You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

Rentals in ranked - discussion thread

146 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles

Edit by moderation: This thread is now meant to discuss rentals in ranked constructively!

Avoid unnecessary posts like flaming and whining about rentals.

edit:

in this sense, for any discussion on the matter yet check the linked (and closed) threads, on which u might refer to. thx.

aaand, for the more outdated, one from page 2 :Smile_honoring:

cheers, njoy :dance_turtle:

:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles

Its the life cycle of the forums/reddit. Last year it was definitely all these US radar cruisers that made winning impossible. Then for the last few months its been CV that have made winning impossible, now its rentals in ranked that makes winning impossible.

Im looking forward to french DD, and the "stupid dd with no smokes goes into cap and dies" or "stupid DD doesnt go into cap" threads that will inevitably appear to once again claim that "insert X here" makes winning impossible

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
965 posts
4,643 battles
8 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Its the life cycle of the forums/reddit.

Rental ships do not have camo.

If you go into ranked in a rental DD, you are all kinds of stupid. I seriously would consider it griefing, it's so atrociously dumb.

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
409 posts
10,110 battles

This is a very good idea. I like it. We need more proactive, community-friendly initiatives such as these, now everyone can easily find the whine that suits them most. *Applause* 

Jolly good show. Mods please take note.

I hope to see such initiative when the submarine whine threads come out 

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
17,371 posts
11,714 battles
1 minute ago, Miragetank90 said:

I hope to see such initiative when the submarine whine threads come out :Smile_trollface:

Then even I would consider some fine whine....:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[OGHF]
Players
793 posts
13,013 battles
56 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

Rental ships do not have camo.

If you go into ranked in a rental DD, you are all kinds of stupid. I seriously would consider it griefing, it's so atrociously dumb.

Had 2 rental Shima’s on the same team as me this morning, guess what, yep they lasted not very long :Smile_facepalm:

Players
452 posts
7,835 battles

Don't know what thread to pick so just stuck with this one.

If I only had access to rental T10 ships I would play ranked with them. So why would I blame other players for doing something I would be doing in the same situation?

I used cash to convert free XP and bought myself a Kremlin. Immediately took that ship to ranked. Similar situation, I take a ship I have no experience with to ranked.
5 wins, 0 losses. Thank you team.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
5 hours ago, MrWastee said:

as it becomes kinda hard to keep the oversight i just thought it might would be helpful to have kind of an index on all the rental whine threads, so everyone can choose the one which suits the best :Smile_great:

aaand, for the more outdated, one from page 2 :Smile_honoring:

cheers, njoy :dance_turtle:

:Smile_popcorn:

You forgot the germans whine too:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles
8 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You forgot the germans whine too:

....nah, i did post in there yesterday. no english thread, no english membership ^^ :cat_bubble:..... and: ofc there's a german whinethread, we always do whine :Smile_smile::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_glasses:

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, I_m_just_lucky said:

So much whine, I‘ll bring some cheese to the party..

8FD97B7E-6A6A-4819-B908-142212F76B6A.jpeg

282EACB2-1770-4ACF-AE2F-23A08BFF99E4.jpeg

F7DFCD09-99BF-4712-BD23-A6E8D57716CB.jpeg

C4944DA5-9CC0-4DC8-90EC-AC926F1855E9.jpeg

:Smile_amazed:is that he alternative rus bb line? moar cheese on top of kremlin and stalin :Smile_child::Smile_trollface:?!

.....mjammie :Smile_popcorn::Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles

thx 4 pointing me back onto my heritage lol, as over there we actually even have an official statement:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/118894-wer-will-leihschiffe-im-ranked/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-3024213

3 hours ago, Sehales said:

Ich kann aktuell nichts direkt zur Situation sagen, aber ich habe weitergegeben was hier diskutiert wird (bisherige Ergebnisse der Umfrage + allgemeine Meinungen zum Update und den Neuerungen/Features).

est. translation:

"i can't state anything directly on the current situation, but i did pass what's been discussed here further on (current results of the poll + overall opinions on the update and the new stuff/features)."

...which furthermore translates into.... :cat_bubble:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,924 posts
1,202 battles

Thank you for the list. The moderators will do a little spring-cleaning (closing most threads and point to a single one, which shall be known as "Rentals in Ranked - Discussion"), to better focus the discussion instead of spreading it everywhere.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles
Just now, Sehales said:

Thank you for the list. The moderators will do a little spring-cleaning (closing most threads and point to a single one, which shall be known as "Rentals in Ranked - Discussion", to better focus the discussion instead of spreading it everywhere.

besides spoiling my fun :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

THAAANK U.... njoy kicking minions :Smile_great::Smile_honoring::Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles
16 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

Removed off topic posts.

Thread pinned.

This thread is now the official rentals in ranked discussion thread. Avoid flaming/whining and stay constructive!

while that's a bit of funny, because it's xcatly what this thread not was meant to be *cough* :Smile_veryhappy:, i'll be nice and start with wrapping up my own opinion:

rentals - good (as no rental cv's are given out)

--> more rentals, less cv matches in ranked for every other player xcept cv's

--> less ranked matches with cv in 4 me, me gusto :Smile_great:

ain't fun when whole team get owned by a slingshot haku! way easier to carry through some rentals... and if not that match, next will have more potatoes on other team, just as every other season b4.... just less cv's for everyone in relation!

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,010 posts
7,202 battles

I can see why WG have done this: the logic, I guess, is to let less established players have a go on T10 for a brief period, hopefully with the intention of encouraging them to play/spend more to get some 'proper' T10s down the road (full disclosure: it essentially worked on me a year or so ago with the Clans rentals).

Equally, I can see why a lot of people are upset: Ranked is sold as being competitive (not that anyone believes that any more), so it sucks to get a deliberately gimped ship on your team, which makes it harder to win - in theory.

I've only played three battles in Ranked this season so far; in all three, my side has had more rentals than the other, and we've won all three - a nano-second's glance at my stats will indicate that it clearly isn't heroic carrying on my part, so I'm not sure how much of a gimping effect rentals tend to have in practice. Of course, I could have been lucky and the rentals I got may have been at least vaguely competent players (I strongly suspect as much in at least one case)...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles

yet 26 matches here, only 1 with reaaally brilliant vegetables and 1 with a slingshot haku (like not 5 in whole with cv's). can't complain at all, from my personal perspective this season yet plays like any else b4, xcept for the slingshot match!....

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
51 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

yet 26 matches here, only 1 with reaaally brilliant vegetables and 1 with a slingshot haku (like not 5 in whole with cv's). can't complain at all, from my personal perspective this season yet plays like any else b4, xcept for the slingshot match!....

Your thread has basically usurped all those other whine threads about rentals which are now closed and this thread will be the place to whine about them, was that your intention??

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
1 hour ago, floribe2000 said:

Removed off topic posts.

Thread pinned.

This thread is now the official rentals in ranked discussion thread. Avoid flaming/whining and stay constructive!

This was the whine thread of whine threads about rentals, which you have now closed and now this is the place to whine about them? Is that what you are saying

Players
1,809 posts
245 battles

I actually suggested this as a joke, but i guess the mods took the idea literally.

which is good because i can for see more rentals at other tiers appearing i mean world of tanks has this at tier 8-10 with prem tanks, so im guessing this will be expanded upon in the near future.

too be honest i get pretty nervous diving into top tiers since im still not familiar with them enough and want to make sure that i can do well and help my team (like getting 36k in my saint louis being 4th place and winning lol).

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,719 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Your thread has basically usurped all those other whine threads about rentals which are now closed and this thread will be the place to whine about them, was that your intention??

:Smile_glasses:.....

Spoiler

nope :Smile_veryhappy:

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

This was the whine thread of whine threads about rentals, which you have now closed and now this is the place to whine about them? Is that what you are saying

the logic in it:

one place to check all discussion yet and take it into here.... not too stupid imo. but thats like discussing moderation, so i might add:

had a match with 2 rentals on my team. landslide loss. but not coz of rentals, but of every player running like chickens!... xcept 4 one rental and me.... but, i'm glad there's not been a cv in that match :Smile_great::Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[OCTO]
Players
14 posts
8,210 battles

I must say that while your intention was to provide a ranked gaming experience to all, this season is lacking and has become the least enjoyable season yet. There needs to be more stringent qualifications to get rentals, if you are going to provide these. Otherwise, why cant you run two ranked seasons at the same time, one that allows rentals, and one that does not? Just my two cents.

• Cool 1

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
4 posts
3,623 battles

I'm very sad about this season, let really noob premium T8 players play in rented tier X ships to play, I understand everthing is about money, but this idea is coming from a mentally disabled person only, ruining the whole season........

[O-P-C]
Beta Tester
4 posts
3,623 battles

Whose idea was these rented tier X ships: Report: Works poorly.....

[NOCAP]
Players
340 posts
14,785 battles

I was holding a question of a similar note actually. Does anyone consider Ranked to be fun? Why does it exist? I don't know about you, but I would say that suffering through something for a reward you want is not a credible basis for a game-mode. It's as if.... as if it would be your 2nd job. 

• Cool 2