamming fetish of WG

49 comments in this topic

Players
485 posts
7,279 battles

Seriously what is this trend recently by WG? Why are they adding more and more unbalanced HE spammers? I couldnt care less if they have no armor, they will simply sit behind an island, s*itting on everyone who dares to leave their cover. The powercreep is getting ridiculous.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,439 posts
8,808 battles

Pff, they dont even need to leave cover, they can just spam even over the biggest islands! Nothing is safe from those arcs which Colbert has.

Bad thing is, they will come one way or the other. Imo the only reasonable way to balance them, give them appropriate pen, so they can pen 32mm with IFHE, and then give them CA reload like 10 secs or so.

Ive watched flamu play Colbert and Smolensk couple of times now - its just horrendously unfun to play against (or even watch somebody play it).

Also, just play Colbert together with a Minotaur and sit in smoke, man that will be stupid :cap_tea:

Only wonder if they are going to be Steel ships or something else :cap_fainting: They are so OP and fragily, they might actually be Steel ships imo.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,103 posts

And if.. miraculously, they don't happen to find a suitable island from the about 1,000 or so on every map some of them will still have a smoke cloud giving them an imaginary island where to park themselves and spam for 2 mins flat.

[CATS]
Players
26,057 posts
14,083 battles
14 minutes ago, AronForce said:

Seriously what is this trend recently by WG? Why are they adding more and more unbalanced HE spammers? I couldnt care less if they have no armor, they will simply sit behind an island, s*itting on everyone who dares to leave their cover. The powercreep is getting ridiculous.

HE does less damage than AP, be glad.

[BBMM]
Players
5,757 posts
7,301 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

its just horrendously unfun to play against (or even watch somebody play it).

...everything, just to make you appreciate the CV that deletes them. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,230 posts
9,995 battles

Dear wargaming,

#MAKEOCEANGREATAGAIN

Yours truly,

Stalingrad and the rest of the BBs.

giphy.gif

• Cool 9
  • Funny 14

Players
244 posts
35 minutes ago, AronForce said:

As a BB main, I agree that the current HE spamming meta is making the game more and more unplayable. I think WG wants us all to play AA Cruisers that hide behind islands all game. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
32 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

HE does less damage than AP, be glad.

AP damage can be mitigated through skill and tactics with angling your ship, HE is unavoidable damage if it pens, however it comes with fire regardless of pen so still unavoidable damage. HE also has the unavoidable effect of knocking out precious AA mounts.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,367 posts
13,049 battles
14 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

As a BB main, I agree that the current HE spamming meta is making the game more and more unplayable. I think WG wants us all to play AA Cruisers that hide behind islands all game. 

Well it seems the best class to be in right now......can burn everything down, outright shoot it ( DD ) or whip it from the air before wepaons drop.

Ocean map in combination with CV spotting does seem to be a problem for them though......

But if they get too popular and dominate matches, some counter measure or nerf will be imposed on them.

• Boring 1

Players
488 posts
9,572 battles

just give us in return the unoverpenable Cita on cruisers back we had 2 or 3 years ago....   those where fun times :)

[BAD-F]
Players
127 posts
165 battles

I think what should concern ALL players more is the fact that these patently broken, experimental ships are unleashed onto the live server in the hands of testers and CC's... without the player base having any idea of their abilities/weaknesses and the effect that has on the victims win rate and game enjoyment. These 'test' ships should only EVER be in use on any one of the TEST SERVERS until they are almost ready for release... It's bad enough that we are all BETA testers for a broken CV rework, but to have unobtainable, and sometimes never to appear ships dropped onto the main live servers is ridiculous and grossly unfair to boot.... poor show WG very poor show !

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,057 posts
14,083 battles
50 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

AP damage can be mitigated through skill and tactics with angling your ship, HE is unavoidable damage if it pens, however it comes with fire regardless of pen so still unavoidable damage. HE also has the unavoidable effect of knocking out precious AA mounts.

HE damage can be mitigated through skill and tactics too....

Yes, even angling helps when the HE shatters at your bow turrets and does not hit your broadside superstructure.

Fire is 100% healable damage.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
33 minutes ago, FluffyCheeks said:

I think what should concern ALL players more is the fact that these patently broken, experimental ships are unleashed onto the live server in the hands of testers and CC's... without the player base having any idea of their abilities/weaknesses and the effect that has on the victims win rate and game enjoyment. These 'test' ships should only EVER be in use on any one of the TEST SERVERS until they are almost ready for release... It's bad enough that we are all BETA testers for a broken CV rework, but to have unobtainable, and sometimes never to appear ships dropped onto the main live servers is ridiculous and grossly unfair to boot.... poor show WG very poor show !

Any changes on test server tend to get ignored and put on live anyway at least on live we get sort of noted about how we feel and mostly ignored.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,909 battles
6 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

HE is unavoidable damage if it pens

AP is also unavoidable damage if it pens

[MORIA]
Players
7,285 posts
35,888 battles

I had the unfun moment to be against a Colbert with Harugumo and Gearing division. The power creep edit OP braindeadness was just so painful. Literally my full hp Republic was melted down in less than 2min. 3 perma fires and trillion of shells that I couldn’t escape in time (Harugumo was eventually out of range but Colbert kept firing and setting fires on sections that stopped burning up to 18km). 

Atlanta at least has some limited range, as T7 you can’t make all map range (Colbert can be 21km....sick) . 

edit: Language please

Players
3,213 posts

Must be some very good players playing this Colbert thing, I shudder everytime I take my Mino or Worcester out, so fragile one salvo and they are gone, only occasionally take them out in co op or sometimes when my clan mates insist on a tier X game, everytime I even get behind an island, once there you cannot move as when you show yourself, instant deletion.

As a class of ships Cruisers are the worst, again at tier & Atlanta, same problem, hug rocks don't/can't move, sail out in the open, instant deletion.

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
13 hours ago, AronForce said:

Seriously what is this trend recently by WG? Why are they adding more and more unbalanced HE spammers?

SO

Q: Many battleship players complain about the HE spam. Do you plan any changes  in gameplay?

A: The server statistics shows that battleships take most damage from AP. Moreover, most of the damage to the citadel cannot be repaired. Spamming HE from smoke is less attractive now due to quicker reload of the radar consumables. Reducing the HE damage would lead to a "World of Battleships", which would entail a battleships nerf. If playing the battleships is so uncomfortable, why is this class so popular?

A: We would like to make cruisers more popular. This is why they get rudder mod.3 in 0.5.12. Other tweaks will be introduced later.

In our concept of ideal class distribution, BBs should have 25-30% of popularity. It works more or less, but on some realms/tiers they exceeded this limit.

We don't want global nerfs and will try to avoid them at all costs - this is why we cancelled bow plating reduction. But some smaller, more precise actions will be taken.

[CATS]
Players
26,057 posts
14,083 battles
21 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I am still waiting for a BB stuffed with Atlanta style guns.

USS_Wyoming,_gunnery_training_ship,_1944

These duties continued throughout the rest of the war. Wyoming was modernized at Norfolk Navy Yard from 12 January to 3 April 1944;[2] the reconstruction removed the last of her three 12-inch gun turrets, and replaced them with four twin and two single enclosed mounts for 5-inch/38 caliber guns.[9] New fire control radars were also installed; these modifications allowed Wyomingto train anti-aircraft gunners with the most modern equipment they would use while in combat with the fleet. She was back in service in the Chesapeake Bay by 10 April. Over the course of the war, Wyoming trained an estimated 35,000 gunners on seven different types of guns: 5-inch, 3-inch, 1.1-inch, 40-millimeter, 20-millimeter, .50 caliber, and .30 caliber (7.62 mm) weapons. Due to her extensive use as a gunnery training ship, she claimed the distinction of firing more ammunition than any other ship in the fleet during the war.[2]

• Cool 7

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Big Mammy is pretty much it and still has her 16 inches 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

That would be a gigle at say t5, however high tier us bbs have even more 5" as sec

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I mean, we already have cruisers with Battleship guns... so I dont see why we cant do the reverse as well :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,955 posts
8,544 battles
17 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

...everything, just to make you appreciate the CV that deletes them. :Smile_trollface:

Just a WG move to drag attention from "balanced" CVs^^ :Smile_hiding:

17 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

Tell this them overmatching AP grenades. Its the opposite HE is healable. AP is sometimes unavoidable and permanent. And AP can even destroy your turrets. :Smile_sceptic:

4 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Psst. Do not invoke the secret archives for RU Prem BBs. :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1