Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Twitch Drops 0.8.4 —Check out What's New!

29 comments in this topic

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Did I read that correctly as meaning:

• Twitch drops start again on the 5th.
  • Watching streams before that will not gain any rewards (except the eternal gratitude of the streamer).
  • Twitch drops end again on the 26th.

:cap_hmm:

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
3,944 battles

Only MAX 5 containers during 0.8.4.? Only 5 containes in 4 weeks? NO more multiple containers every day? Makes me sad somehow :Smile_sad:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
4 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

Only 5 containes in 4 weeks?

Three weeks. 5th to 26th are 21 days.

Don't even dare to expect them to run from midnight to midnight on the start and end dates. That's not how Wargaming works. :fish_glass:

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The good: chances on epic drops
The meh: still the same contents in the containers: switch it up a bit. Have a variety of contents (some container more flags, some contain more credits)

The bad: limited numbers. 5 containers is not a lot, one can wonder: is it worth the bandwidth to get 5 containers with predicatable contents? Sure, free stuff is free, but...

• Cool 1

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
149 posts
7,657 battles

Now, is there a list of those whom have drops enabled? 

Im in two moods, 
One I want the Makarov as its one of the few ships I don't have.

BUT,
with no real announcements of when streams are, or whom will have drops enabled (as of yet) seems even more potluck to getting these.

[HOO]
3,242 posts
8 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

IIRC, it's an "opt-out" thing, so any streamer that streams WoWS automatically gives twitch-drops, unless they've deselected that option. I don't know anyone that did that.

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
149 posts
7,657 battles
Just now, MrFingers said:

IIRC, it's an "opt-out" thing, so any streamer that streams WoWS automatically gives twitch-drops, unless they've deselected that option. I don't know anyone that did that.

Ahh, had no idea on that,  was assuming it worked similar to a few other games I played where only certain streamers were selected to also give out drops, rather than an opt out system

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,089 battles
26 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

Im in two moods, 
One I want the Makarov as its one of the few ships I don't have.

BUT,
with no real announcements of when streams are, or whom will have drops enabled (as of yet) seems even more potluck to getting these.

I'm sure all CCs have it enabled, at the end of the day this is up to each streamer (since it's a setting on their end) and we don't have any influence on that.

1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

The good: chances on epic drops
The meh: still the same contents in the containers: switch it up a bit. Have a variety of contents (some container more flags, some contain more credits)

The bad: limited numbers. 5 containers is not a lot, one can wonder: is it worth the bandwidth to get 5 containers with predicatable contents? Sure, free stuff is free, but...

Please don't forget that while the number of containers is reduced, we added the missions which allow you to get your hand on additional camouflages, etc.

2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Did I read that correctly as meaning:

• Twitch drops start again on the 5th.
  • Watching streams before that will not gain any rewards (except the eternal gratitude of the streamer).
  • Twitch drops end again on the 26th.

:cap_hmm:

Yes we're looking into an update to update approach but we're still testing with the feature.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
149 posts
7,657 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

I'm sure all CCs have it enabled, at the end of the day this is up to each streamer and we don't have any influence on that.

Please don't forget that while the number of containers is reduced, we added the missions which allow you to get your hand on additional camouflages, etc.

Yes we're looking into an update to update approach but we're still testing with the feature.

Greetings, Crysantos

Thanks for the clarification 

[HHR]
Players
296 posts
15,956 battles

why the moaning about free stuff? yes it is not the same as before but better than nothing, I know when I first started 100,000 was not to be sniffed at

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles

OK, Twitch drops are not bad thing but i wonder, are we going to get also some care packages like wot players or we don't deserve it?

God dammed we get Texas :Smile_facepalm:  , they  get tier 7 premium tank from Twitch :cap_wander:

[VETS]
Players
1 post
12,765 battles

I've never participated in twitch drops, please explain me how it works,is that drop shows up on your screen or you have to press some button somewhere? Thanks. 

• Cool 1

[VALHA]
Players
5 posts
1,836 battles
21 hours ago, RemBau said:

I've never participated in twitch drops, please explain me how it works,is that drop shows up on your screen or you have to press some button somewhere? Thanks. 

Same here. Thnx in advance to enlightening us! :)

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
On 6/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, RemBau said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/twitch/twitch-containers/

The EU had the same website but the US one showed up first on a quick google search. It still works the exact same way.

Beta Tester
62 posts
2,310 battles
2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/twitch/twitch-containers/

The EU had the same website but the US one showed up first on a quick google search. It still works the exact same way.

Thats the same ( more or less) info thats here on EU linked at the top of this thread.....

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
149 posts
7,657 battles

EDIT

Literally as i post it and hop back to port 

I get a drop,
You will get a little in game pop up in the port saying you got a twitch container.
Containers get added to your port during the stream

So to summarise

Link twitch and WoWs Accounts, 
Watch streams 
Occasionally get a container

• Cool 1

[HOO]
3,242 posts

During, just had one for watching Flamu, while his stream is still going on.

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,089 battles
On 6/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, RemBau said:

Hi,

It's very easy and actually explained in the article or this one. All you have to do:

1. Create a Twitch account if you don't have one yet
  2. Link your Twitch & WG account in your WG account management.
  3. Watch a streamer who plays World of Warships and has Twitch Drops enabled.
  4. Some Drops are chance based, some Drops have a guaranteed Drop chance after watching a certain amount of time.
  5. Once you receive a Drop, you will get an in-game notification.

We also included the info about what you get:

1. Twitch Challenges – Guaranteed drop, every week. 
  2. Regular drops – A Twitch container. You can receive up to 5 of these during Version 0.8.4
  3. Epic drop (Soviet CA Tier VI Admiral Makarov) – rare. Only one can be received per viewer.
On 6/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, CardinalPanzer said:

the limit of 5 in total kind of kills it for me.

Well, it's not only 5 containers but also additional missions for extra rewards. If you don't want to have the free containers, there's no need to watch any Twitch content if you don't want to :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,301 battles

whats the point? got no containers last time the system doesnt work properly and yes my account is linked abd works fine with World of Tanks drops

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,301 battles
On 6/4/2019 at 3:19 AM, TCG_OliveBranch said:

OK, Twitch drops are not bad thing but i wonder, are we going to get also some care packages like wot players or we don't deserve it?

God dammed we get Texas :Smile_facepalm:  , they  get tier 7 premium tank from Twitch :cap_wander:

Actually had 3 tanks from twitch care packages, a couple of female commanders, two special permanent camos  and plenty other goodies. The care packages are great. could really do with them in ships

Players
6 posts
11,295 battles

Ok, so its 5 days after the new twitch drops have been activated. Yes, I got one within minutes of logging into WoWS & Twitch on the first day.  But thats it. one drop in 5 days.

[CGP]
Beta Tester
3 posts
3,129 battles

Same thing ,1 box right  at  the  start , 0 box after 5 dyas with 2-5  h of thit a day , its  a Scam

just get first box and you can forget  abouth twith

Sign in to follow this